Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 01/ 2.6 Elite Est electric w/memory seat fault ?  (Read 527 times)

LordShiplane

• Enfield
    • View Profile
01/ 2.6 Elite Est electric w/memory seat fault ?
« on: 07 October 2008, 15:07:36 »

Hi mighty OOF members.

A small problem has occured. I was adjusting my drivers seat at the weekend and whilst doing this I pressed one of the memory settings and my seat went alarmingly backwards, down and flat !!! When trying to re adjust it back to my normal driving position (which is a lot closer to the steering wheel) it only travels horizontley to approx 3 inches from the forward end of its track and wont budge/glide or whirr any further. All the other functions still work fine. I need it to get to almost the forward end as I have got short fat hairy legs . At the mo I am having to really stretch which is not safe or comfortable  :(

Looking thru the manual, as you do, it does state that it can be manually cranked but the previous owner must have "forgotten!!" to replace the tool kit in the spare wheel compartment, so no joy,

Does anyone have a miracle cure or do I have to pay dealer prices to have it looked at  :'(

Waiting in hope , Cheers Guys n Gals
A person needs only three tools: WD-40, duct tape and a hammer. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape. If either doesn't work use the hammer

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
Re: 01/ 2.6 Elite Est electric w/memory seat fault ?
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2008, 15:11:44 »

Chances are you have a penny stuck in the runners or something like that...no need for dealers...see if there is anything obvious stuck in the runners...if not remove the seat (2 40mm torx bolts at the front and 2 at the back)...will be tricky/impossible to get to the back 2 bolts if you cant move forward so maybe just undo the front 2 bolts which you will have easy access to and see if you can slide something under the gap between the seat and runner to clear any blockage :)

Got about 4 of the manual winders if you want to buy one £5 plus p&p (about £1.50)
« Last Edit: 07 October 2008, 15:13:56 by ShieldOfSteel »
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

LordShiplane

• Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2008, 15:28:45 »

Thanks for the info,   :y  MutantCav

I will have a go at removing the front two bolts over the weekend and let you know if I need one of your manual winders if unsuccessful

As always OOF to the rescue

Legends, each and every one
A person needs only three tools: WD-40, duct tape and a hammer. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape. If either doesn't work use the hammer

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2008, 15:32:57 »

No problem, also worth setting the 3 setting buttons so the problem doesnt re-occur...set everything as you want it and hold the M button while pressing button 1 2 or 3 just in case you dont know how to...
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2008, 15:37:54 »

look down the inside area right by the seatbelt attachment, there is a small gap in the runners where the coins drop through and jam ... it might be possible to extract them using one of those long 3-prong gripper things ... it has worked for me on 2 occasions.. had to remove the seat on the other one .. :(

SteveMJ

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2008, 17:28:49 »

To manually move the seats with a hand tool will take ages - it takes quite a while with an electric screwdriver and hex bit.

S
Steve

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2008, 17:31:12 »

Yes it does, but as and when its your only choice its a life saver! :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2008, 20:02:53 »

If its a jammed coin the manual winder probably won't work either .. :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.