Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speeders - Shady Insurance Co moneyspinner?  (Read 1483 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Speeders - Shady Insurance Co moneyspinner?
« on: 02 November 2006, 14:09:52 »

Despite only ever having had one speeding fine about 100 years ago, I was having a think about one of the side effects of getting penalty points for speeding. It is this. Your insurance goes up on renewal assuming you tell the company. Now whilst I would agree that maybe 6 % of accidents are speed related (and that is 6% too many), I would assert that the vast majority of speeders “get done” and have points added and increased insurance premium but they are still the same safety /insurance risk they were before getting done. You could even argue they are now safer and should have a reduced premium.  

The silent winners are the insurance companies who hide behind “ cars cost more to fix nowadays”, "more dents in car parks" (who are the brains behind making car parking spaces only suitable for 1930’s cars anyway?) whilst trousering extra money from the many who are getting done. That’s it I’m off mi soapbox now
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Re: Speeders - Shady Insurance Co moneyspinner?
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2006, 14:24:40 »

Have to agree with you there Olive I bet the vast majority of people who have been done for speeding have only been a couple of mph over the limit and caught by speed cameras as opposed to being caught by traffic police ripping down the motorway at 120 mph. The thing that really p*ssis me of though is that sp 30 points remain on your licence for three years however most insurance companys log them for five years when calculating your premium. It just gives the insurance companys a bl**dy good excuse to hike your premiums.
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2006, 14:47:24 »

I didnt think Insuance comps bothered about speeding fines, unless you have a few of them.....i know in a conversation with mine....they told me the premiums were unaffected unless you had more than 6 points....

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2006, 16:09:38 »

your standard sp30 ( fixed penalty for say 42 in a 30mph) wont affect your insurance unless its changed very very recently.

I also know of someone who added 3 points to there insurance and there was no change  :-/
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 November 2006, 18:31:30 »

My wifes sp30 increased our premium by £40 pa :(
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

STMO123

« Reply #5 on: 02 November 2006, 19:17:52 »

If you want really cheap insurance try going to "confused" or a similar comparison site. You can get some ridiculously low quotes but........I've never heard of most of these insurers and I'd be very nervous if I had to claim.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 November 2006, 19:32:28 »

Hephelump.co.uk charged me £240 as I got an SP30 on a street camera before I took the policy out. The cathc was that I did'nt know I had when i took the policy out, as it took three motnhs from the speeding until I got the notice, after I took out the policy. :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.