Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow Down  (Read 5479 times)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Slow Down
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2015, 21:15:53 »

and keep your distance. A lot of folks valentines day ruined there
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ted_one

« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2015, 21:56:11 »

The roads are getting scarier than ever,seems to be a culture of 'pressing on' no matter what the conditions are ::)

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2015, 21:58:50 »

I was up there this morning THICK fog tailgating and driving into the fog blind. I was amazed at how many idiots on the m40

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2015, 22:02:42 »

Driving culture has changed so much in recent years, on a trip from Bristol to Birmingham the other week  via the M5 I lost count of the number of people that under took. I was led to believe this is illegal, but it seems its all now so normal. Idiots !!!
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2015, 22:12:53 »

Many seem oblivious to the conditions nowadays  :(
Omegatitis

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2015, 22:22:30 »

There are additional complications at that Bicester junctions, which is why there are frequent smashes there, even before the fog comes down.

Southbound, the outside-laners wait til the last minute to get off, in order to jump the (usually 0.5-1m) queue.  Only this means coming to a standstill in the "Middle" lane (just as it goes to 2 lanes), and can't seem to see the danger in a 70mph car ploughing into the back of them.

Northbound, those joining from the A34 have to get in the outside lane ASAP, else they obviously have a small penis.  For traffic on the motorway anyway, there is an odd, variable camber as the motorway turns right, then left at the junction. This can cause an avoiding swerve to turn into a slide.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of these was the initial cause, then with the fog, pile ups ensued.
Grumpy old man

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2015, 10:49:37 »

every morning I see people cutting in and rushing plus going through a pubs layby entrance to dodge some traffic lights and its often repeat offenders and I think ffs get up a few mins earlier and is your car/life/somebody elses life worth it cos your an arse and cant allow more time to commute or just be a few mins late

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 15 February 2015, 11:38:16 »

The standards of driving in this country are absolutely shocking - it's not about (inappropriate) speed, fog or anything else, it's the total lack of awareness of:

a) Everything around you
b) The rules of the road that keep us all safe because we all agree to the same principles (and I'd go so far as to ignore a little speeding there, unless you're doing a ton forty while everyone else is doing 60!)
c) The fact that you are piloting a 1500Kg+ steel killing machine, not a big fluffy ball of dough that will save you and everyone around you in the event you fsck up.

Driving home from Hatfield last night at about 11pm the general lack of awareness of all of the above was absolutely appalling, from the Mercedes who decided to crawl past me in lane 2 as I was approaching a slower car in lane 1 and then, as he drew past me and I started to pull out, brake test a 2.2tonne pickup (twice), to the Mercedes in lane 4 of 5 doing 65mph braking randomly without another car in sight for a good couple of miles (literally, just me and him in sight!), to the Fiat with the satnav stuck to the screen directly in front of her face, to the Citroen Saxo who was so close behind me in the single lane 50-limit roadworks on the M3 that I could only see the roof and aerial of the car.. and that's on a journey with virtually empty roads, it only gets worse with more cars.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 February 2015, 12:44:43 »

Totally agree about appalling driving standards.Yes people lead busy lives but to then risk theirs[and possibly others]is unforgiveable.Do you know in some ways I blame also modern cars,they now have so many safety systems built in-seat belts,airbags,abs,tc etc.-that a lot of people seem to think they are invulnerable and should by some mischance things should go  belly up then the car will save them and as thet now pass some pedestrian safety test or other such tests it will also save the poor unfortunates they inevitably involve in their accident.Again no excuse for the state of driving standards.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 February 2015, 16:18:45 »

Is it that hard to get up 10 mins earlier to avoid having to be a idiot every morning?
Grumpy old man

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 February 2015, 19:29:22 »

Is it that hard to get up 10 mins earlier to avoid having to be a idiot every morning?
my point exactly but even if I was late it wouldn't make me rush or do owt daft cos once your late your late but its the same people everyday I see doing same stupid stuff,theres a lad on a bike and most mornings I see him weaving in and out and one day some other retard is gonna do the same and take him off.is it worth it for the sake of 5 mins earlier on the alarm

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2015, 20:07:17 »

Most of them shouldn't be allowed in civilised society no matter what time they get up.

The Sheriff

« Reply #13 on: 15 February 2015, 21:09:32 »

I take my lad to school every morning and what he said just about sums it up. "Dad, I never want to learn to drive".

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 February 2015, 21:11:02 »

I take my lad to school every morning and what he said just about sums it up. "Dad, I never want to learn to drive a Daewoo".

Good lad!
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.