Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: cheap impact gun  (Read 8155 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: cheap impact gun
« Reply #30 on: 08 June 2015, 19:17:30 »

Here she is...

http://www.makitauk.com/products/cordless-tools/impact-wrenches/all-cordless-impact-wrenches/dtw450z-18v-impact-wrench.html

When looking around for packages inc. batteries look for the 4.0ah ones. Ten mins charging from empty and last forever.

As said yes they are damn expensive. But I was investing. And the batteries you can use on other stuff you may buy in the future (like the impact driver that I'm currently considering )
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 June 2015, 19:21:59 »

Easy for me to say because I don't pay for them (the company does) but Makita now do a 5.0 Ah Li-ion battery.  Cost isn't dramatically more, but certainly with SDS drill and Impact Gun they are a marked improvement.  :y
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 June 2015, 19:32:31 »

Here she is...

http://www.makitauk.com/products/cordless-tools/impact-wrenches/all-cordless-impact-wrenches/dtw450z-18v-impact-wrench.html

When looking around for packages inc. batteries look for the 4.0ah ones. Ten mins charging from empty and last forever.

As said yes they are damn expensive. But I was investing. And the batteries you can use on other stuff you may buy in the future (like the impact driver that I'm currently considering )
I don't think that matches tunnies battery type (ages since I've seen his drill stuff), so probably will end up as unviable.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 June 2015, 19:35:47 »

Here she is...

No variable speed either? Disappointing on a £200 tool :(
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 June 2015, 19:54:23 »

Here she is...

No variable speed either? Disappointing on a £200 tool :(

True. But I don't need that.

There is not one bad thing I can say about it. I've dropped it from height more than 5 times now and still just goes
RIP Paul Lovejoy

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 June 2015, 20:09:07 »

In luck it appears...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-6936FDZ-Cordless-Impact-Driver/dp/B000IF2TX8

Lists PA18, which is what I have  :)
No, that's an Impact Driver, which is something completely different (putting screws in)

Balls. Thought to good to be true.

Webbys one would be out of budget for me

*researches more.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 June 2015, 20:12:19 »

Don't think any of the range fits my batteries, hence going for something else.

My batteries are only 1.3Ah and they struggle as it is with standard drill work.

One in the original link, is temping. Unless others can recommend better for the money, but needs to include battery(s)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 June 2015, 21:08:27 »

Bit late to the party but it appears the one originally posted is near identical to my clarke one

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-372731/clarke-cir220.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw-tSrBRCk8bzDiO__gbwBEiQAk-D31bRJbcSpWcvV37eFIKTPKgAU027J5ajvbDdkbDdv_5YaAiQt8P8HAQ

I was a bit dissapointed with it's power but it has improved after a few cycles of charging, got it on a VAT free day obviously 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 June 2015, 21:15:20 »

Bit late to the party but it appears the one originally posted is near identical to my clarke one

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-372731/clarke-cir220.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw-tSrBRCk8bzDiO__gbwBEiQAk-D31bRJbcSpWcvV37eFIKTPKgAU027J5ajvbDdkbDdv_5YaAiQt8P8HAQ

I was a bit dissapointed with it's power but it has improved after a few cycles of charging, got it on a VAT free day obviously
The Clarke ones massively overstate their torque capabilitys. Mine is supposed to be 450Nm, but not a patch on my 200Nm DeWalt one.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08 June 2015, 21:53:29 »

My hitachi, TB's Clarke and De Walt, all struggle to undo a 110nm omega wheel bolt, unless the battery is absolutely tip top fully charged. Iirc

If the wheel nut is slightly over torqued or hasn't been off for a good while, mine will likely fail to undo. Fairly sure TB's are similar..?

Point being, this one will most likely need the wheel nuts loosening off first.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08 June 2015, 22:11:30 »

My hitachi, TB's Clarke and De Walt, all struggle to undo a 110nm omega wheel bolt, unless the battery is absolutely tip top fully charged. Iirc

If the wheel nut is slightly over torqued or hasn't been off for a good while, mine will likely fail to undo. Fairly sure TB's are similar..?

Point being, this one will most likely need the wheel nuts loosening off first.

My current Ryobi, plus the Sealey and God knows what brand it was cheapy I had before all claim over 200nm, but struggle to do wheelnuts. That's before we get to the 3/8 drive Dewalt I bought and have hardly used because it isn't as useful as it looked.

But this is also true of air impacts, and those also require a decent compressor and appropriate hose and connectors which further blurs any comparison. The standard size 1/2" Mac that the fitter at work bought is seriously impressive, but it was nearly £400!

I find myself considering  the 18v Mac BWP 050 cordless impact, which claims 983Nm but the price is very hard to justify.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08 June 2015, 22:17:22 »

Yes true, my windy also struggles.

,..although if there is to be struggling I'd rather struggle without the faff of a hose and a load of racket from a pump. So no surprise that I haven't used my windy for years.

Hitachagazmagizmo, though, comes out on almost every job. ;D I love it. :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09 June 2015, 10:59:13 »

Here she is...

Sadly the battery wont given such a charging regime  :y

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09 June 2015, 14:55:49 »

Screw fix are doing de Walt cordless 18vli drill for £140 odd. £200 with impact driver (not wrench) if anyone needs it?

Then just buy the impact wrench body to match those batteries. £60/80 maybe.

More money but much smaller body, lighter and more powerful, and more tools available I suspect.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09 June 2015, 18:11:08 »

Here she is...

Sadly the battery wont given such a charging regime  :y

I simply stick it on charge, when it's green light it's done  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.