Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eternal car exhausts,  (Read 2828 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Eternal car exhausts,
« on: 14 July 2021, 20:01:01 »

Are they still the go to for replacement exhaust sections?  I though I'd seen someone mention a drop in quality but may have imagined it  :-\ ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal car exhausts,
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2021, 20:25:38 »

ETS now I think, all the same with P markings on the mid boxes

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2021, 21:43:27 »

Estate or saloon?
Engine code?

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2021, 09:38:37 »

Estate or saloon?
Engine code?

96 2.5 V6 saloon
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2021, 20:11:26 »

Whatsapped you  :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2021, 10:06:50 »

Just an FYI, I ordered an exhaust but it was cancelled due to high delivery costs , they cited Brexit as being the problem  ::) >:(

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2021, 14:46:55 »

Who did you order from?
How much were you looking at?

"P" aka Polmo are trademarks of POLMOstrów, which is a Polish exhaust manufacturer.

It seems that exhausts for Omegas are becoming scarce and the prices are rising.

You could try here for Kit 350 for a 2.5 saloon. This company was selling the Polmo exhausts on ebay UK but stopped post Brexit. However I understand another member managed to buy a kit directly some months ago. Certainly the website implies they will ship to the UK. AIUI import duty is only charged on goods worth more than £135 and import VAT on items more than £39. So you might be liable for VAT on import plus the clearance fee, whatever that is. Lot easier if you buy something already in this country.

I ordered one from auspuffteile via ebay several years ago and the kit arrived from Germany in about 5 days. The product was Polmo and the quality and fit were fine. Way better than Bosal.

One problem is that the exhaust suppliers are now shipping the Omega centre boxes, presumably for other makes as well, with a cut in the downstream pipes to the back box. So each centre box is in two sections joined with a sleeve. This presumably to shorten the shipping package and save some cost and/or storage space. At first sight this doesn't seem to be an issue but in fact it makes it a lot more fiddly to fit as you have to get everything lined up exactly in-situ before you seal and tighten. It's harder to do if you have no ramp or a pit. The Eternal exhausts are now supplied cut. And I suspect the Polmo ones are as well, no matter where they come from.

You can also use a 3.0L saloon exhaust, the difference is the back box has twin tailpipes instead of the bigger single tailpipe on the 2.5L. Kit 351 is for a 3.0 saloon, I believe.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2021, 14:56:31 »

That extra cut is purely for shipping purposes. The actual length varies from courier to courier.
Onanists always think outside the box.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 July 2021, 17:19:12 »

Estate or saloon?
Engine code?

96 2.5 V6 saloon

I went for the 3.0 V6 one as gave me twin tail pipes :D rather than the single tailpipe for the 2.5  :(.  I recall both fit perfectly. :y

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 July 2021, 17:20:26 »

Who did you order from?
How much were you looking at?

"P" aka Polmo are trademarks of POLMOstrów, which is a Polish exhaust manufacturer.

It seems that exhausts for Omegas are becoming scarce and the prices are rising.

You could try here for Kit 350 for a 2.5 saloon. This company was selling the Polmo exhausts on ebay UK but stopped post Brexit. However I understand another member managed to buy a kit directly some months ago. Certainly the website implies they will ship to the UK. AIUI import duty is only charged on goods worth more than £135 and import VAT on items more than £39. So you might be liable for VAT on import plus the clearance fee, whatever that is. Lot easier if you buy something already in this country.

I ordered one from auspuffteile via ebay several years ago and the kit arrived from Germany in about 5 days. The product was Polmo and the quality and fit were fine. Way better than Bosal.

One problem is that the exhaust suppliers are now shipping the Omega centre boxes, presumably for other makes as well, with a cut in the downstream pipes to the back box. So each centre box is in two sections joined with a sleeve. This presumably to shorten the shipping package and save some cost and/or storage space. At first sight this doesn't seem to be an issue but in fact it makes it a lot more fiddly to fit as you have to get everything lined up exactly in-situ before you seal and tighten. It's harder to do if you have no ramp or a pit. The Eternal exhausts are now supplied cut. And I suspect the Polmo ones are as well, no matter where they come from.

You can also use a 3.0L saloon exhaust, the difference is the back box has twin tailpipes instead of the bigger single tailpipe on the 2.5L. Kit 351 is for a 3.0 saloon, I believe.

Oooops, I should have read before I posted  ;D

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 July 2021, 18:12:05 »

cannot imagine ( not realy checked thou ) that omega exhausts are becoming hard to find but if so i will stock up on them as and when i see them like i have for my other cars that have become impossible to find now .cav mk1 and viva hc

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 July 2021, 19:08:01 »

What a pain in the arse, I do believe some bits are getting harder to source and Brexit certainly doesn't appear to have helped . I've ordered a UK supplied one so will report back on fitment  ::)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 July 2021, 09:01:46 »

last time i looked ( last year) there were loads on ebay .thats where i buy virtually everything from anyway so will start stocking up. exhausts on omegas are easy enough to change anyway so not to worried about longevity.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 July 2021, 09:11:58 »

ok .so just looked now.
plenty still available although prices have gone up. will start to check regularly and buy as and when .
cheers for the notice

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 August 2021, 17:41:21 »

I still have 4 complete new eternalcar systems with twin pipe rear in my store and also 1 system for an estate. Collection only from Olney Bucks. 0788102585
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.