Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Engine Management light

(1/4) > >>

Omega Nige:
Hi, I have an issue with the engine management light coming on when I am around town. Plug in my reader and it says O2 sensor out of range bank 2. Reset and if I'm on a journey it doesn't come on again until I'm town driving. Passes the MOT, tried cataclean and O2 cleaner in the fuel but no change. Any ideas?  ???

Doctor Gollum:
It's a factory fitted code on the 3.2. 0420/0430...

Full tank of Shell V Power along with a can of Wynns fuel cleaner. Drive it hard (aim for sub 250 miles). Repeat once every six months.

Or wait until the bulb burns out and forget about it.  ;)

Raeturbo:
I think the Dr is recommending some nice fluids followed by a jolly good booting.

johnnydog:
Lambda sensors have a life span - I recollect 160k km / 100k miles with the recommendation that they are replaced. Many will last longer, but I have had fault codes thrown up for o2 sensors on my 3.2's which have always come back eventually after being cleared.
I have then replaced them with genuine Bosch or GM Vauxhall sensors and the problem (the EML coming on) has been cured.

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Its a built in issue on the later V6 engines. My answer to it is to turn the light off with my code reader just before the MOT and then ignore it the rest of the year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version