Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

EML Light and no fault code

(1/2) > >>

grifter:
This is on my elite, 02 plate, the EML came on, I thought ok the usual 02 sensor light, but upon using simple code reader there is no faults showing. Not the spanner light, the engine light is the one illuminated. I had read on the old forum someone mentioned it was something to do with the cat sensors being on the wrong way. I'e not really had the time yet to fully check this out, wondering if this could be the problem or something else?

Andy H:
p0420/p0430 cat efficiency codes?

What code reader? if it isn't capable of basic code reading then it is going to waste you time & money.

Have a read of the maintenance guide Fuel trim and Cat Efficiency codes explained

grifter:

--- Quote from: Andy H on 21 November 2021, 01:24:02 ---p0420/p0430 cat efficiency codes?

What code reader? if it isn't capable of basic code reading then it is going to waste you time & money.

Have a read of the maintenance guide Fuel trim and Cat Efficiency codes explained

--- End quote ---

It was the torque app, it showed my o2 sensor fault on the other omega, so tried it to see if it brought anything up, i've got that unmentionable software on my laptop so will try that.

Andy H:
I tried Torque but I found it awkward to use & more geared to logging standing 1/4 mile times than diagnostics.

Scanmyopel is my personal favourite. (on an Android phone)

grifter:

--- Quote from: Andy H on 22 November 2021, 09:55:46 ---I tried Torque but I found it awkward to use & more geared to logging standing 1/4 mile times than diagnostics.

Scanmyopel is my personal favourite. (on an Android phone)

--- End quote ---

cool might give that a go if my other laptop software doesn't show anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version