Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: sat nav woe  (Read 2935 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
Re: sat nav woe
« Reply #16 on: 04 January 2022, 16:19:01 »

Will require a new memory card from dealer with latest maps or
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294209961955?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=294209961955&targetid=1278447513107&device=m&mktype=&googleloc=1006886&poi=&campaignid=14727339348&mkgroupid=127909237815&rlsatarget=pla-1278447513107&abcId=9300672&merchantid=6995734&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_c-OBhDFARIsAIFg3ezUJSN_zdF7cSvjxMWETzPpwsKOu9MuN1WpRCGQ7sqw1SR70pogwbcaAtE4EALw_wcB

That wont fix this sadly, as the issue is the base software resetting after short periods of time (probably a memory leak), those are just the map files.  :y
  I first got a quote from a DS Dealer & that was £99 to get a diagnosis then the cost on top to fix any issues. they want it for a day & have offered  me a courtesy car for £10 . but appointment is on the 13th. however Evans Halshaw can fit me in on Friday 7th . £20 for diagnostics then if only an update needed £120.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 January 2022, 09:20:58 »

Easy decision then, shame its a Pendragion group dealer (as they are universally shite)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 January 2022, 10:50:25 »

Easy decision then, shame its a Pendragion group dealer (as they are universally shite)
Yep. Bought a captur for wifey from EH, the sat nav required an upgrade for full postcode entry. They said they couldn't do it because their firewall would not allow their systems to download it. Harratts Renault did it for me and, consequentially, got all future servicing and MOT work.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 January 2022, 11:27:58 »

I swore I would never complain about French electrics again after owning my Alfa 166. Jesus, that was a laugh a minute  ;D

Alfa Romeo make some beautiful looking cars always fancied one, but have always been put off by other owners experiences with them.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 January 2022, 11:28:45 »

Yep. Bought a captur for wifey .....

what did she do to deserve that?  ::) ;) ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 January 2022, 11:53:47 »

Pre reg, Andy. List price £18000, we got it for £12700 with seven miles on it.
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 January 2022, 11:57:07 »

Pre reg, Andy. List price £18000, we got it for £12700 with seven miles on it.
It doesn't matter how much Steve ..... it's a Renault Captur!  ;D ;D Sister in law has a hybrid Captur

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 January 2022, 12:53:41 »

For info, rain and weather has minimal impact on GNSS signals (GPS, Glonass, Baidu, Galileo).

Does the car have a heated screen and/or heat reflective screen screem as this will impact GNSS reception for devices in the car.

When you say the incar nav struggled, was it failing to maintain position or simply could not route the car?
it constantly turned off then after a couple of minutes it came on again showing the DS logo ( as it does on initial start up ) then on to the satnav & asking me if i want to resume navigation - press yes - then continue. Then after a very short time it will go to the DS logo page as if i had just turned the ignition on . and yes it does have heated a screen.  could it just want up dating ??

That sounds more like a systme software stability issue than a navigation fault (the infotainment re-setting mid drive cycle), check the menus and see if there is a reset option, this will lose your personalisation (stored radio stations, phone pairing etc) but, is always the first thing to try. If this does it fix it then it probably needs a software update and this is where you need to play the 'not fit for purpose' card.

The other devices struggling will most likley be down to the heated screen attenuating the GNSS satellite signals.

Agree with Mark on both points above. My daughter had a Peugeot with a heat reflective screen which prevented her Tom Tom from seeing satellites. I plugged an additional aerial in the back of it and placed it on the dash by the black dotted area right in the bottom corner of the screen. It worked fine after that.  :y
The inbuilt system shutting down and rebooting (hence the DS logo appearing) must be a system software issue.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 January 2022, 11:22:31 »

I see a few older Hondas with Satnav are having clock troubles since rolling into 2022, with clocks reseting to 2002.  Though that software glitch smacks of the same signed integer overflow that killed many MS Exchange servers on New Years Day.

My Jag clock is safe from such things, seeing as has no option to automatically sync the time with anything  >:(
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 January 2022, 17:26:40 »

I see a few older Hondas with Satnav are having clock troubles since rolling into 2022, with clocks reseting to 2002.  Though that software glitch smacks of the same signed integer overflow that killed many MS Exchange servers on New Years Day.

My Jag clock is safe from such things, seeing as has no option to automatically sync the time with anything  >:(

.. and if it's anything like mine, can't keep time reliably anyway. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 January 2022, 17:30:10 »

Time is merely a concept invented to enslave human beings.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 January 2022, 18:34:15 »

As a member of a few Shag forums, I'm told there are these big shiny establishments called "dealers" that will set the time for you for a very reasonable £130ph
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 January 2022, 19:30:50 »

As a member of a few Shag forums, I'm told there are these big shiny establishments called "dealers" that will set the time for you for a very reasonable £130ph
Is that per hour for a 12 hour clock or a 24 hour one?
Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 January 2022, 07:37:58 »

In Kevins case it needs a BCM update to address the minute loss issue
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.