Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Matrix hose leak.  (Read 1590 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Matrix hose leak.
« Reply #15 on: 23 March 2022, 12:01:15 »

Thanks for the ideas. Going out to have another go at it now.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 March 2022, 13:13:29 »

found a coolant hose in my stash that was a similar shape and length to the troublesome one.
Fitted it with a jubilee clip at each end and all seems well now. :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 March 2022, 13:40:23 »

Fingers crossed the ship is now water tight :y

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 March 2022, 13:51:48 »

Considered that but the matrix pipe is around 12mm diameter and the rubber pipe without the locking connector is quite a bit bigger.
Its fixed with a clamp at the other end to something the same size, so would need some kind of reducer before it reaches the matrix pipe.

I hacksawed the two plastic quick release clamps off, and then just pushed the rubber hoses onto the heater matrix pipes and secured them in place with jubilee clips. I even swapped them round on occasions to try and flush out the heather matrix by reversing the flow. So it should be possible without reducers.

You replaced a perfectly engineered custom hose fitting with a jubilee clip on an Omega? Don't you know that will make every other Omega hose in the world leak out of sympathy? Or osmosis, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious or other misapplied jargon.

One of the hoses blew off on the M3 at silly o'clock in the morning on my way home from Gatwick. Managed to coast into Fleet services, bodge it back together, re-fill with tap water, and get home. Further investigation revealed the locking fingers had bent and one had broken off. Ordered a new hose, but needed to use the car in the mean time, so hack saw and jubilee clamps whilst that arrived. New hose is still on the shelf in the garage, and the jubilee clip has held for perhaps 5 years :D 

Never had real problems with jubilee clips. Those wretched spring clamps though  >:(

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 March 2022, 14:21:17 »

Considered that but the matrix pipe is around 12mm diameter and the rubber pipe without the locking connector is quite a bit bigger.
Its fixed with a clamp at the other end to something the same size, so would need some kind of reducer before it reaches the matrix pipe.

I hacksawed the two plastic quick release clamps off, and then just pushed the rubber hoses onto the heater matrix pipes and secured them in place with jubilee clips. I even swapped them round on occasions to try and flush out the heather matrix by reversing the flow. So it should be possible without reducers.

You replaced a perfectly engineered custom hose fitting with a jubilee clip on an Omega? Don't you know that will make every other Omega hose in the world leak out of sympathy? Or osmosis, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious or other misapplied jargon.

One of the hoses blew off on the M3 at silly o'clock in the morning on my way home from Gatwick. Managed to coast into Fleet services, bodge it back together, re-fill with tap water, and get home. Further investigation revealed the locking fingers had bent and one had broken off. Ordered a new hose, but needed to use the car in the mean time, so hack saw and jubilee clamps whilst that arrived. New hose is still on the shelf in the garage, and the jubilee clip has held for perhaps 5 years :D 

Never had real problems with jubilee clips. Those wretched spring clamps though >:(

Yes, I agree hence the sarcasm.
I rarely refit spring clamps, and never on my own cars.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.