Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parts Supplier Bookmark!  (Read 804 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Parts Supplier Bookmark!
« on: 16 April 2022, 18:09:12 »

I bought the new caliper for the Mondeo from Ebay, from a company called Advantage Auto Parts for £34.49, which was about half the price of ECP or CP4L!  :y

It seems well made (although time will tell) and was identical to the original that came off.  They offered next day delivery (not to a certain address in Brackley...Obviously!) and indeed it turned up next day.  :)

www.advantageautoparts.co.uk

Worth a bookmark!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Parts Supplier Bookmark!
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2022, 18:33:16 »

I bought the new caliper for the Mondeo from Ebay, from a company called Advantage Auto Parts for £34.49, which was about half the price of ECP or CP4L!  :y

It seems well made (although time will tell) and was identical to the original that came off.  They offered next day delivery (not to a certain address in Brackley...Obviously!) and indeed it turned up next day.  :)

For brake pads? :o :o

Surely the trusty Mondeo comes with cable operated drums all round. 8) 8) 8)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2022, 20:11:28 »

Eh?  ???  No, the brake caliper!  You know the thing with the big piston that you have to press or wind back when you change the brake pads.  ::)

The Titanium X comes with discs all round!  :y

Anyway as I'm sure you are constantly fixing up the old Signum, that company is worth a look for the parts you need!  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2022, 13:09:11 »

Eh?  ???  No, the brake caliper!  You know the thing with the big piston that you have to press or wind back when you change the brake pads.  ::)

Anyway as I'm sure you are constantly fixing up the old Signum, that company is worth a look for the parts you need!  :)

She is still on the original 2007 exhaust. A quick scout around shows the 'zorst' for the mighty 2.8 is pretty thin on the ground.

Some owners seem to be going the custom route.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2022, 13:13:08 »

The Titanium X comes with discs all round:y

Drums all round were fine for a 1963 Anglia weighing around 700 KG. :y

The lethargic Titty X has a similar power output albeit pushing around about three times the weight. ::) ::) ::) :y

« Last Edit: 17 April 2022, 13:15:02 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2022, 14:42:40 »

She is still on the original 2007 exhaust. A quick scout around shows the 'zorst' for the mighty 2.8 is pretty thin on the ground.

Some owners seem to be going the custom route.

Also pretty thin on the metal by now i should imagine M'lud.  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 April 2022, 22:59:42 »

The lethargic Titty X has a similar power output albeit pushing around about three times the weight. ::) ::) ::) :y

Nah my Mondeo has the Transit engine which drags it's lardy arse around quite well!  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2022, 13:14:30 »

Nah my Mondeo has the Transit engine which drags it's lardy arse around quite well!  :y

I  recall driving an ST 220...(3 litre V6 petrol) and being impressed. Presented in a fetching shade of blue that all these cars seem to share. :y

Don't think I've ever driven a Mondeo with a tranny lump though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.