Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capital Punishment  (Read 984 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Capital Punishment
« on: 30 July 2022, 22:30:36 »

I've never believed in capital punishment, but think that life should mean life and murderers should spend the rest of their lives behind bars, preferably in a bare cell with only the walls to look at.

But when little girls are getting casually knifed on the streets of Britain in broad daylight is it time to revisit the issue?  ???

RIP Lilia Valutyte  :'(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Capital Punishment
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2022, 00:09:05 »

Yes it would save us a fortune too. People who do crimes such as that should be given to the parents who would ensure a nice passing. Would be a good deterrent too.
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2022, 06:29:53 »

Im a firm believer in capital punishment for the most serious of crimes. Its never going to happen though.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2022, 07:55:49 »

Unfortunately it is very doubtful if the death penalty will ever return, personally I believe it should but too many educated idiots think that they can work with & cure these evil bastards.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2022, 08:42:41 »

Unfortunately it is very doubtful if the death penalty will ever return, personally I believe it should but too many educated idiots think that they can work with & cure these evil bastards.

This is the problem. Too much emphasis on "rehabilitation" of the poor, misguided perpetrator and we forget that they're getting put away primarily to keep them off the streets and protect the public. We're forgetting who the victim is, as usual.

The problem with capital punishment is that, if you make one wrongful conviction, you have failed in a terrible way. I'm all for murderers never seeing the light of day again, though. With that understood, we can forget about rehabilitation and focus on making the rest of their days as miserable as possible.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2022, 08:53:10 »

Yes it would save us a fortune too. People who do crimes such as that should be given to the parents who would ensure a nice passing. Would be a good deterrent too.

Would that be like Sharia Law ?

Maybe there ought to be a two tier prison system with a special place for evil twisted folk on life sentences. No TV, mobile phones just books like an adventourous choose your own path novella and Finnegans wake.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 July 2022, 09:15:49 »

This is the problem. Too much emphasis on "rehabilitation" of the poor, misguided perpetrator and we forget that they're getting put away primarily to keep them off the streets and protect the public. We're forgetting who the victim is, as usual.

The problem with capital punishment is that, if you make one wrongful conviction, you have failed in a terrible way. I'm all for murderers never seeing the light of day again, though. With that understood, we can forget about rehabilitation and focus on making the rest of their days as miserable as possible.

Believe me I've seen it up close, the psychologists on mega bucks talking to the most evil men ever to have existed, they think they are getting through to the scum & once their " session" has finished & they've left the unit the prisoner describe in detail what they would like to do to them, regardless if they're male or female believe me these creatures are really beyond " help". If the families of the victims could see what prisoners receive & have access too they would be completely disgusted.
« Last Edit: 31 July 2022, 09:18:12 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 July 2022, 09:52:44 »

Would that be like Sharia Law ?

Maybe there ought to be a two tier prison system with a special place for evil twisted folk on life sentences. No TV, mobile phones just books like an adventourous choose your own path novella and Finnegans wake.
               Could be, there is some good in everything. As for keeping the worse offenders alive to read what’s the point in that? simply get rid of them.
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 July 2022, 12:28:52 »

Two social workers are walking down a street. They come across a man lying in a pool of his own blood who has obviously had a terrible beating.
They say to each other "We must find the person who did this.......................and help them".  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 July 2022, 12:48:35 »

I've never believed in capital punishment, but think that life should mean life and murderers should spend the rest of their lives behind bars, preferably in a bare cell with only the walls to look at.

But when little girls are getting casually knifed on the streets of Britain in broad daylight is it time to revisit the issue?  ???

The BBC ran this story after......the contaminated blood problem, and the cost of living crisis.

The main story (that lasted about 10 minutes) was the 'handbags at dawn' arguments between a couple of WAGS with a combined I.Q of less than 60. OFFS.... :(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 July 2022, 13:07:59 »

The BBC ran this story after......the contaminated blood problem, and the cost of living crisis.

The main story (that lasted about 10 minutes) was the 'handbags at dawn' arguments between a couple of WAGS with a combined I.Q of less than 60. OFFS.... :(

Yes the BBC continues to shine.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 July 2022, 18:15:58 »

I believe scum should meet a bullet. Its in my manifesto
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 July 2022, 20:05:09 »

Lithuanian national Deividas Skebas, 22, has been charged with Lilia Valutyte's murder.

The Daily Mail have reported that he was visiting from Lithuania and doesn't live in Boston, or anywhere else in the UK.

It seems that there's more to this story than meets the eye and more will come out in due course, but hopefully the police have caught the right man.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 August 2022, 22:51:01 »

Net zero execution.....  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 August 2022, 13:02:03 »

Net zero execution.....  ::)

That is witty. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.