Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The EU vote for economic meltdown  (Read 4203 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: The EU vote for economic meltdown
« Reply #15 on: 16 February 2023, 17:16:11 »

I might move to Brazil where they run cars on ethanol made from sugar cane and I won't have to worry about heating the house in wintertime.  :)

The girls are very sexy as well!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 February 2023, 17:22:15 »

Makes you wonder if it's worth keeping an eye out for a decent old diesel that can run on veggie oil.  :-\

Something like this for example.  :)
Not much leg room behind the passenger seat there,. Would be ok for a double amputee i suppose.  >:D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 February 2023, 17:26:03 »

Makes you wonder if it's worth keeping an eye out for a decent old diesel that can run on veggie oil.  :-\

Something like this for example.  :)
Not much leg room behind the passenger seat there,. Would be ok for a double amputee i suppose.  >:D
people rarely sit in the cheap seats in cars
most cars transport just the driver  :P
because public transport is ... :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 February 2023, 17:26:13 »

I might move to Brazil where they run cars on ethanol made from sugar cane and I won't have to worry about heating the house in wintertime.  :)

The girls are very sexy as well:y

Be wary of the girls who can pull a length through their legs and tie it off. ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 February 2023, 17:37:55 »

Synthetic petrol is already a thing. No fossils involved, and iirc emissions are negligible. Of course its expensive at the moment, but mass production and usage could soon slash the price.
It isnt wanted though because it doesnt fit the global(ist) political agenda, and the climate change zealots have created a whole new sector of the economy that allows people to make huge fortunes out of the biggest con trick since religion was thought of.
As for veggie oil. Retail price is irrelevant. Restaurants will happily give it to you to get rid of it, then you just need to filter it and tip it into your Merc w201 190D. At least that was the situation when I gave up running on vegoil four years ago.
Preferrably not the w202 D in the link though, as the engine is different enough to require mods to run on it.
The one issue is that the price of w201 190D,s went through the roof just after I got rid of mine - obviously.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 February 2023, 18:08:39 »

As long as my Vectra lasts me out, i don't give a shit. ;D I set a very low bar.  :D

Seems the most likely scenario. :)
If he can keep it out of car parks...
Onanists always think outside the box.

mattbearman

• Devon
    • Omega 2.6 estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 February 2023, 18:21:34 »

This only applies to new cars, there’ll still be plenty of ICE cars on the road long after 2035. I’ve been a petrol head all my life, but I say bring it on - times are changing, zero emissions cars of some form are the future. I’ll still have my Omega, MR2 and motorbikes for fun (and no doubt some other ICE vehicles by then), but planning on an electric for my next daily

My biggest concern would be fuel prices getting even crazier than they already are as demand drops, but I’m optimistic synthetic fuels will be cheaper than real fuel by then

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 February 2023, 18:40:02 »

As long as my Vectra lasts me out, i don't give a shit. ;D I set a very low bar.  :D

Seems the most likely scenario. :)
If he can keep it out of car parks...
;D ;D :y:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 February 2023, 18:46:35 »

This only applies to new cars, there’ll still be plenty of ICE cars on the road long after 2035. I’ve been a petrol head all my life, but I say bring it on - times are changing, zero emissions cars of some form are the future. I’ll still have my Omega, MR2 and motorbikes for fun (and no doubt some other ICE vehicles by then), but planning on an electric for my next daily

My biggest concern would be fuel prices getting even crazier than they already are as demand drops, but I’m optimistic synthetic fuels will be cheaper than real fuel by then
Zero emissions is an unattainable pipe dream.

Just because YOU can't see the pollution as you drive your EV does not mean that someone else can't.

And, in case it's news to those who believe the peddled BS, The planet only has one atmosphere. So the less pollution we make, the more someone else will, (if not more because they will then have to ship all the things they produce around the globe to get here... And you can be assured that won't be zero emissions either).

And if you want to say   "Ah yes, what about renewable?" Trees are renewable. They get planted, chopped down, processed and burnt to produce electricity.

What we actually need is to be more efficient in our usage. Producing new cars out of expensive, rare materials is the exact opposite of efficient.

Keeping what you have and running it for as long as possible and replacing it with something used should you need to. And produce spares from recycled materials rather than new.

That's how you be efficient and save the planet.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 February 2023, 19:08:16 »

^ yes and it’s so blatantly obvious but that’s not going to fill corrupt bastards pockets so that’s fkd^
Laying a rubber road.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 February 2023, 19:14:42 »

Just because YOU can't see the pollution as you drive your EV does not mean that someone else can't.

And, in case it's news to those who believe the peddled BS, The planet only has one atmosphere. So the less pollution we make, the more someone else will, (if not more because they will then have to ship all the things they produce around the globe to get here... And you can be assured that won't be zero emissions either).

And if you want to say   "Ah yes, what about renewable?" Trees are renewable. They get planted, chopped down, processed and burnt to produce electricity.

What we actually need is to be more efficient in our usage. Producing new cars out of expensive, rare materials is the exact opposite of efficient.

Keeping what you have and running it for as long as possible and replacing it with something used should you need to. And produce spares from recycled materials rather than new.

Oh FFS   ::)
I'm going to have to agree  :o with something DG posted  :D

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 February 2023, 19:25:47 »

Well I am doing my bit recycling my 1951 Austin with Omega running gear ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 February 2023, 19:27:06 »

^ yes and it’s so blatantly obvious but that’s not going to fill corrupt bastards pockets so that’s fkd^
It’s not my fault that they have zero imagination  ::)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 February 2023, 20:02:50 »

I have said right from the start that it's an unobtainable pipe dream,and simply a way to cash in on the motorists again common sense tells me that it won't work, this planet is fc uked and is past the point of no return so enjoy your big engines be they petrol or diesel, forget all the nonsense spouted because nothing & nobody lasts forever.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

mattbearman

• Devon
    • Omega 2.6 estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 February 2023, 21:26:53 »

In this context zero emissions refers only to exhaust emissions. It is of course true there will still be environmental impact from EV manufacturing, just like there is in ICE vehicle manufacturing. And EVs actually generate more CO2 in manufacturing than ICE vehicles do. BUT when the entire vehicle lifespan is studied, EVs come out on top:

Vehicle ‘lifecycle analyses’ – taking account of all the emissions from the mining of ores, the manufacture of vehicles and batteries, and the in-use energy consumption of petrol, diesel or electricity – show large overall CO2 savings for EVs compared to conventional vehicles.
source: https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/electric-cars/choosing/are-electric-cars-really-better-for-the-environment

This I 100% agree with, it's Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - in that order :)

Also, electric cars are fun, they're like giant versions of the radio controlled cars I played with as a kid, right down to the noise they make
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.