Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The EU vote for economic meltdown  (Read 4245 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: The EU vote for economic meltdown
« Reply #30 on: 16 February 2023, 22:06:58 »

Do YOU generate ALL the "green" electricity to power your EV ?   :D
you do know that when the batteries fail in a few years  >:D  you won't be able to go to the pound shop and replace them with a pack of "Kodak" AAAs  :-\
EVs don't have exhausts , but do create pollution while driving  ;)
you need to look at the actual carbon footprint of an EV ,compared to an ICE car.
you have clearly swallowed a load of marketing hype and washed it down with lies
I think you need to do a little more research  ::)
or remain deluded , your choice  :)

mattbearman

• Devon
    • Omega 2.6 estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 February 2023, 07:05:37 »

If you read my post and linked article and study you’d see I am talking the actual carbon footprint of an EV. It’s lower than that of an ICE vehicle.

Feel free to rebut that, but please post something with sources and data to back it up rather then just your feelings

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 February 2023, 13:08:31 »

I’m still wondering where all the lecky is going to come from, we can’t even guarantee no power cuts in the winter.
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 February 2023, 13:22:33 »

I’m still wondering where all the lecky is going to come from, we can’t even guarantee no power cuts in the winter.

As I've already said it's a complete & utter pipedream.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 February 2023, 13:23:10 »

If you read my post and linked article and study you’d see I am talking the actual carbon footprint of an EV. It’s lower than that of an ICE vehicle.

Feel free to rebut that, but please post something with sources and data to back it up rather then just your feelings
Facts are like statistics. They can be interpreted to suit any argument. Opinion however is unique and personal, start telling people how to think, and what opinion they should have, you can rest assured that it won't end well.

In short, that article is written in conjuction with a party whose interests are primarily commercially reliant on renewables.

That out of the way, there's a discreet use of 'if' particularly in regard to what China could do. Which clearly they won't. We're way past boycotting Chinese products unless they are ethically produced... It's never stopped consumption before, and it won't now. But unless they stop doing all the things that we're outlawing, there's no point because we all share the same atmosphere and the various meteorological currents will spread their smog here just as quickly as Amazon.

Fossil fuels can largely be replaced by renewable alternatives grown from crops, not the case with battery technology.

Electricity comes from somewhere, so again, whilst an EV doesn't directly pollute at a local level, the impact is elsewhere.

Recyled clothes may well be recycled, but they're still assembled in sweat shops in some of the poorest places on the planet, by some of the poorest people. Consider that as you feel good about doing your bit.

People don't give a shit about how things are as long as they don't have to be inconvenienced by the reality of how that happens.

The most honest thing to do is to acknowledge that and do what works for you rather than pretending to care just so the liberal leftists can feel better about themselves

To (mis) quote Baz Luhrmann,
"Don't waste your time on jealousy
Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind
The race is long and in the end, it's only with yourself"
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 February 2023, 16:58:57 »

Ice vehicles run on petrol ,LPG and diesel (and there is a plentiful supply at this moment in time, with supply chains and infrastructure already in place)   ,and modern Vehicles are very efficient at converting the chemical energy into movement ,with relatively LOW emissions.
Scrapping perfectly good ICE vehicles to replace them with flawed EVs is very polluting, Globally !
People who think they are "saving the planet, being green " by currently buying and using EVs , are only 50% correct , they are "green" in the sense they are unwise to the reality  :P
With everything going on in the world at this moment in time ,the UK are not anywhere near "ready" to entertain swapping from proven technology of ICE vehicles with infrastructure already in place ,to 1960s milk float technology  >:D

The UK can't meet electricity generation requirements for homes and industry(not that there's much of that left in the UK) without importing Biomass and coal (from thousands of miles away ) also importing gas and electricity ,solar panels and tech  from China etc   ,none of which is very "green" ,let alone provide electricity for EVs .

So to entertain scrapping ICE transport to use EVs is madness at this current time  >:(

The national grid is not ready to provide power for EVs (and when it is lots of energy will be wasted due to distribution losses),
Charging infrastructure is not ready, well behind unrealistic targets set by greedy politicians (lining their own pockets) ,
The road network is not ready (because EVs are heavier and rip up the roads which are already in a very poor state of repair) ,
The UK (as a supposedly civilised society) should NOT be ignoring the human rights violations, child labour etc going on in the world ,to provide raw materials (all of which need very polluting processing and transport) and imported parts and tech for EVs , 

Stupidly trying (because it's already failed on so many levels) to swap to EVs at this time, is costing everyday working folk a fortune in increased energy costs . clean air zone fees, increased cost of food, supplies etc  , many of which can't afford it ,some rely on Government handouts, food banks etc ,so politicians ,who will be retired on a big fat pension and all the money they have extorted from working folk by the time any positive environmental impact in the UK is felt .

I say UK , because the likes of China will just ramp up pollution to supply " a green pipedream" to the stupid countries like the UK  :-X

I've barely scratched the surface of the argument to delay EV roll out  ::)

As for "Links and statistics" I've already researched and read many arguments for and against the madness of premature EV roll out in the UK ::) as have many OOF members ,there's quite a few intelligent members on OOF  :) NOT all  :P so I won't bother ,use the internet  :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 February 2023, 17:21:33 »

Makes you wonder if it's worth keeping an eye out for a decent old diesel that can run on veggie oil.  :-\

Something like this for example.  :)

50,000 miles, my arse. More like 500,000 in the hands of an Asian taxi driver. ;D

For sale in Manchester..... ::) ::) ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17 February 2023, 17:40:27 »

Makes you wonder if it's worth keeping an eye out for a decent old diesel that can run on veggie oil.  :-\

Something like this for example.  :)

50,000 miles, my arse. More like 500,000 in the hands of an Asian taxi driver. ;D

For sale in Manchester..... ::) ::) ::)
No MOT from September 2016 till July 2022. It had done 55,594 miles in 2016.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 February 2023, 18:29:04 »

It’s all 'dangle berries' and everybody knows it….  But there’s easy money to be made
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 February 2023, 18:36:22 »

White derv Merc in poverty trim located in Manchester...deffo a taxi.

Been to the moon and back that one. :D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 February 2023, 18:42:57 »

How the hell are are the people who live in blocks of flats going to charge their EV,s ?
Similar story for the millions of people who only have parking on the road outside their homes - if they are lucky.
There will eventually be charging stations, but they need to make a profit so it wont be that cheap, if you can find one when you need one, and can then access one of the charging points for as long as you need to.
It isnt possible to have the required infrastructure for several decades at least.
A pipedream indeed. Unless the plan is actually to force most people away from private vehicle ownership - which is entirely possible.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17 February 2023, 19:14:27 »

How the hell are are the people who live in blocks of flats going to charge their EV,s ?
Similar story for the millions of people who only have parking on the road outside their homes - if they are lucky.
There will eventually be charging stations, but they need to make a profit so it wont be that cheap, if you can find one when you need one, and can then access one of the charging points for as long as you need to.
It isnt possible to have the required infrastructure for several decades at least.
A pipedream indeed. Unless the plan is actually to force most people away from private vehicle ownership - which is entirely possible.
Got it in one.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17 February 2023, 19:15:12 »

How are folk supposed to get to work without private vehicle ownership?
The silent majority need to start acting on this shit, possibly by just sitting at home when the time comes and applying for benefits.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17 February 2023, 19:16:23 »

Great fire of London II sounds good to me.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 17 February 2023, 19:20:38 »

I think the biggest laugh from Mr Khan is his scrappage scheme I believe it's £2,000 " help" to purchase an EV that won't even be enough to buy a light cluster as TB will probably agree. Remember the London riots not so long ago, I don't think we've seen anything yet August 2023 bring it on , read today that if a non payment of the £12.50 is issued to a motorist the penalty is £180  all seems very fair to me..😂
« Last Edit: 17 February 2023, 19:25:31 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.