Author Topic: Nazi.  (Read 3194 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Nazi.
« Reply #45 on: 10 March 2023, 19:57:06 »

Sport, in general, and football, in particular, is completely out of hand, Mick. The money, the egos, everything about it is way off the scale.
I cancelled Sky Sports two weeks ago, after I read a news report that Jack Grealish, a Manchester City player, had signed a contract to wear Puma football boots for the next twelve months. The payment for this? Ten million pounds  :o My missus will have spent about 45 years in education before she retires, making a difference for thousands of children. She will earn nothing like that over her entire working life.
Losing my £400 odd pounds a year won't make any difference, but it makes me feel better.

What has Sky Sports got to do with a £10 million contract between Puma and Jack Grealish?  ???

Aren't you punishing the wrong company?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 March 2023, 20:01:07 »

Any one of my Grandsons would make a better job of it than those arrogant bastards.
Sport, in general, and football, in particular, is completely out of hand, Mick. The money, the egos, everything about it is way off the scale.
I cancelled Sky Sports two weeks ago, after I read a news report that Jack Grealish, a Manchester City player, had signed a contract to wear Puma football boots for the next twelve months. The payment for this? Ten million pounds  :o My missus will have spent about 45 years in education before she retires, making a difference for thousands of children. She will earn nothing like that over her entire working life.
Losing my £400 odd pounds a year won't make any difference, but it makes me feel better.

I know exactly how you feel Steve, when you read about these ridiculous sums of money paid to  people who simply kick a ball about, it could be put to much better use but unfortunately that's the way of the world now sadly.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 March 2023, 20:03:55 »

What has Sky Sports got to do with a £10 million contract between Puma and Jack Grealish?  ???

Aren't you punishing the wrong company?  ::)
It's got everything to do with it. Sky sports pays the premiership millions (billions?) to show football on telly. That money, along with gate receipts, merchandising and sponsorship pays the wages of everyone from managers to groundskeepers. The level of wages is directly related to the level of sponsorship deals, Puma wouldn't offer £10 million to a player who was on 5 grand a week. They know the figure has to be enough to outbid everyone else, and enough for a player on a multi million pound wages contract to accept it.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10 March 2023, 20:09:25 »

That was only the straw that broke the camels back, I've been pissed off with the way the game is run for a while now. From the criminal behaviour of Sepp Blatter and his ilk, right down to the sulky behaviour of so called stars who can't get their own way.
I see Barca could be in the shit again, but will they be punished?
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10 March 2023, 20:53:39 »

I take your point that football is completely corrupt from FIFA down and that Sky Sports are part of that with the huge amounts that they and other broadcasters spray around to secure the rights, but it's a tenuous link between them and Puma/Jack Grealish.  :-\

If you'd have said Right that's it I'm never buying a pair of Puma boots again! .....  ;D

I guess though, if you're paying a subscription to Sky Sports/BT Sport/Virgin Media etc you are part of the problem, so well done!  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10 March 2023, 21:56:59 »

Meanwhile, Kyle Walker is being investigate for waving his dick around in a bar full of Women.
If they arrest him, the current equivalent of Rumpole of the Bailey will be hired, at great expense,  to get him off.
Tbh, Sport is dead. Killed by money.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10 March 2023, 22:41:38 »

And corrupt greedy lazy work shy sissy’s
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 March 2023, 11:19:08 »

Just to let everyone know that I won't be watching MOTD not as a sign of solidarity though, simply because I never have & find the whole football circus a complete load of shite.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11 March 2023, 11:31:24 »

I might watch MOTD just to see what they do tonight.  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11 March 2023, 12:32:25 »

It might be less tedious than usual  :D

Certainly, it would be funny as fook watching Google Box next week if the MOTD ratings went Up without any presenters ;D
« Last Edit: 11 March 2023, 12:33:58 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11 March 2023, 12:41:25 »

Certainly, it would be funny as fook watching Google Box next week if the MOTD ratings went Up without any presenters ;D

I'm looking forward to watching some paint dry later, so I'm out.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 11 March 2023, 13:17:32 »

I'm looking forward to watching some paint dry later, so I'm out.
;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 11 March 2023, 13:59:05 »

Me too, can’t stand the overpaid overhyped fairies
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 11 March 2023, 14:22:31 »

Far too much waffle and not enough action and don't get me started about the manchild that is Micah Richards.  ::)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 11 March 2023, 16:59:24 »

Tbh, Sport is dead. Killed by money.

I agree totally.

I'm sure a lot of you don't like cricket, but I was brought up loving the game (my dad was a keen cricketer). However, the moment Sky took over the Test rights and the BBC no longer showed it, my interest drained. I used to even follow the county game with some great matches on the BBC on Sunday afternoons. When I was a lad, we played on the greens with a chalked wicket on a wall. Now, few kids are interested. Money killed it, IMHO. :'( 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.