Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: When the agenda shoots itself in the head...  (Read 1860 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: When the agenda shoots itself in the head...
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2023, 14:19:50 »

Ha ha talk about taken out of context...  ;D  I wonder what he went on to say...  ::)   

I really don't get the American right and people like Carlson who would look the other way and let Putin take Ukraine.  ::)

It's a once in a generation opportunity to seriously degrade Russia's military capability and someone else is dying and doing the dirty work.  :(  America for all the billions of cash and kit that people like Carlson complain about, have given about 5% of their military budget and are just drip feeding enough to keep the Ukrainian's in the game.  Why does it take 6 months to get 30 obsolete Abrams tanks out of storage and over to Ukraine for example?  Why did they drag their feet over the F16's? ???  Same goes for the Germans and the Leopard tanks.  ::)

If Russia prevails in Ukraine now, in a decade they will be looking at invading Poland or the Baltics which will entail a massive military effort from NATO including American boots on the ground. THAT will really give Tucker Carlson something to whinge about...  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2023, 15:08:45 »

Go to down town Seattle, Denver or San Francisco (to name but three) and then ask yourself if Tucker might have a point ;)

It's all well and good sticking it to the Ruskies, but a turf war in eastern Euroland doesn't, and possibly shouldn't, matter to people who have to endure people injecting themselves to death* outside their front doors.

*There is a solution for that, but it isn't exactly populist  :-X

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2023, 16:05:41 »

Two entirely separate issues, and it shouldn't either or.  ;)  Anyway, I'm sure the worlds superpower can borrow or print a few more greenbacks to cover all it's bases.  :y

One thing I am sure of though if the Western world doesn't use this opportunity to put Putin back in his box, we will all be a helluva lot worse off down the track.  :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2023, 16:49:35 »

Ha ha talk about taken out of context...  ;D  I wonder what he went on to say...  ::)   

I really don't get the American right and people like Carlson who would look the other way and let Putin take Ukraine.  ::)

It's a once in a generation opportunity to seriously degrade Russia's military capability and someone else is dying and doing the dirty work.  :(  America for all the billions of cash and kit that people like Carlson complain about, have given about 5% of their military budget and are just drip feeding enough to keep the Ukrainian's in the game.  Why does it take 6 months to get 30 obsolete Abrams tanks out of storage and over to Ukraine for example?  Why did they drag their feet over the F16's? ???  Same goes for the Germans and the Leopard tanks.  ::)

If Russia prevails in Ukraine now, in a decade they will be looking at invading Poland or the Baltics which will entail a massive military effort from NATO including American boots on the ground. THAT will really give Tucker Carlson something to whinge about...  ::)

Even 30 years from now I doubt we will have the answer.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2023, 17:51:39 »

If Russia prevails in Ukraine now, in a decade they will be looking at invading Poland or the Baltics

I very much doubt Russia would want to invade Poland or the Baltics, unless they decided to up the ante and openly threaten Russia.

Remember, the US has 900 overseas military bases. Russia has 1 (in Syria).

Regarding Ukraine: "The background was that President Putin declared in the autumn of 2021, and actually sent a draft treaty that they wanted NATO to sign, to promise no more NATO enlargement. That was what he sent us. And was a pre-condition for not invade Ukraine. Of course we didn’t sign that."
– Jens Stoltenberg, NATO Secretary General, 11 September 2023.

Now, imagine if a country decided to put missiles in Cuba...oh, wait.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2023, 19:24:36 »

If Russia prevails in Ukraine now, in a decade they will be looking at invading Poland or the Baltics
I very much doubt Russia would want to invade Poland or the Baltics, unless they decided to up the ante and openly threaten Russia.

Remember, the US has 900 overseas military bases. Russia has 1 (in Syria).

Regarding Ukraine: "The background was that President Putin declared in the autumn of 2021, and actually sent a draft treaty that they wanted NATO to sign, to promise no more NATO enlargement. That was what he sent us. And was a pre-condition for not invade Ukraine. Of course we didn’t sign that."
– Jens Stoltenberg, NATO Secretary General, 11 September 2023.

Now, imagine if a country decided to put missiles in Cuba...oh, wait.

Did Ukraine openly threaten Ruzzia then? I must have missed that!  When was that 2014? or more recently?  ???  What about Georgia in 2008? Did they openly threaten Ruzzia?  ???  ::)

NATO's response to Putin's demands should have been Opps off, you don't tell us who joins us or not!, which of course may well have been the communique through the back channels and as to his treaties, most sensible people know that they wouldn't be worth the paper they are written on!  ::)  I wonder if we would be where we are now if Ukraine had joined NATO years ago?  I wonder what might be happening in the Baltics if Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia had never joined NATO?  :-\

Not sure what the relevance of the US bases is either, but a quick search shows that Russia has military bases in Armenia, Azerbaijan (Artsakh), Belarus, Georgia (Abkhazia & South Ossetia), Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova (Transnistria), Syria, Tajikistan, and of course Ukraine. The Sevastopol naval base in Crimea probably being the most well known in Ukraine's occupied territories, but apparently Russia has at least 18 bases in Crimea alone.

Then there's Russia's activities in Africa via the Wagner Group and apparently Russia has plans to build military bases in Central African Republic, Egypt, Eritrea, Madagascar, Mozambique and Sudan.

Wiki Linky

Even your Cuba point is daft. Russia has form for invading it's neighbours (going back centuries), which is why they all joined or want to join NATO. Finland and Sweden of course being the latest to join, so by his own stupidity Putin has more NATO on his doorstep than he has ever had!  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 September 2023, 20:26:47 »

Dont worry about Poland . By end of next year it will have the biggest army in Europe.

North Korea may be upping the anti right now.

We have lived in the very best times. Crap for anyone with children. West on the decline and China and India on the up with Russia waiting in the wings while the West endlessly prevaricates
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 September 2023, 20:46:38 »

Yep we should have ignored Putin, he’s a sly fox and a liar don’t forget that. We should have encouraged more countries earlier to join NATO, F@hk Putin he’s a loser. Stand up for yourself it’s the only thing this prick will consider.
Laying a rubber road.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 September 2023, 22:10:09 »

Did Ukraine openly threaten Ruzzia then? I must have missed that!  When was that 2014? or more recently?

Following the US Maidan coup in 2014, the Ukraine government stepped-up the bombing of the Russian-speaking civilians in the Donbass and received NATO weaponry and training. Between 2014 and 2021, 14500 were killed in the Donbass..

Russia has form for invading it's neighbours (going back centuries).

No. That was the Soviet Union. Modern-day Russia is entirely different and, aside from the Georgian issue, has not invaded any countries (in contrast to the US). Indeed, were you aware that Russia actually proposed joining NATO? However, that was rejected.

NATO expansion has always been an issue. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, leader Mikhail Gorbachev was given a host of assurances that the NATO alliance would not expand past what was then the East German border in 1990 according to new declassified documents (see video below).

Given the Russophobic rhetoric pushed by Western governments and the media, it is unsurprising that others share your view. However, having lost 27million fighting the Nazis in WW2 and witnessing the slaughter of Donbass people by the Azov and others, military intervention by Moscow was, in my view, inevitable.

At the start of the war, I was hopeful that sanity would prevail and Russia and the West would come to a deal respecting Russia's security concerns in order that we could all go back to peace again. Indeed, the Budapest meeting in 2021 led to an agreement between Kiev and Moscow. It was about to be signed when a certain politician with the initials BJ flew to Kiev and told Zelensky not to sign. I feel deeply sad that, since then, the Ukrainians have pointlessly sacrificed 450,000 dead.

I am actually of the belief that this war was deliberately provoked by those who have a globalist view of the future and see Russia and China (and now, with BRICs+, many others) as being obstacles that need removing. US hegemony is withering and perhaps that's not a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0Ta09_98g&t=759s   

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 September 2023, 22:15:59 »

Hey Migalot. Don't forget Stalin was responsible for the death of around 20 million people. Might have been a million more or a million less.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 September 2023, 22:54:06 »

Hey Migalot. Don't forget Stalin was responsible for the death of around 20 million people. Might have been a million more or a million less.

That was Stalin. He was a brutal dictator, but there's absolutely no relevance to today's Russia.

One of my main reasons for opposing the Kiev regime is its connections to Nazis. They glorify Stepan Bandera, who was a Nazi thug of the worst order.

Both of my parents served in the Royal Air Force during World War Two and they would be horrified to see us training men with Nazi tattoos and wearing emblems of the Waffen SS on their fatigues.       

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 September 2023, 09:02:11 »

Thank goodness the Russians havent got a brutal dictator in charge now. Someone who pals out with the brutal dictator from North Korea. ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2023, 13:55:57 »

Thank goodness the Russians havent got a brutal dictator in charge now. Someone who pals out with the brutal dictator from North Korea. ;D
It's actually quite sensible to maintain some sort of diplomatic relationship with ones adversaries.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 September 2023, 15:06:55 »

It's actually quite sensible to maintain some sort of diplomatic relationship with ones adversaries.
One's adversaries?  ;D ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.