Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Temu  (Read 2868 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Temu
« Reply #15 on: 17 October 2023, 13:45:38 »

I had a look a couple of months ago and ordered four watches for £15 (money I was willing to lose) just to see what happened. The watches arrived about ten days later and, although they worked ok, they looked and felt like something out of a lucky bag  ;D
The leather straps were cheap plastic, the side buttons were just for show (the stop watch dials, etc, were just painted on to the watch face) and they weighed about nothing.
They're in a drawer somewhere.

Get yourself a fake Rolex Steve, I bought one in New York in 1999 & it's still going strong cost me 30 dollars.
I got a couple of Maurice Lacroix watches from price drop tv a bout ten years ago, Mick. Got them dirt cheap and had a jewellers check they were genuine. But I just don't wear a dress watch any more. I wear my Apple Watch which nags me to move all the time and I can read texts/answer calls on it.

I like my watches too Steve, got a varied collection the best being two Longines which I wear the most and one Tag Heuer being the most expensive cost a couple of grand around 15 years ago, looking back should have bought a Rolex instead would have been a much better investment.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2023, 13:47:49 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 October 2023, 14:23:05 »

Havent heard of it, but it sounds like yet another means for the Chinese to sell poor quality tat to bargain hungry westerners, who dont realise they are giving them the money to take over the world.
Yes, Albs, the yellow peril is coming for you  ;D
He isn't wrong though.

And to Skruntie... no wonder you keep having computer issues and spam attacks if you sign up to such companies. They obviously make zero money from the tat they peddle.

Think i might start a new thread

"Have a go at Skuntie"
::) ;D ;D
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 October 2023, 14:27:57 »

Anyone tried it out?  ???

Any good?  :-\
Very variable.  Accept that what you get is low end chinky shite, and often falsely advertised, and make your decisions based on that.  So depends what you are buying, as sometimes cheap chinky shite is just the ticket.  But an Apple iPad at £250 will be a piece of £250 Android tat.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 October 2023, 15:59:34 »

Totally agree, I have stocked up with screws, brackets and various fittings, bought a few tools and gadgets, all added togetherI am happy with what I have bought.

Shame thing, same quality on Amazon/Ebay is 3 to 4 times the price especially things like USB cables.

I Cant complain. ::)

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 October 2023, 17:20:29 »

Just be careful if buying after market chargers for various devices, as there has been a spate of fires when charging things like e-scooters and bikes.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 October 2023, 18:16:49 »

Just be careful if buying after market chargers for various devices, as there has been a spate of fires when charging things like e-scooters and bikes.

I had one for a Samsung Mobile (few years ago now), advert looked genuine, even the charger markings were genuine (Lookalike)  one night, there was a bang  and the charger was FUBAR (Fortuneately no fire)  Never use after market again,  (But it is hard to tel the difference at times

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 October 2023, 15:25:57 »

I ordered 2 pairs of fake Crocs (£8 each) and 4 digital thermometers (£1.78 each) from Temu on 19th October and my parcel arrived on 24th October.  :y

The Crocs are fine and good value, although Lidl recently had them in the middle for about the same price.

The thermometers are smaller than I thought but all work, although they are all displaying different temperatures!  ;D  Maybe they will settle down but at the moment they are reading 13.9, 14.2, 15.0, 15.6.  We'll see.... ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 October 2023, 15:36:13 »

They are good at hideing information, with all the pictures I think we all tend to look at the irem rather than read all the bumf about it.

Keep an eye on the price reductions, I have often got a refund or 3 as the item drops

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 October 2023, 09:35:05 »

I have bought a few things from them,
often half price or more, what it would be elsewhere,.

they pester you with texts and emails everyday.

I wonder the purpose of the Anime dolls? ok its a 6 inch high semi naked sometimes fully naked doll, but wtf?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 October 2023, 09:42:47 »

I don't know what you lot expect from a bunch of scammy ne'er-do-wells  ???
Onanists always think outside the box.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 October 2023, 09:48:16 »

I have bought nearly all my stocking fillers from there this year.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 October 2023, 10:24:17 »

Just recently they have started to bombard me with with emails and offers.  As a new customer they are offering  a 128 piece roll up screw driver kit for £2.39 usual price £32+. My price £15+

Type in wood lathe (Mini hobby type come up) sort by highest price they run from £112.98 to £61.48 for the same item, so what ever you but check and double chech prices and other sites, inc Amazon/Ebat as they can be cheaper at times.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 October 2023, 12:40:25 »

With pricing like that, you really need to ask who is getting screwed and how. And don't think for one moment that it's not you.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.