Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: If JLR go under...  (Read 3438 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
If JLR go under...
« on: 11 December 2023, 20:51:22 »

https://youtu.be/5vE5r5P_a0M?si=cYbz8iqRSsUgwsVm

At least TB will still be able to buy his engine parts from Peugeot... >:D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: If JLR go under...
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2023, 21:02:12 »

And Ford.

Although I doubt anyone at JLR is concerned about the profitability of the company, not matter how much of a bee in his bonnet that Geoff Buys Cars has with Landrover in particular.  He has an even bigger bee in his bonnet over EVs, remember ;)

If keyless entry is a concern, disable it.  It's not a Range Rover specific problem, it just so happens that nicked FF RR's are desirable when shipped abroad and the crocks can turn a decent profit.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2023, 21:06:45 »

And Ford.

Although I doubt anyone at JLR is concerned about the profitability of the company, not matter how much of a bee in his bonnet that Geoff Buys Cars has with Landrover in particular.  He has an even bigger bee in his bonnet over EVs, remember ;)

If keyless entry is a concern, disable it.  It's not a Range Rover specific problem, it just so happens that nicked FF RR's are desirable when shipped abroad and the crocks can turn a decent profit.

Don't forget you can sort them crocks out with a crocklock  ;D
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2023, 21:09:58 »

I mean, look how Geoff Buys Cars wanked himself senseless when he tried to convince everyone the Luton fire was an EV....   ...then an extra wank when he found out it was a Landrover/Range Rover (but still in his mind a EV version).  The guy is a clickbait pillock.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2023, 21:11:17 »

And Ford.

It's what I had to use when I had the very easily nickable MkII Astra GTE.  Along with taking the ECU and fuel pump relay in with me if parking outside hotels etc.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2023, 21:12:33 »

And Ford.

Don't forget you can sort them crocks out with a crocklock ;D

I found my old crooklock the other day from when I was 17 and used it on my rusty Renault 5 because I was convinced someone would nick it!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2023, 21:13:21 »

And Ford.

It's what I had to use when I had the very easily nickable MkII Astra GTE.  Along with taking the ECU and fuel pump relay in with me if parking outside hotels etc.

I wasn't that paranoid!  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2023, 21:14:05 »

And Ford.

I found my old crooklock the other day from when I was 17 and used it on my rusty Renault 5 because I was convinced someone would nick it!  ;D
I'm guessing it wasn't a Turbo, as that was the only Renault 5 worth nicking for a joyride.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2023, 21:17:10 »

And Ford.

I wasn't that paranoid!  ;D
Honestly, I'm trying to think if I *ever* parked it in public areas and it didn't get broken into with the intention of being nicked.  The little buggers knew how to remove the crock lock quickly.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2023, 21:19:49 »

And Ford.

I'm guessing it wasn't a Turbo, as that was the only Renault 5 worth nicking for a joyride.

No it was a 1300 GTL!  :y

Quite nippy for my first car, especially when most of my mates had 1000cc Fiat 127's, Metro's, Fiestas etc.  8)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2023, 21:21:41 »

But you moved on to the highly desirable Marina.  The only reason that was never nicked was because it would never start ;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 December 2023, 22:02:15 »

I was think more from an unisurability point of view rather than 'whatgeoffthinks' ;)

After all, he thinks vapour trails are a secret government weapon ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 December 2023, 00:46:20 »

And Ford.

Valver?
Laying a rubber road.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 December 2023, 08:17:00 »

Thieves don't nick them using keyless entry on the more recent cars, and any car from any manufacturer is prone to relay attack when on the older tech (Fords being the most nicked car). When you look at different countries you get differences, Merc and BMW in Spain, Kia Stinger in Germany.

The challenge is that the JLR products are one of the most desirable and hence they are targeted by the big crime teams, they found a way to hack and decode the CAN interface (they could do this for any make but, most are not worth bothering with as its expensive to do). That said, many of the cars that get nicked are not locked (we have all the stats and meet regularly with the Police car crime team)

This can hack method is being closed (and does not work on the latest models).

Its an arms race, and always will be, we have further tech in the wings for the next gen.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 December 2023, 12:10:15 »

And Ford.

Nick what?

The rusty Renault 5 or the crooklock.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.