Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall Stupid prices again!!  (Read 908 times)

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
Vauxhall Stupid prices again!!
« on: 26 June 2009, 11:30:32 »

Just rang up my local friendly Vx dealer, to enquire about a tiny little ruber gaitor that sits between the floating front calipers. Can't buy just the gaitor, of course!! You have to buy the 'kit' which is the gairor, a screw, and a sachet of grease the size of a full stop  ::)

And what is the charge for this tiny little rubber gaitor, screw i dont need, and spot of grease (got a granville tin the size of a small house, so not really in need of grease!)

£11!! I'm sure that many may think 'oh, its only £11 quid, what you moaning at?' But honestly when you can buy two genuine vauxhall clear-type side repeaters for £8, or an oil filter for a quid, I just think that's a tad silly. And I've got both sides to do, so ts really £22  :(

I would like to know if any of these companies that buy up old Vauxhall/Opel stock (of which i know little of, only the very good GM6 spares comes to mind) have such items?

I'm sure they would charge the 60p that you would reasonably expect to pay. (the slotted metal plates that hold steel/flexi brake lines in place inside the wheelarch, for example, cost around this.

Please don't think I'm moaning, I find alot of Vx parts very reasonable, especially at trade club prices, but I've paid £11 for calipers before!  :y

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Stupid prices again!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2009, 12:55:24 »

Have a look at your local parts shop c what they whant for them. (if they can get them)
dont think its do critical to have none vx rubber gaitors
could be a lot cheaper.
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.