Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone looking for a DTi Estate  (Read 2164 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: Anyone looking for a DTi Estate
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2013, 19:14:23 »

I'm tempted.......but gonna hold out for a late and clean 3.2 elite estate  :y
also cheap lol  ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2013, 19:39:20 »

Do you know it :-\

waspy

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2013, 10:33:26 »

Pre-facelift mirrors?
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2013, 12:01:52 »

Well, someone spent £485 on it :-\

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2013, 17:39:01 »

If you have a DTi that puts the engine management light on intermittently it needs very careful investigation. On DTi's you can spend a long time going fully through the vacuum system, replacing all the rubber joints and bends, replacing the EGR valve, checking the turbo and turbo actuator and so on and never really getting to the bottom of the problem.

Don't get me wrong, DTi's are great cars, but there's not many low mileage examples about now and when you start to get into the higher mileages you really are living on borrowed time with the fuel pump.

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2013, 17:44:39 »

If you have a DTi that puts the engine management light on intermittently it needs very careful investigation. On DTi's you can spend a long time going fully through the vacuum system, replacing all the rubber joints and bends, replacing the EGR valve, checking the turbo and turbo actuator and so on and never really getting to the bottom of the problem.

Don't get me wrong, DTi's are great cars, but there's not many low mileage examples about now and when you start to get into the higher mileages you really are living on borrowed time with the fuel pump.

Fair dos :y would such a car be ripe for an engine swap :-\ thinking along the lines of the 3.0 V6 cdti lump...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 May 2013, 18:02:00 »

Fair dos :y would such a car be ripe for an engine swap :-\ thinking along the lines of the 3.0 V6 cdti lump...

That's the engine I always wanted to transplant into an Omega, I thought it would be the ideal donk to put in purely for it's torque. Only ever seen it sitting in a FWD chassis so sourcing a RWD box may prove to be a little hard which then makes you think that putting a 2.5DTi from a Euro Omega would be a better, proven, option.  :-\

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 May 2013, 19:20:53 »

That's the engine I always wanted to transplant into an Omega, I thought it would be the ideal donk to put in purely for it's torque. Only ever seen it sitting in a FWD chassis so sourcing a RWD box may prove to be a little hard which then makes you think that putting a 2.5DTi from a Euro Omega would be a better, proven, option.  :-\

If I could buy an omega with my Signums 3.0 diesel fitted I would in a heartbeat :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2013, 20:10:20 »

If I could buy an omega with my Signums 3.0 diesel fitted I would in a heartbeat :y

Get on with it and build it then... I haven't got all day you know!  ;D

I reckon it would be a great combination. Be just my luck i'd get it all fitted and everything working and go to shut the bonnet only to find it won't close 'cause the engine is too high!

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2013, 20:50:21 »

Get on with it and build it then... I haven't got all day you know!  ;D

I reckon it would be a great combination. Be just my luck i'd get it all fitted and everything working and go to shut the bonnet only to find it won't close 'cause the engine is too high!

Lol ;D ;D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

05omegav6

« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2013, 21:00:26 »

I was going to laugh, but that's the sort of king stupid thing I would do ::) so I didn't  ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.