Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mounting a fire extinguisher  (Read 4994 times)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Mounting a fire extinguisher
« Reply #30 on: 21 November 2009, 18:58:42 »

Something is wrong there somewhere and desperately needs sorting by the relevant authorities-quickly.

I'm quite sure the Germans prosecute bystanders who do not help in an emergency-but as seems normal in the UK , common sense does not prevail as it is just not common enough  :-?

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • 2.0 pre face, 2.2 CDX est
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 November 2009, 19:50:11 »

you seem to travel to Poland a lot,so what countries are you worried about

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 November 2009, 19:59:00 »

you seem to travel to Poland a lot,so what countries are you worried about

Only the UK where people fit fire and first aid kit to improve safety, but are too nervous of litigation or loss to use it.... :-/

Welung666

« Reply #33 on: 21 November 2009, 20:14:52 »

I'm a qualified first aider and fire marshall but would still be very careful when and where I put these in to practise!

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 November 2009, 20:48:11 »

I'm a qualified first aider and fire marshall but would still be very careful when and where I put these in to practise!

You'd use common sense-not blankly refuse to use it in any situation.  My point exactly  :y

Welung666

« Reply #35 on: 21 November 2009, 20:54:59 »

You'd use common sense-not blankly refuse to use it in any situation.  My point exactly  :y

Well I certainly wouldn't stand idle but I'd assess the situation before I even contemplated involving myself into it if that makes sense?

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 November 2009, 21:09:08 »

Well I certainly wouldn't stand idle but I'd assess the situation before I even contemplated involving myself into it if that makes sense?

See earlier post re: fitting kit into taxis but not having training so they will not be used.  Common sense would be not fitting the kit, or fitting it and having training.  In any situation, I could not have kit available and refuse to help due to being worried about being sued.

I have had some training-used to sell fire equipment and have first aid at work training, but if I had the kit in my daily vehicle and had no training, I would at least read the extinguisher instructions and first aid manual to be able to be of some use, rather than saying "ain't covered, ain't had the training..."

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • 2.0 pre face, 2.2 CDX est
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22 November 2009, 20:50:42 »

See earlier post re: fitting kit into taxis but not having training so they will not be used.  Common sense would be not fitting the kit, or fitting it and having training.  In any situation, I could not have kit available and refuse to help due to being worried about being sued.

I have had some training-used to sell fire equipment and have first aid at work training, but if I had the kit in my daily vehicle and had no training, I would at least read the extinguisher instructions and first aid manual to be able to be of some use, rather than saying "ain't covered, ain't had the training..."

I would help but am leaving myself open to be sued if something goes wrong or the person i helped wanted to claim more monies from someone.The UK is getting like the USA with all these no win,no fee's.I was just stating our stupid taxi rules in Chichester.If some A**ole complained after i helped them i would be suspended for up to 3 months

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22 November 2009, 20:58:03 »

I would help but am leaving myself open to be sued if something goes wrong or the person i helped wanted to claim more monies from someone.The UK is getting like the USA with all these no win,no fee's.I was just stating our stupid taxi rules in Chichester.If some A**ole complained after i helped them i would be suspended for up to 3 months

Understood  :y
What a stupid situation though..
In the same circumstance, I would enquire of the taxi association what they plan to do about this.  The fire service provide excellent training courses and St Johns do cheap first aid courses.  Surely you must have some liability cover through your insurers or through the association?

There would be an easy way around this  :y
If not, write to someone and get it highlighted as a safety issue, because someone will then do something.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.