Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TYRES  (Read 1662 times)

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
  • Astra VXR it's a way of life
    • View Profile
TYRES
« on: 18 September 2009, 20:48:11 »

Just brought 4 New Dunlop SP Sport 9090 235/45/17 Y's and wondered if anyone else has tried this brand on their Omega ?

Andy

Trade was £67.63 per Tyre
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
Re: TYRES
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2009, 20:53:22 »

That ain't a bad price at all!  I used to have SP Sport 9000's on my Astra GSi, and they seemed fine.  But they were only 16's.

Can't grumble at that price either - got 225/55/16 Goodyear Eagle F1's on my Miggy, at a cost of £96 a corner...  Blinking good tyres though - loads of grip (in the wet or dry), minimal road noise from them, and hardly any tramlining.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2009, 20:54:38 »

Sounds good.

As a matter of interest what the the sizes and ratings on my 99 Elite.  All I can remember is the diameter of 16"  lol  :-[
« Last Edit: 18 September 2009, 20:54:56 by skruntie »
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2009, 20:57:01 »

That ain't a bad price at all!  I used to have SP Sport 9000's on my Astra GSi, and they seemed fine.  But they were only 16's.

Can't grumble at that price either - got 225/55/16 Goodyear Eagle F1's on my Miggy, at a cost of £96 a corner...  Blinking good tyres though - loads of grip (in the wet or dry), minimal road noise from them, and hardly any tramlining.

To be honest so far so good, the grip on take off is so much better wet or dry and the road noise is far better also.......

look's like a good choice so far
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

robbo2345

• Intermediate Member
  • Norfolk
  • the nature of the beast
    • 01/03 elite 2.6 estates
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2009, 21:34:57 »

got avon zz3 on my 98 elite 225x55x16 if thats any help they were £70 and fantastic grip wet or dry ! :y
life is too short ...... so live it every day !!

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2009, 22:09:45 »

Sounds good.

As a matter of interest what the the sizes and ratings on my 99 Elite.  All I can remember is the diameter of 16"  lol  :-[

I think the same tyre size as mine.  Load/Speed rating is 95W

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2009, 22:11:55 »

To be honest so far so good, the grip on take off is so much better wet or dry and the road noise is far better also.......

look's like a good choice so far

Sounds like a result!  :y  Keep us posted with how you get on with them - I've always kept to GY Eagle F1's with my Miggy's, but apparently they've now been replaced with a new F1 which is nowhere near as good as the original  :(

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 September 2009, 22:28:03 »

Had them on mine for the last 3 years or more, current set hass done 26k and are down to around 2 or 3 mm now but got a quote today for an equivalent michelin and the spanish bandits want 115euros a tyre!!! i paid and i have the bill here 223.56 for four balanced and fitted with new valves in december 2008 :y recommended in my book as a good all rounder i.e. grip wear and performance!!

feeutfo

« Reply #8 on: 18 September 2009, 23:57:15 »

first time i have heard someone say Dunlops are quiet. What on earth did you have on their before Andy?

Have had a couple of Dunlop models on my car, sp(?)9000, and Sport max(?). Both borrowed on wheels from members here in an attempt to diagnose my tramlineing issues, ill spare you the story, for once, but they  made a marked improvement in accuracy of the car, something Dunlops are renowned for it seems. They where well past their best as well.
 The price seems to be a bit more road noise, and er, the price of course.

But for that money, dont think you could go far wrong. Esp if your previous tyres where louder....

Another note, recently spoke to a guy getting over 30k from michelin primacy. Expensive tyres but for me thats 2 years driving. Not so steep over all.

Anyway having paid 370 for crap falken 912s that looked like they would struggle to do 15k. Yours look like a winner, by some margin....... Bar the noise of course. :-) 

Sports contact 3 now fitted to mine, very pleased. :-)

« Last Edit: 18 September 2009, 23:59:07 by chrisgixer »

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2009, 18:48:43 »

first time i have heard someone say Dunlops are quiet. What on earth did you have on their before Andy?

Have had a couple of Dunlop models on my car, sp(?)9000, and Sport max(?). Both borrowed on wheels from members here in an attempt to diagnose my tramlineing issues, ill spare you the story, for once, but they  made a marked improvement in accuracy of the car, something Dunlops are renowned for it seems. They where well past their best as well.
 The price seems to be a bit more road noise, and er, the price of course.

But for that money, dont think you could go far wrong. Esp if your previous tyres where louder....

Another note, recently spoke to a guy getting over 30k from michelin primacy. Expensive tyres but for me thats 2 years driving. Not so steep over all.

Anyway having paid 370 for crap falken 912s that looked like they would struggle to do 15k. Yours look like a winner, by some margin....... Bar the noise of course. :-) 

Sports contact 3 now fitted to mine, very pleased. :-)

Chris

These Alloy's had Toyo's on before and were very poor in the wet to be honest, bearing in mind the power mine puts down i was expecting more
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • 2.0 pre face, 2.2 CDX est
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2009, 18:58:39 »

Just brought 4 New Dunlop SP Sport 9090 235/45/17 Y's and wondered if anyone else has tried this brand on their Omega ?

Andy

Good price but just don't like Dunlops,they seem to go off, lose grip and get noisy when half worn.
I go though quite a few of tyres a year(50k-60k miles per years)and find  ContiSport 3 work best for me
« Last Edit: 19 September 2009, 19:01:48 by Selseybill »

feeutfo

« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2009, 02:54:08 »

Andy

Good price but just don't like Dunlops,they seem to go off, lose grip and get noisy when half worn.
I go though quite a few of tyres a year(50k-60k miles per years)and find  ContiSport 3 work best for me
noise was main reason i went for sc3, dont feel as planted as dunlops imho, but good (best???  :-/ ) balance of performance all things considered.

I know one member has tried not to buy Dunlops but "keeps coming back to them".....

If Dunlop made a quiet tyre and kept the same performance, that would do me nicely.....IME anyway  :y

bri cox

• york
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 September 2009, 03:06:01 »

i had dunlops on my first omega never again for me
my current omega had goodyear on when i got it they was ok but out of my price range i got told to try wung le tyres as cash was tight 42quid each fully fitted for 17inch medium to soft compound wet or dry sticks to the road like glue road noise is the same as the goodyears as well and audi fit them to the tts A3and A4

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 September 2009, 09:48:48 »

i got 2 new tyres last week for the front, yesterday morning i came down and my son noticed a screw in the back tyre, went to shop, there was 2 in there. luckily he repaired as very near to wall. lucky for me 2 as that tyre is only 2 months old  :) :)

feeutfo

« Reply #14 on: 20 September 2009, 12:29:39 »

i got 2 new tyres last week for the front, yesterday morning i came down and my son noticed a screw in the back tyre, went to shop, there was 2 in there. luckily he repaired as very near to wall. lucky for me 2 as that tyre is only 2 months old  :) :)

Infuriating isn't it. Can beet that though. 4new sc3. Noticed i tiny vibe on the rear when driving it home. But didnt think much of it. 2 days later it looked low. 16psi. Ffs. Small screw removed, hole patched, vibe gone, must have picked it up driving out of the fitters business park. :-(

I thought punctures where most likely during the last third of a tyres life. Not IME!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.