Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: For the very first time since lockdown...  (Read 6193 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
For the very first time since lockdown...
« on: 31 January 2021, 11:32:12 »

I'm starting to get bored. I mean really bored, not just 'a bit fed up' with things. Yesterday I got the urge to drive somewhere far away, the urge for a change of scenery was almost overwhelming.  I didn't, of course, but it's not like me at all. It's only a state of mind, of course, but I think I need to make changes to my daily routine to stop it being so predictable.
I might start having my lunch at half twelve instead of twelve o'clock.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: For the very first time since lockdown...
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2021, 11:39:18 »

I'm starting to get bored. I mean really bored, not just 'a bit fed up' with things. Yesterday I got the urge to drive somewhere far away, the urge for a change of scenery was almost overwhelming.  I didn't, of course, but it's not like me at all. It's only a state of mind, of course, but I think I need to make changes to my daily routine to stop it being so predictable.

Know the feeling Steve , I am really glad that we have something to occupy us both now with the properties SWMBO  has inherited having to sort them out will keep us busy, got back from the smoke yesterday nice to have a decent run in the car, the weather on the way home was horrendous though.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2021, 11:44:59 »

I reckon I've also put a few pounds on, those hills appear to be getting steeper......and longer.  :-[
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2021, 12:04:27 »

I could spend a load of dosh on a new (different) car and, when the wife asks WTF I'm playing at, tell her I've got mental health issues. Hmmmmm..... :-\
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2021, 12:12:27 »

After a lot of thought i'm going for my jab at 1pm. Just hope that this mass immunisation leads to more freedom as i'm the same as you Steve, bored shitless. ;D Trouble is, all the negative reports and headlines on the media point to these restrictions going on for quite some time yet. :(  . I tend to keep away from the great unwashed, even before all this crap, but i do like to get out and about as much as possible.  Oh well, just get on with it i suppose. SWMBO has decided not to have hers yet as she rarely goes out now anyway.  :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2021, 12:21:38 »

After a lot of thought i'm going for my jab at 1pm. Just hope that this mass immunisation leads to more freedom as i'm the same as you Steve, bored shitless. ;D Trouble is, all the negative reports and headlines on the media point to these restrictions going on for quite some time yet. :(  . I tend to keep away from the great unwashed, even before all this crap, but i do like to get out and about as much as possible.  Oh well, just get on with it i suppose. SWMBO has decided not to have hers yet as she rarely goes out now anyway.  :-\
Yes, get your jab, Ronny. Even if it's only 50% effective, it will hopefully stop you getting really ill if you catch the virus. I had my first one two weeks ago, and it has actually made me feel a tad less worried about catching covid. Not more complacent or careless, you'll note, just a bit less worried.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2021, 12:43:35 »

It's not the catching it that's the worry, it's everything but that.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2021, 12:45:31 »

It's not the catching it that's the worry, it's everything but that.
It's a worry for older people, despite your opinions.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2021, 13:00:09 »

As a species, we're standing at the edge of the chasm.

As people, we will all go at some point.

If you've no regrets and you have everything in order, why would you waste time worrying about this or anything else?

If you've regrets then you might feel you aren't ready to go. In which case do you worry about what might happen, or do you go and do things to resolve or appease those regrets?

The single sticking point boils down to the fact that whilst we're all hiding under the bed, we cannot catch up with getting anything done to calm our souls...

You might think our motivation is different, but when you boil it down we're all in the same place regardless of how we arrived.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2021, 13:06:53 »

Know the feeling Steve , I am really glad that we have something to occupy us both now with the properties SWMBO  has inherited having to sort them out will keep us busy, got back from the smoke yesterday nice to have a decent run in the car, the weather on the way home was horrendous though.

Keep us up to date with the new four-wheeled exotica that will soon be sitting on your drive. :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2021, 13:07:41 »

I'm fortunate to be still working flat out right through this but am feeling frustrated/p*ssed off through my weekend time off as there's little I can do, this leads to me not getting a proper rest. I was fortunate to get my first Pfizer jab in mid Dec due to working in the NHS, we had some updated info on Friday from our clinical lead that the first jab gives up to 89% protection from serious Covid infection which I found reassuring.

I don't drop in here much these days but hope you and the family are all good Ste!
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 January 2021, 13:10:28 »

If you've no regrets and you have everything in order, why would you waste time worrying about this or anything else?

If you've regrets then you might feel you aren't ready to go. In which case do you worry about what might happen, or do you go and do things to resolve or appease those regrets?

The single sticking point boils down to the fact that whilst we're all hiding under the bed, we cannot catch up with getting anything done to calm our souls...

You might think our motivation is different, but when you boil it down we're all in the same place regardless of how we arrived.

We all have regrets. Personally I prefer to regret the things I've done rather than the things I haven't. This way we know we have f*ucked up rather than guessing what 'may have been'

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 January 2021, 13:11:41 »

Except, of course, that very selfish view of things pays no attention to the others that are affected by our demise. You pop your clogs whenever you feel like it, Al, I'm planning on hanging around.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 January 2021, 13:13:30 »

Except, of course, that very selfish view of things pays no attention to the others that are affected by our demise. You pop your clogs whenever you feel like it, Al, I'm planning on hanging around.

Are you trying to ruin my day. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 January 2021, 13:15:25 »

I'm fortunate to be still working flat out right through this but am feeling frustrated/p*ssed off through my weekend time off as there's little I can do, this leads to me not getting a proper rest. I was fortunate to get my first Pfizer jab in mid Dec due to working in the NHS, we had some updated info on Friday from our clinical lead that the first jab gives up to 89% protection from serious Covid infection which I found reassuring.

I don't drop in here much these days but hope you and the family are all good Ste!
Very lucky to be where we are thanks, Jon. Boredom is 'a bit of a nuisance', but does not compare with what a lot of people are going through. Thanks for all your good work, mate, and hope you and yours stay well.
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.