Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: For the very first time since lockdown...  (Read 6119 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: For the very first time since lockdown...
« Reply #15 on: 31 January 2021, 13:16:11 »

As a species, we're standing at the edge of the chasm.

As people, we will all go at some point.

If you've no regrets and you have everything in order, why would you waste time worrying about this or anything else?

If you've regrets then you might feel you aren't ready to go. In which case do you worry about what might happen, or do you go and do things to resolve or appease those regrets?

The single sticking point boils down to the fact that whilst we're all hiding under the bed, we cannot catch up with getting anything done to calm our souls...

You might think our motivation is different, but when you boil it down we're all in the same place regardless of how we arrived.
Except, of course, that very selfish view of things pays no attention to the others that are affected by our demise. You pop your clogs whenever you feel like it, Al, I'm planning on hanging around.

Are you trying to ruin my day. :)
Always  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 January 2021, 13:17:20 »

Right...highlight of the day.....dog walk.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 January 2021, 13:17:26 »

If you've no regrets and you have everything in order, why would you waste time worrying about this or anything else?

If you've regrets then you might feel you aren't ready to go. In which case do you worry about what might happen, or do you go and do things to resolve or appease those regrets?

The single sticking point boils down to the fact that whilst we're all hiding under the bed, we cannot catch up with getting anything done to calm our souls...

You might think our motivation is different, but when you boil it down we're all in the same place regardless of how we arrived.
Except, of course, that very selfish view of things pays no attention to the others that are affected by our demise. You pop your clogs whenever you feel like it, Al, I'm planning on hanging around.

Are you trying to ruin my day. :)
Always  ;D

Inconsiderate scouse bastard. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 January 2021, 13:20:22 »

I suppose it all depends on your definition of 'hanging about'

Fit, healthy, optimistic, lots of sex, pots of money.... :y

Sitting in your own shit and piss for 20 years with a brain that has turned to mush.... :'(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 January 2021, 14:00:14 »

The financial stuff can be prepared, and as long as everyone is clear as to what arrangements are in place, that's something that doesn't need worrying about.

That only leaves the emotional stuff, and that's down to the individuals concerned.

Worry about what you can affect and don't worry about what you can't. Which is easier said than done when there's nothing but doom mongering on the news.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31 January 2021, 14:14:55 »

The financial stuff can be prepared, and as long as everyone is clear as to what arrangements are in place, that's something that doesn't need worrying about.

That only leaves the emotional stuff, and that's down to the individuals concerned.

Worry about what you can affect and don't worry about what you can't. Which is easier said than done when there's nothing but doom mongering on the news.
You may find, except in your own, simplistic world, that a lot of people would have trouble 'preparing' the financial stuff, esp if money is tight and the person who dies is the breadwinner.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 31 January 2021, 14:30:57 »

People 'left behind' so to speak are always able to sort things out. Always have and always will.

I have had five major bereavements since 2010. I was sole executor of the will for three of these.

More funerals than parties recently....which is a portent of things to come. :)

Al has a point. Don't stress over things you can't control, you'll make yourself unwell.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2021, 14:35:49 »

People 'left behind' so to speak are always able to sort things out. Always have and always will.

I have had five major bereavements since 2010. I was sole executor of the will for three of these.

Al has a point. Don't stress over things you can't control, you'll make yourself unwell.
Another one with no concept of how most people live.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31 January 2021, 14:36:39 »

Lockdown hasnt affected my life that much, as Im still working as normal. It would have driven me mad if I had to stay at home 24/7,partiticularly though the winter.
I miss going to the little Social club I help to run, But have taken up going for walks - 1.5 to 2 miles a day, and also got roped into doing Joe Wicks exercise routines with swmbo.  ::)
Im working on the basis that there wont be any kind of normality until around the end of this year. Cant see it happening much before that.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31 January 2021, 14:39:20 »

I'm really not sure what you mean by that but I get the feeling you are struggling. :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31 January 2021, 14:40:05 »

Lockdown hasnt affected my life that much, as Im still working as normal. It would have driven me mad if I had to stay at home 24/7,partiticularly though the winter.
I miss going to the little Social club I help to run, But have taken up going for walks - 1.5 to 2 miles a day, and also got roped into doing Joe Wicks exercise routines with swmbo.  ::)
Im working on the basis that there wont be any kind of normality until around the end of this year. Cant see it happening much before that.
Read a report somewhere this morning that said, even if the vaccination program goes as planned, until they prove the efficacy of said vaccine against spreading the disease, social distancing will be in place. End of this year, as you say, seemed to be the opinion of most of the medical experts.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31 January 2021, 14:43:50 »

You are taking the piss...... ;D ;D

You go to work to fix your Omega. :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 January 2021, 14:45:19 »

I'm really not sure what you mean by that but I get the feeling you are struggling. :-\
We were talking about the problems caused by people dying and leaving a shitty situation for those left behind. You brushed this off as nothing when, for most people, it would be a disaster. You then moved on to not stressing over things you can't control, so I take you were talking about something totally different then?
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 31 January 2021, 14:50:44 »

We were talking about the problems caused by people dying and leaving a shitty situation for those left behind. You brushed this off as nothing when, for most people, it would be a disaster. You then moved on to not stressing over things you can't control, so I take you were talking about something totally different then?

I know. I know because it has happened to me 5 times in the last eleven years. I didn't say it was easy because it's not but people deal with death, and the consequences of death, because it is inevitable.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 January 2021, 14:53:31 »

I know. I know because it has happened to me 5 times in the last eleven years. I didn't say it was easy because it's not but people deal with death, and the consequences of death, because it is inevitable.
But we're any of the relatives of the folk who unfortunately passed away left destitute? That's the point I made in my post.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.