Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: For the very first time since lockdown...  (Read 6196 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: For the very first time since lockdown...
« Reply #30 on: 31 January 2021, 15:01:34 »

People 'left behind' so to speak are always able to sort things out. Always have and always will.

I have had five major bereavements since 2010. I was sole executor of the will for three of these.

More funerals than parties recently....which is a portent of things to come. :)

Al has a point. Don't stress over things you can't control, you'll make yourself unwell.
Another one with no concept of how most people live.

I'm really not sure what you mean by that but I get the feeling you are struggling. :-\
We were talking about the problems caused by people dying and leaving a shitty situation for those left behind. You brushed this off as nothing when, for most people, it would be a disaster. You then moved on to not stressing over things you can't control, so I take you were talking about something totally different then?

I know. I know because it has happened to me 5 times in the last eleven years. I didn't say it was easy because it's not but people deal with death, and the consequences of death, because it is inevitable.
But we're any of the relatives of the folk who unfortunately passed away left destitute? That's the point I made in my post.

Death, and who has, or has not been left anything in the will, is always enlightening. ::)

I know from personal experience that some who were expecting to 'be saved financially' by the imminent demise of a loved one where in fact left with SFA.....one particular individual I didn't like so.... ;D ;D ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 31 January 2021, 15:05:56 »

People 'left behind' so to speak are always able to sort things out. Always have and always will.

I have had five major bereavements since 2010. I was sole executor of the will for three of these.

Al has a point. Don't stress over things you can't control, you'll make yourself unwell.

I'm really not sure what you mean by that but I get the feeling you are struggling. :-\
We were talking about the problems caused by people dying and leaving a shitty situation for those left behind. You brushed this off as nothing when, for most people, it would be a disaster. You then moved on to not stressing over things you can't control, so I take you were talking about something totally different then?

I know. I know because it has happened to me 5 times in the last eleven years. I didn't say it was easy because it's not but people deal with death, and the consequences of death, because it is inevitable.
But we're any of the relatives of the folk who unfortunately passed away left destitute? That's the point I made in my post.

Death, and who has, or has not been left anything in the will, is always enlightening. ::)

I know from personal experience that some who were expecting to 'be saved financially' by the imminent demise of a loved one where in fact left with SFA.....one particular individual I didn't like so.... ;D ;D ;D
So.......nothing like a clear answer then.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31 January 2021, 15:09:46 »

I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Some people may be left destitute (as you call it) when an individual dies, and others won't. How do you propose to remedy this?

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31 January 2021, 15:14:03 »

I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Some people may be left destitute (as you call it) when an individual dies, and others won't. How do you propose to remedy this?
Knock, knock.....
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31 January 2021, 15:20:52 »

Post number 20 is what I was talking about. WTF you are on about, god only knows.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 January 2021, 15:29:37 »

Waiting for someone else to die isn't a plan, nor is expecting those left behind to deal with everything unprepared.

Grief is no foundation for sound decisions to be made... So preempt those decisions and get everyone on the same page with clear heads.

If that's simplistic, then so be it, but why complicate it so much? That's not fair on those left.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31 January 2021, 15:33:54 »

Waiting for someone else to die isn't a plan, nor is expecting those left behind to deal with everything unprepared.

Grief is no foundation for sound decisions to be made... So preempt those decisions and get everyone on the same page with clear heads.

If that's simplistic, then so be it, but why complicate it so much? That's not fair on those left.
It's not complicated to try to understand that some, a lot, of people live from week to week, on the breadline. The death of the breadwinner is a catastrophe, one that cannot be mitigated beforehand. Simple, unless you want to get all nonsensical about it.
Therefore, despite your point of view, we will remain in lockdown and people's lives will be saved.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31 January 2021, 15:38:53 »

Post number 20 is what I was talking about. WTF you are on about, god only knows.

Provided a will has been left then the executor named in the will shall have immediate access and control to the bank accounts of the bereaved. If the bereaved has money this can then be used to pay for funeral costs and other expenses. If the bereaved has no money then crisis loans/grants are available.

I really don't know why you are so obsessed with this topic. You seem distressed.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 January 2021, 15:40:55 »

Provided a will has been left then the executor named in the will shall have immediate access and control to the bank accounts of the bereaved. If the bereaved has money this can then be used to pay for funeral costs and other expenses. If the bereaved has no money then crisis loans/grants are available.

I really don't know why you are so obsessed with this topic. You seem distressed.
And you seem like you're on another planet, again  ;D
Loans, grants  ;D ;D ;D
By grant do you mean universal credit? ::)
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31 January 2021, 15:42:04 »

And I'm not distressed at all, just exasperated, as usual, with the total lack of understanding of how the other half live.
Al was the first to mention the subject, by the way, but you're not very good at reading previous posts, are you?  :P
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 31 January 2021, 15:43:50 »

It's not complicated to try to understand that some, a lot, of people live from week to week, on the breadline. The death of the breadwinner is a catastrophe, one that cannot be mitigated beforehand. Simple, unless you want to get all nonsensical about it.
Therefore, despite your point of view, we will remain in lockdown and people's lives will be saved.

......the death of a breadwinner is inevitable and happens thousands, many hundreds of thousands times a day, throughout the world. We know this. Everybody knows this.

It's not a new thing.

It's what happens.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 January 2021, 15:45:46 »

......the death of a breadwinner is inevitable and happens thousands, many hundreds of thousands times a day, throughout the world. We know this. Everybody knows this.

It's not a new thing.

It's what happens.
Sigh...yes...but we don't want to kill hundreds/thousands of breadwinners by removing the lockdown, as Al was saying......do we?
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 January 2021, 15:48:55 »

Define 'saved'...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 January 2021, 15:49:38 »

Define 'saved'...
Do one  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 January 2021, 15:50:12 »

And you seem like you're on another planet, again  ;D
Loans, grants  ;D ;D ;D
By grant do you mean universal credit? ::)

No, silly, people without money can obtain a crisis grant from the DSS to help pay for the funeral costs. I know of somebody who received £2000 which is supposedly enough for a basic funeral without any frills. This money is rarely repaid.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.