Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: For the very first time since lockdown...  (Read 6194 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: For the very first time since lockdown...
« Reply #45 on: 31 January 2021, 15:51:12 »

Waiting for someone else to die isn't a plan, nor is expecting those left behind to deal with everything unprepared.

Grief is no foundation for sound decisions to be made... So preempt those decisions and get everyone on the same page with clear heads.

If that's simplistic, then so be it, but why complicate it so much? That's not fair on those left.
It's not complicated to try to understand that some, a lot, of people live from week to week, on the breadline. The death of the breadwinner is a catastrophe, one that cannot be mitigated beforehand. Simple, unless you want to get all nonsensical about it.
Therefore, despite your point of view, we will remain in lockdown and people's lives will be saved.
Define 'saved'...
Do one  ;D
See, feeling betterer already :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 31 January 2021, 15:52:30 »

Post number 20 is what I was talking about. WTF you are on about, god only knows.

Provided a will has been left then the executor named in the will shall have immediate access and control to the bank accounts of the bereaved. If the bereaved has money this can then be used to pay for funeral costs and other expenses. If the bereaved has no money then crisis loans/grants are available.

I really don't know why you are so obsessed with this topic. You seem distressed.
And you seem like you're on another planet, again  ;D
Loans, grants  ;D ;D ;D
By grant do you mean universal credit? ::)

No, silly, people without money can obtain a crisis grant from the DSS to help pay for the funeral costs. I know of somebody who received £2000 which is supposedly enough for a basic funeral without any frills. This money is rarely repaid.
And, if they have a few pennies left, they can have one last Big Mac, before they starve to death  ;D
Unless they apply for universal credit, of course, from which the funeral loan will be deducted. ::)
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 31 January 2021, 15:54:00 »

Or.......we could all just stay in and then the breadwinner wouldn't die in the first place  ::)
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 31 January 2021, 15:56:38 »

Or.......we could all just stay in and then the breadwinner wouldn't die in the first place  ::)

At least you haven't been quite so bored this afternoon Steve, this topic has gone all round the houses ,did you have a good walk with the dog ?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 31 January 2021, 15:58:45 »

At least you haven't been quite so bored this afternoon Steve, this topic has gone all round the houses ,did you have a good walk with the dog ?
I did, Mick, thank you. Gonna watch Liverpool lose at West Ham now, that should improve my mood  ;D
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 31 January 2021, 16:00:18 »

Waiting for someone else to die isn't a plan, nor is expecting those left behind to deal with everything unprepared.

Grief is no foundation for sound decisions to be made... So preempt those decisions and get everyone on the same page with clear heads.

If that's simplistic, then so be it, but why complicate it so much? That's not fair on those left.
It's not complicated to try to understand that some, a lot, of people live from week to week, on the breadline. The death of the breadwinner is a catastrophe, one that cannot be mitigated beforehand. Simple, unless you want to get all nonsensical about it.
Therefore, despite your point of view, we will remain in lockdown and people's lives will be saved.

Indeed
 "Keep calm and carry on" was tried last March, very briefly  ::)
then people did the maths and decided thousands would die and the NHS would be over run .

because of the spread, people NOT following the rules ,the NHS IS over run .

125 thousand excess deaths  :(

many of those had families who cared and where left heartbroken  ,not just turned up for the will reading  ::)

As Uncle Stemo said , if the diseased was the breadwinner ,that leaves major financial problems to deal with on to of the heartache  ,and borrowing money to pay for funerals just puts people into debt or even more debt  .

Had people taken Chinese Virus more seriously ,we could be in a much better place right now  >:(

I've lost a sh** load of time/money in the last year, but I'd rather think of it as investing time/money into having family and loved ones still alive .

We probably will have to social distance etc for another year, not have holidays abroad, be careful and considerate of others, yes there will be a big bill to pay for many years to come ,but if everyone got on board and stopped spreading Chinese Virus everywhere ,thinking it won't effect them ,why should they bother, this would be over sooner .

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 31 January 2021, 16:00:46 »

I did, Mick, thank you. Gonna watch Liverpool lose at West Ham now, that should improve my mood  ;D

And I've got a nice roast pork tea to look forward to , a good end to the day..👌
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 31 January 2021, 16:02:30 »

The whippet is the one with the common sense. :)

As far as I am aware, if you don't register the death then you are not responsible for costs. A good tip you you don't happen to like the deceased.

I think the body/funeral expense then becomes the responsibility of the council.

This happens when people die with no next of kin and no money.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 31 January 2021, 16:04:15 »

The whippet is the one with the common sense. :)

As far as I am aware, if you don't register the death then you are not responsible for costs. A good tip you you don't happen to like the deceased.

I think the body/funeral expense then becomes the responsibility of the council.

This happens when people die with no next of kin and no money.
Interesting, but totally irrelevant to anything being discussed on here.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 31 January 2021, 16:07:06 »

Who would get away with the funeral costs if there was no next of kin? No one?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 31 January 2021, 16:08:55 »

Indeed
then people did the maths and decided thousands would die and the NHS would be over run .

many of those had families who cared and where left heartbroken  ,not just turned up for the will reading  ::)

As Uncle Stemo said , if the diseased was the breadwinner ,that leaves major financial problems to deal with on to of the heartache  ,and borrowing money to pay for funerals just puts people into debt or even more debt  .

Had people taken Chinese Virus more seriously ,we could be in a much better place right now  >:(

I've lost a sh** load of time/money in the last year, but I'd rather think of it as investing time/money into having family and loved ones still alive .

We probably will have to social distance etc for another year, not have holidays abroad, be careful and considerate of others, yes there will be a big bill to pay for many years to come ,but if everyone got on board and stopped spreading Chinese Virus everywhere ,thinking it won't effect them ,why should they bother, this would be over sooner .
Speculation and worry don't change nowt...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 31 January 2021, 16:13:32 »

Indeed

Speculation and worry don't change nowt...
We're used to your M.O., we had a laugh in the Donald threads as well. ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 31 January 2021, 16:15:08 »

Yes there's always one 😁😁😁

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 31 January 2021, 16:17:48 »

Yes there's always one 😁😁😁
Unfortunately, there's a lot of them, Mick. Inhabiting the dark corners of YouTube, mumbling how the vast majority is wrong, and they are right. It must be a miserable existence.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 31 January 2021, 16:23:30 »

Anyway, Ive just got back from my 1.7 mile walk and my legs are facked. Cant be arsed with you lot arguing so pack it in. :P
I have no worries about what inheritance I might get as no-one has ever left me a penny and no-one ever will, so count yourselves lucky.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.