Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Are some big earners totally stupid ?  (Read 2914 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Are some big earners totally stupid ?
« Reply #30 on: 03 February 2021, 14:37:24 »

https://youtu.be/qYS_UJJudXQ

Here you go, BM. It does sound good. Tell yourself it will help to save the planet. :y :y

OOPS...wrong thread. ;D ;D ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 February 2021, 17:35:23 »

Here you go, BM. It does sound good. Tell yourself it will help to save the planet. :y :y

Over to you STMO.  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 February 2021, 17:46:05 »

Over to you STMO.  ;D
I've given up on the silly old fool, Ronny.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 February 2021, 18:32:21 »

Over to you STMO.  ;D

Senior moment ::).......but then you and old Ronny will know all about such things.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 February 2021, 20:44:38 »

Over to you STMO.  ;D

Senior moment ::).......but then you and old Ronny will know all about such things.
Sadly yes.  ;D

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 February 2021, 03:09:33 »

Who has a mortgage at 66? How long before people get totally sick of go fund me and the like, esp when it's abused, as I consider this appeal is.

I own 3 houses.  One outright. The one we bought in.
 1998 with a 17 year mortgage, knowing that we'd started paying a 25 year mortgage 8 years earlier, and not wanting to pay for longer.  But now wished we'd gone for longer, because we could have bought a better house.
Another one we bought 6 years ago on an interest only buy to.let, but have been overpaying by the amount of rent we get, so that it should pay off by the time we are 64. Effectively the cost of it will have been the deposit, maintenance and the income tax.....Not sure if I want to.keeo.it into.my retirement, but that was the plan...£700 A month once the mortgage is paid. Or £150k if sold (assuming no inflation)
The third, was an ill thought out purchase.  There was significant man maths in the purchasing decision, but if I take a permie job that's kind of being dangled by my current client, it's 100 miles closer, so we might both live There in the week.until it's paid off at oh 66..
Why 66? Because the lender would have wanted to see evidence of pensions and shit like thst, and I just couldn't be arsed getting all.the paperwork out.
Either way, if pur parents die and leave us any money, maybe both mortgages will.be paid off sooner....I fully expect that care home fees, or wills being rewritten on a whim to jump a generation, will make that unlikely..

I know someone who bought an expensive house on an interest only mortgage, and remortgaged it through the early 90s as the value went.up, which supported his family's lifestyle..He's a financial.advisor. in 2008, he was paying £3k a month, in interest and had no income due to the financial.crash for 5 months.....Rather than a repayment mortgage, he has used the money for i"nvestments" ..
Good luck to.him.if you have the balls.....

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 February 2021, 12:54:20 »

I know someone who bought an expensive house on an interest only mortgage, and remortgaged it through the early 90s as the value went.up, which supported his family's lifestyle..He's a financial.advisor. in 2008, he was paying £3k a month, in interest and had no income due to the financial.crash for 5 months.....Rather than a repayment mortgage, he has used the money for i"nvestments" ..
Good luck to.him.if you have the balls.....

This is called "leverage", or "gearing". You borrow money at a low interest rate (mortgage at 1/2/3%) and invest it in something that you expect to return more. Of course it can go wrong, but it's not uncommon for good IFA's to target 10% returns per year for their own investments. Paying £3K p/m in interest isn't much of a worry if you're getting £10k p/m in investment returns.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.