Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: That stupid fickin government film  (Read 5715 times)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
Re: That stupid fickin government film
« Reply #45 on: 06 February 2021, 22:56:26 »

I'll add, these Drive-Thru places, whether you love them or hate them, are serving the nation safely (better than shopping; see above), and the fact there are queues at them makes me feel happy that the general public are taking the lockdown rules seriously.  The less people in Supermarkets the better.  If a family decide to have a Drive-Thru meal, they are FAR safer than grabbing something quick from a Tesco Metro.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06 February 2021, 23:36:14 »

"doing ALL YOU CAN ? "

Yes, I understand your point Dave.

As I've posted before in this thread;

Getting into your own car, drive to a local Drive-Thru, contactless payment, drive home.............

OR

Getting into your own car, drive to a local Tesco, put on mask (or not if you're a cock) walk around touching things that other have touched, dodging morons left-right and centre, settle on a pasty which possibly several people have touched, take to either a 'staffed' till or 'self-service' till, walk out and get in car.

????????????::)

Or take sandwiches prepared at home. ? Actually the real problem is the folks who say shall we cook a meal or shall we go out for a takeaway. And while we are out put some fuel in car and get some chocolate and nip into Tesco metro for a pint of milk.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06 February 2021, 23:37:20 »

I'm with Broomie, it's just you miserable old bastards are pissed off at getting held up in traffic jams caused by all these people staying safe!  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06 February 2021, 23:45:32 »

Anyway I broke the rules yesterday...  ::)

I've got things on my mind at the mo and had to get out of the house. As the weather was a bit pish I went for an aimless drive and ended up at a small East Devon fishing second home village as the weather cleared and went for a long walk on the almost deserted beach.  :y

Essential? Maybe. Did I stay local for my exercise? Nope.  Did it do me any good?  Abso-bloody-lutely!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06 February 2021, 23:53:54 »

Right, shall we clear something up?

McDonalds (other chains are available) would have spent money on traffic flows, entrance and exit safety etc.

The council will have the final say, they (should) have done all the necessary checks at great taxpayers cost.

That's how it used to be done. But if you think those things are still done by people who understand how traffic works in general, let alone in specific areas, you're dreaming.

It used to be done like that, by an employee of the council. Now it's all subcontracted, so a spotty oik who graduated 20minutes ago will turn up from 200 miles away, sit in his car at the site for 20 minutes at an irrelevant time of day(10:30 for a school for instance) and make his recommendations based on the inadequate information gathered. I expect everyone here could critique a poorly laid out junction near where we live caused by this policy - I could pick one about 1/3mile away, and 3/4mile in the other direction.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07 February 2021, 00:35:56 »

What if the spotty yoof who serves your burger has Covid and breathes all over your grub ?
Personally I wouldnt take the chance at the moment.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07 February 2021, 00:46:03 »

What if the spotty yoof who serves your burger has Covid and breathes all over your grub ?
Because the underpaid immigrants who make your supermarket sanwiches and processed food are all sooo healthy ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 07 February 2021, 07:16:51 »

Or take sandwiches prepared at home. ? Actually the real problem is the folks who say shall we cook a meal or shall we go out for a takeaway. And while we are out put some fuel in car and get some chocolate and nip into Tesco metro for a pint of milk.

Completely agree  :y

adding your lunch food to your weekly shop cuts out 7 trips to a fast food or take a ways
you can sandwiches as a batch and freeze them ,get them out each morning and by lunchtime they have defrosted but chilled  :) or take a flask of soup etc ,microwave meal

Boris said " Shop as infrequently as possible "

as for other people touching food ,the risk is reduced by preparing it yourself
and you can spray all your WEEKLY shopping with disinfectant and quarantine it ,or use a UVc lamp ,or BOTH  :y

so make your food yourself  :)

Also being prepared and planning ahead means you won't need to make so many trips out

think of it as the more trips out people make, the more people will die ,one day that could be someone you know or love , not just some statistic on a tv news show .

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 07 February 2021, 07:27:38 »

Completely agree  :y

adding your lunch food to your weekly shop cuts out 7 trips to a fast food or take a ways
you can sandwiches as a batch and freeze them ,get them out each morning and by lunchtime they have defrosted but chilled  :) or take a flask of soup etc ,microwave meal

Boris said " Shop as infrequently as possible "

as for other people touching food ,the risk is reduced by preparing it yourself
and you can spray all your WEEKLY shopping with disinfectant and quarantine it ,or use a UVc lamp ,or BOTH  :y

so make your food yourself  :)

Also being prepared and planning ahead means you won't need to make so many trips out

think of it as the more trips out people make, the more people will die ,one day that could be someone you know or love , not just some statistic on a tv news show .

This would be impossible for some dozy bastards in the United Kingdom, plain old common sense hardly seems to exist anymore.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07 February 2021, 09:08:24 »

....... plain old common sense hardly seems to exist anymore.
unfortunately I have to agree  :(

"Fail to prepare ,prepare to fail"

a simple task like making a shopping list and sticking too it would help in supermarkets ,
rather than people standing for ages ,staring at the shelves, deciding what to have for lunch that day .
only to return the next day to do the same  ::)

TB's cull becomes more and more appealing  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 07 February 2021, 09:29:21 »

Because the underpaid immigrants who make your supermarket sanwiches and processed food are all sooo healthy ::)

I wouldnt buy a supermarket sandwich even if Covid didnt exist. All our shopping is wiped down with alcohol infused wipes before being put away in the fridge / cupboards, which is probably about as much as can be reasonably done to try and protect us from catching it from it I suppose.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 07 February 2021, 12:56:50 »

who can't go out?
I said in another post, as soon as any changes to lockdown are announced, the TV news and  papers make a list of what you can get away with , people don't need to have fast food ,unless they are homeless and don't have a kitchen surely  :-\
shop once a week ,buy food, cook it ,eat it

Exactly right and that is what I do, but I did before all this, shopping only at Sainsbury's via Smart Shop when I do not have to interact with anyone. :y :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 07 February 2021, 13:53:29 »

People should be more like me and only eat burgers made from Quorn or lentils.

I make them myself so as to help keep my carbon footprint small...... :D ;D

OPTI SAVES THE WORLD....... :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 07 February 2021, 13:56:35 »

I'd be more worried by the remnants of jizz that linger on his unwashed hands following vigorous 'personal abuse'

Enjoy your burger. :y
« Last Edit: 07 February 2021, 13:58:22 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 07 February 2021, 16:27:10 »

People should be more like me and only eat burgers made from Quorn or lentils.

I make them myself so as to help keep my carbon footprint small...... :D ;D

OPTI SAVES THE WORLD....... :y
Or not. Growing cows is a far more efficient way to produce protein than growing soya beans.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.