Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: More bat-flu news  (Read 7943 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: More bat-flu news
« Reply #30 on: 11 February 2021, 14:52:08 »

Long but interesting read:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/chronic-infection-uk-coronavirus-variant

The takeways are that the B.1.1.7 (Kent) variant probably emerged from a patient with a weakened immune system, allowing the virus to 'learn'. And that the more ANY Covid type spreads, the more likely it is to find a really dangerous variant.

Good read! :y

Yes, your points sum it up well, but of course are disturbing.  That why I believe no one should be so arrogant to think the vaccines will restrict COVID completely and things could get worse before getting better, and that is why I for one will not be foolish enough to predict the future.  It is in the hands of GOD ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 February 2021, 14:57:43 »

Unfortunately ,now track and trace is becoming effective ,the penny pinching knobs in charge decide to cut back on tracers  :(
so instead of working, helping reduce the spread, the tracers will go on benefits  :(
you couldn't make it up  :'(

as for the Kent strain , don't count your chickens just yet ,we're only just a year in  :(
I'm sure that Covid 19 has so much more to give take yet  :P

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 February 2021, 15:00:54 »

Isn't it racist towards the people of Kent and Kentish people to call it the Kent Variant?  ???  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 February 2021, 15:07:08 »

Unfortunately ,now track and trace is becoming effective ,the penny pinching knobs in charge decide to cut back on tracers  :(
so instead of working, helping reduce the spread, the tracers will go on benefits  :(
I rest my case  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 February 2021, 15:13:03 »

I rest my case  :-X
I'll bookmark this page so I can quote that  :)  :y  :D  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 February 2021, 15:15:14 »

I will say I told you so when, this time next year, we're still locked down.  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

B52

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
  • 02 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 February 2021, 15:23:58 »

This is also an interesting comparison

https://youtu.be/AqRHH6e-y6I

[2 minutes]

Although I did get a sinking feeling when he said 'The lessons I've learned from so many Ebola outbreaks in my career...'

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 February 2021, 17:14:40 »

Long but interesting read:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/chronic-infection-uk-coronavirus-variant

The takeways are that the B.1.1.7 (Kent) variant probably emerged from a patient with a weakened immune system, allowing the virus to 'learn'. And that the more ANY Covid type spreads, the more likely it is to find a really dangerous variant.

Good read! :y

Yes, your points sum it up well, but of course are disturbing.  That why I believe no one should be so arrogant to think the vaccines will restrict COVID completely and things could get worse before getting better, and that is why I for one will not be foolish enough to predict the future.  It is in the hands of GOD ;)

The God of love - who has sat back and allowed over a million (so far) of his creations to die a horrible death from it ?  ???
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 February 2021, 17:23:59 »

people shouldn't leave it in the hands of God to sort this mess out .
it's in EVERYBOBIES HANDS
so remember to wash your hands  :P
everyone has to play their part

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 February 2021, 17:31:40 »

Isn't it racist towards the people of Kent and Kentish people to call it the Kent Variant?  ???  :)
Who are you calling a Kent ?

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11 February 2021, 17:40:20 »

We're all in this for the long haul , something we have to accept I think I've had it good up to now but really feel for the youngsters who without a doubt are losing out on so much with no "normality", what the new normal will be remains to be seen.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11 February 2021, 17:44:50 »

I will say I told you so when, this time next year, we're still locked down.  ;)
apparently people learn from history .
so check your own and MY previous posts ,March 2020 on
your view all along has been it's just flu, lockdowns don't work , lets all just get on with life .

115 thousand deaths later and you still don't seem to grasp the serious nature of Covid 19
herd immunity doesn't work  ,we learned that pretty early on  ;)

my posts tend to suggest we air on caution ,we don't know enough about covid 19 etc
by March 2020 I was wearing a mask when out ,had the raw ingredients for 450 liters of disinfectant/hand sanitiser, stock of supplies like food and bog roll ,you could say "hoarder" yes , but it was weeks before anyone thought to stockpile food, bog roll or hand sanitizer etc . I prefer to call it forward planning  ,an idea you preach  DG  :P

so, If we are still locked down in a years time ,feel free to quote me  :)
we will be locked down because of selfish people not following the rules and making poor choices   ::)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11 February 2021, 18:32:11 »

apparently people learn from history .
so check your own and MY previous posts ,March 2020 on
your view all along has been it's just flu, lockdowns don't work , lets all just get on with life .

115 thousand deaths later and you still don't seem to grasp the serious nature of Covid 19
herd immunity doesn't work  ,we learned that pretty early on  ;)

my posts tend to suggest we air on caution ,we don't know enough about covid 19 etc
by March 2020 I was wearing a mask when out ,had the raw ingredients for 450 liters of disinfectant/hand sanitiser, stock of supplies like food and bog roll ,you could say "hoarder" yes , but it was weeks before anyone thought to stockpile food, bog roll or hand sanitizer etc . I prefer to call it forward planning  ,an idea you preach  DG  :P

so, If we are still locked down in a years time ,feel free to quote me  :)
we will be locked down because of selfish people not following the rules and making poor choices   ::)

I would like to know the percentage of people who are taking this pandemic seriously, round here the problems seem to be with the  supermarkets people not adhering to social distancing , always posts in the local paper about this, doesn't affect us as we opted very early for home deliveries ( saves a fortune as it happens)  got used to it now miss certain things obviously  but what else can we do if we wish to remain safe from the virus?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11 February 2021, 18:58:50 »

By nature I am a Libertarian. I believe in the smaller the State, the better. Government should interfere in peoples day to day lives, and take as little of their hard earned money as possible.
However, to me the current situation is similar to being in a major war, but without soldiers. Its the unfortunate but necessary situation where the Government has to be involved in a major way and take the grave responsibility of limiting peoples freedom for the good of all.
Something which should always be a rare, once in a generation event, and not something which should ever become normalised.
Im happy to go along with it, because there are good reasons behind it, but once things return to something like normal, we need to make sure they dont hang on to our freedoms, as Politicians almost always want to do, by their nature.
They are not to be trusted most of the time, regardless of party or claimed beliefs.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11 February 2021, 19:12:56 »

....not interfere...
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.