Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: More bat-flu news  (Read 7948 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: More bat-flu news
« Reply #60 on: 11 February 2021, 20:07:45 »

Here is a thought.

Death and infection statistics are high now due to how the stats are produced. Will we see them magically go down when there is a good % vaccinated.

Given that we are testing more people than most countries around the world, it shouldn't be a surprise that our infection rates are higher than many.  ;)

One thing that I'd like to know, is how are different countries are determining a Covid death?  ???  ::)  Because this business of being counted as a Covid death if you died for any reason within 28 days of a positive test (which may be a false positive anyway!) has always seemed completely ridiculous to me.  I read for example a few months ago that Germany only counts people who have literally been killed by Covid as a Covid death. Which seems sensible?  ??? ::)

Capt Tom for example was admitted to hospital with breathing problems due to pneumonia, apparently contracted Covid in hospital and then everyone is saying he died of Covid?  ???  ::)  :-\  :-X
If I went into hospital to have my tonsils removed, caught covid and died, would I have actually died of tonsillitis?

No because it's very unlikely that you would have died of tonsillitis.  Maybe septicemia or some other complication due to your operation.  ::)
Not having it. He caught covid and then he died. He may have died from pneumonia, but he definitely died whilst suffering from covid.

But what killed him pneumonia or covid?  Given that at his age pneumonia would probably have got him anyway, covid or not?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 11 February 2021, 20:11:24 »

Here is a thought.

Death and infection statistics are high now due to how the stats are produced. Will we see them magically go down when there is a good % vaccinated.

Given that we are testing more people than most countries around the world, it shouldn't be a surprise that our infection rates are higher than many.  ;)

One thing that I'd like to know, is how are different countries are determining a Covid death?  ???  ::)  Because this business of being counted as a Covid death if you died for any reason within 28 days of a positive test (which may be a false positive anyway!) has always seemed completely ridiculous to me.  I read for example a few months ago that Germany only counts people who have literally been killed by Covid as a Covid death. Which seems sensible?  ??? ::)

Capt Tom for example was admitted to hospital with breathing problems due to pneumonia, apparently contracted Covid in hospital and then everyone is saying he died of Covid?  ???  ::)  :-\  :-X
If I went into hospital to have my tonsils removed, caught covid and died, would I have actually died of tonsillitis?

No because it's very unlikely that you would have died of tonsillitis.  Maybe septicemia or some other complication due to your operation.  ::)
Not having it. He caught covid and then he died. He may have died from pneumonia, but he definitely died whilst suffering from covid.

But what killed him pneumonia or covid?  Given that at his age pneumonia would probably have got him anyway, covid or not?  ???
I don't know for sure, but he died while he had covid, so you could hardly exclude it as a cause. None of this matters, of course, because as much as we pass comment on our various forums and social media, the government decides who does what and when, and our thoughts don't really count.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 11 February 2021, 20:12:22 »

It was perfectly reasonable for someone to cut my, and other people's hair wearing a face screen (like they do at the Hospitals).

If that's a reasonable thing for hospital staff, why isn't it good for everyone else where the situation may warrant it ???
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 11 February 2021, 20:14:03 »

I bought some clippers last March and now can do a fairly decent Grade 2 short back n sides.  :y 

Not sure I'll ever go back to a barber to be honest as it's always been a chore I've hated.  ::)
I got clippers a while back, before Covid  :y
I fitted out my Uncles barber's shop for him and could have free haircuts ,but it takes longer than run the shears over when my cap gets too tight  :P

My dog most definitely needs a haircut.  ;D
pet clippers are also available for home delivery from Argos .Amazon etc etc
though being cold ,I doubt your lovely little dog would appreciate having it's coat cut off right now  ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 11 February 2021, 20:14:35 »

England rugby coach Eddie Jones earlier on the news: The people who spend all day trolling on social media are the ones who used to write on the wall of public toilets.  ;D
That's not aimed at anyone on here, just thought it was a great way to look at it.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 11 February 2021, 20:15:49 »

I bought some clippers last March and now can do a fairly decent Grade 2 short back n sides.  :y 

Not sure I'll ever go back to a barber to be honest as it's always been a chore I've hated.  ::)
I got clippers a while back, before Covid  :y
I fitted out my Uncles barber's shop for him and could have free haircuts ,but it takes longer than run the shears over when my cap gets too tight  :P

My dog most definitely needs a haircut.  ;D
pet clippers are also available for home delivery from Argos .Amazon etc etc
though being cold ,I doubt your lovely little dog would appreciate having it's coat cut off right now  ;)

I know, I did it during the first lockdown. The groomer made me promise not to do it again  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 11 February 2021, 20:16:45 »

It was perfectly reasonable for someone to cut my, and other people's hair wearing a face screen (like they do at the Hospitals).

If that's a reasonable thing for hospital staff, why isn't it good for everyone else where the situation may warrant it ???
Boris is not listening. Crack on with something worthwhile.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 11 February 2021, 20:17:35 »

England rugby coach Eddie Jones earlier on the news: The people who spend all day trolling on social media are the ones who used to write on the wall of public toilets.  ;D
That's not aimed at anyone on here, just thought it was a great way to look at it.

How would that entitled prick know?
Laying a rubber road.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 11 February 2021, 20:18:09 »

Hospital workers are doing important jobs ,saving lives
they run the risk of catching and spreading Covid ,possibly ending up dead .

your hair being a bit long is not so important to the UK's economy   

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 11 February 2021, 20:18:59 »

How would that entitled prick know?
He won't know you said that because he ignores the internet  ;D
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 11 February 2021, 20:20:27 »

Good for him  :y
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 11 February 2021, 20:24:53 »

My £20 alone might not matter, but add it to the 50-60 that might go through each barbers and hairdressers 6 days a week it actually adds upto a reasonable amount :-X

Add in all the other furloughed people... Being paid by the government whilst not actually producing anything. It simply doesn't make sense to close down whole swaithes of the economy when reasonable precautions can be taken to allow them to continue.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 11 February 2021, 20:25:53 »

My £20 alone might not matter, but add it to the 50-60 that might go through each barbers and hairdressers 6 days a week it actually adds upto a reasonable amount :-X

Add in all the other furloughed people... Being paid by the government whilst not actually producing anything. It simply doesn't make sense to close down whole swaithes of the economy when reasonable precautions can be taken to allow them to continue.
Boris is not listening.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 11 February 2021, 20:30:54 »

Twenty quid for a haircut!!  :o  ::)

What you avin? Rinse, blowdry and perm?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 11 February 2021, 20:32:00 »

Twenty quid for a haircut!!  :o  ::)

What you avin? Rinse, blowdry and perm?  ;D
Blow dry? You'd get a blow job for that in Barnsley  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.