Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nissan GT-R  (Read 1102 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Nissan GT-R
« on: 19 April 2010, 20:23:09 »

Brother picked his gunmatal silver one up today and it's an absolute beast, running about 485bhp and 0-60 in 3.5 seconds  :o .

He is a jammy b*stard but it's killing him as he can only use half throttle for the first 1200 miles will he let me drive it? will he shite!
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Nissan GT-R
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2010, 20:25:25 »

Brother picked his gunmatal silver one up today and it's an absolute beast, running about 485bhp and 0-60 in 3.5 seconds  :o .

He is a jammy b*stard but it's killing him as he can only use half throttle for the first 1200 miles will he let me drive it? will he shite!
That doesn't normally worry you scousers Jon ;D ;D
Retired

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2010, 20:36:18 »

That doesn't normally worry you scousers Jon ;D ;D

Right, thats it! the leads coming off the roof of your student house tonight >:( ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2010, 21:01:58 »

Half throttle for the first 1200, so whats that , till the weekend.

I ran my Astra GTE very carfully from day one , my Nissan Sylvia layed rubber from the showroom entrance when I picked it up and every day till I sold.  The dealers kept asking why mine was the fasted of all the ones they had ever driven, dunno and didnt care but it redlined in 5th gear as well.   ::) ::) and an extra 1000 rpm ws often used in the first 3 gears.   ::) glad they put rev limiters on these days :-X
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2010, 21:03:50 »

On Top Gear some sort of limitation was mentioned untill it was near a race track, then as soon as the sat nav knew where it was it just unlocked itself, dunno if it was a horse power limit or top speed.

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2010, 21:07:32 »

Limited to 112mph unless near a race track.
[media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXFSVoVqhYw[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXFSVoVqhYw
« Last Edit: 19 April 2010, 21:07:45 by skruntie »

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2010, 21:18:41 »

Limited to 112mph unless near a race track.
[media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXFSVoVqhYw[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXFSVoVqhYw

Thats for the Japanese domestic market I believe, some sort of tax reason I think?

pembsomega

• pembrokeshire, wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2010, 22:17:00 »

all road cars are limited to 112mph, like the euro 155mph limit, goverment/manafactures agreement

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2010, 09:00:13 »

I ran my Astra GTE very carfully from day one , my Nissan Sylvia layed rubber from the showroom entrance when I picked it up and every day till I sold.  The dealers kept asking why mine was the fasted of all the ones they had ever driven, dunno and didnt care but it redlined in 5th gear as well.   ::) ::) and an extra 1000 rpm ws often used in the first 3 gears.   ::) glad they put rev limiters on these days :-X

Yep. Build 'em well, then give 'em hell. Works for me. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2010, 13:44:57 »

Yep. Build 'em well, then give 'em hell. Works for me. ;)

Kevin

Being completely honest the engine was a gem, i reckon if I wanted to it would have coped with hitting 8K, gearing was nicely spaced and did 30, 60, 90, 120 and 149 indicated at 6000rpm, never ever got that extra 1mph to hit an incdicated 150, tried it 4 times

At 7000 I used to push it to 35 and 70 mph in 1st and 2nd, 3rd went on to 105 mph.

Car was reported as the best ever chassis that they had ever bult in japan at that time, it was one of two cars that I wished I had never parted with.

So with that in mind I dont think I would complain at owning a GTR350. :y

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2010, 14:26:59 »

i absolutely love these cars, even the standard one at the £50k mark is a stunning machine for its price, we managed to get a pre-release black one on display at japan north in 2008 on a 57 plate courtesy of middlehurst nissan, i fell in love with it straight away!

apparantly the slight jerkyness that may be felt between first and second gear is normal. i'm unsure if nissan have got round to finding a cure for it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.