Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need EGR gasket or part no. for mini-facelift V6  (Read 1317 times)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Need EGR gasket or part no. for mini-facelift V6
« on: 03 October 2006, 13:44:59 »

Hi guys

I broke the gasket between the EGR mount and the plenum chamber the last time I removed the EGR valve. I ordered what I thought were two replacement gaskets from a nearby dealer, but when they arrived they were actually O-rings, definitely not the part I require.

So I'm sort of stuck in trying to find this gasket on the EPC. Mine is a 1998 facelift model 3.0 V6 with the longer plenum chamber, and the EGR valve not mounted directly on the plenum but on a kind of extension piece. It's the gasket between this extension piece and the plenum I require, it's a flat paper or fibre type gasket, green in colour, with two square holes in it.

Does anyone have the correct part number for it, or even better a spare one or two they could sell me saving two more trips to the dealer?

Cheers
Paul.

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
Re: Need EGR gasket or part no. for mini-facelift
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2006, 13:55:02 »

part number appears to be 90412574 (up to engine no. 08226006) and p/n 08226007 (which replaced p/n 90571482) from engine no. 08226007 onwards. I'd assume that your engine number will be later than 08226007.

(look in omega -> fuel and exhaust -> line 63)

From memory, the gasket is actually metal (probably as it normally gets a tad hot !!)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2006, 14:29:47 »

OK cheers I'll have a look at my invoice when I get home to see what they've given me.

I'm pretty sure mine isn't metal, when I took the bracket off the gasket was stuck to it, and a gentle prise with a screw driver saw it very easily split into two. It's probably not paper, but some kind of heat resistant fibre seems likely.

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2006, 18:33:43 »

The only one I can find on my EPC is 90412574, which looks like the correct part (although the hole shape is different). None of the other parts show up, I guess my EPC is too old!

The parts I actually ordered are 90500983, which is listed as O-rings. How I managed that I don't know, but I'd like to make 100% sure of getting the right bits this time!

How do I find out my engine number, is is on the chassis plate or somewhere else accessible? I'm not climbing underneath to try and read it off the block!

Cheers.

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2006, 18:54:35 »

The only one I can find on my EPC is 90412574, which looks like the correct part (although the hole shape is different). None of the other parts show up, I guess my EPC is too old!

The parts I actually ordered are 90500983, which is listed as O-rings. How I managed that I don't know, but I'd like to make 100% sure of getting the right bits this time!

How do I find out my engine number, is is on the chassis plate or somewhere else accessible? I'm not climbing underneath to try and read it off the block!

Cheers.

Assuming its the original engine it will be on the cars V5 document.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2006, 00:58:05 »

According to the V5 my engine no is 08287874. No reason to suspect it's been changed, so I'll take that as gospel.

So I need the later part.... however I suspect you've posted the wrong number there sounds2k, unless it just coincidentally happens to coincide with the first engine number it applies to (08226007)  :D

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2006, 21:43:35 »

.. ah yes, a blonde moment ... correct P/N is 9240142 (according to the info I have !!)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2006, 22:03:48 »

Cheers mate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.