Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CDC600 options  (Read 2063 times)

busastars

• Gwent
    • View Profile
CDC600 options
« on: 23 October 2007, 14:59:31 »

I have been reading through different post's on hear etc, but carn't find an answer. I have a 98 Omega 2.5d CD. It has a Philips CDC600 casette with a Blaupunkt 6 disk multichanger. Now I am not a fan of the stereo, it has no pre out's (rca's) volume display etc. Is there another stereo I can put in it's place maybe a Philips/Blaupunkt with no mod's that will link with the multichanger, display, steering wheel control's. Or one that will link to some of the car's original equiptment like the multichanger.
My plan is to upgrade the front's add a single sub and an amp. I know the original front's are supposed to be quite good but I still would like better.

Thanks.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: CDC600 options
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2007, 15:25:30 »

To clarify: Head Unit is CCR600, Autochanger is CDC2.

The next step up is CCRT700 but all that gives you is a phone (and the CDC2 won't work because you need a special version to work with the telephone enabled head unit) also any higher level Head unit above a CCR600 would require a different display to the one you have in your vehicle.  :-/

So you'd be looking at another manufacturers head unit to give you the functionality you want, you can buy various modules to drive the remote display and utilise the steering wheel controls but to be honest the display still isn't really capable of much more than it currently does for your CCR600.

If you start to look at a complete aftermarket setup there are a plenty of people on here who can offer further advice.

busastars

• Gwent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2007, 15:40:28 »

Thank's for that, sorry it is a ccr600. I think my best option would be just to replace the lot and not bother with any of the extra'a. New head unit & changer front's and sub. Start from scratch, it was just a thought on what I could have used or easyest way round the install.

Thankyou
« Last Edit: 23 October 2007, 15:56:13 by busastars »

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2007, 16:20:47 »

Hi, I replaced my headunit with a Pioneer aftermarket one, I used the Autoleads adaptor to keep the steering wheel controls, but didn't bother with the display adaptor, I don't miss it. It can be a "bit awkward" to get all the adaptors and leads in place behind the centre console but can be done with patience. Update your profile with all your details and there might be someone near to you willing to lend a hand.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2007, 21:59:35 »

The CCR600 isn't bad, covers most bases, just lacking in power at high volume.

CCRT700 isn't a direct swap - different loom, display, and Changer required.

CCR800 overcomes the deficencies in the 600 by routing its line outs to an external amp, and adds a couple of subs in the rear shelf.  Its a fairly straightforward upgrade, but time consuming as you have to take the parcel shelf out.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2007, 23:01:17 »

CCR800 overcomes the deficencies in the 600 by routing its line outs to an external amp, and adds a couple of subs in the rear shelf.  Its a fairly straightforward upgrade, but time consuming as you have to take the parcel shelf out.

And very rarely available, think i've seen two on eBay in as many years.  :-[

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 October 2007, 15:25:57 »

There are only a handful of Headunits that will work with the existing display. Vauxhall now supply 'VDO' single din sized h/u's in their cars which *should* perhaps work with the display but not sure if any are equipped with standard RCA phono outs? Can't remember exactly but a friend had both his cavalier and vectra fitted with iirc a kenwood and a JVC which worked the display. Sorry for wittering! If the h/u is not compatible with display it will show date which is ok.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 October 2007, 21:42:46 »

I have 2 ;)
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 October 2007, 22:02:08 »

Been thinking about this......

The CCR2006 is really just a CCR600 and CDC3 (Siemens 4 Disc changer DIN size as found in very late Vectra B's) glued together with a double din (VX style) faceplate.

If that's the case then I reckon the guide to adding line outs to a CCR2006 would probably be valid for a CCR600 as well.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1174515451
« Last Edit: 26 October 2007, 22:12:22 by VXL_V6 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 October 2007, 22:24:18 »

Been thinking about this......

The CCR2006 is really just a CCR600 and CDC3 (Siemens 4 Disc changer DIN size as found in very late Vectra B's) glued together with a double din (VX style) faceplate.

If that's the case then I reckon the guide to adding line outs to a CCR2006 would probably be valid for a CCR600 as well.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1174515451
Some of those double din units can have the output levels set (line out or amplified) via programming...
Grumpy old man

DaveMarshall

• Swindon/Cirencester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2007, 20:09:28 »

I have 2 ;)

I've got two here as well that will be up for sale soon.

Dave.
[SIZE=20]Vauxhall's breaking and wanted for breaking
E-Mail me at southwestvauxhallspares@yahoo.co.uk[/SIZE]

busastars

• Gwent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 November 2007, 23:24:05 »

There is one other question, the cable that runs to link the cassette to the multichanger in the boot, can this be used, ie: change the head unit and multichanger but use the existing cable. It would be easyer than laying a new cable.

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 November 2007, 13:48:32 »

There is one other question, the cable that runs to link the cassette to the multichanger in the boot, can this be used, ie: change the head unit and multichanger but use the existing cable. It would be easyer than laying a new cable.

Unlikely -- they tend to be unique to each manufacturer, although I remember some manufacturers' cables being interchangeable (Alpine AI-net and JVC spring to mind from memory). I'm not aware of any aftermarket units that will work with the factory fitted cable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.