Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CLIMATE CONTROL BACK LIGHTS  (Read 1574 times)

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
CLIMATE CONTROL BACK LIGHTS
« on: 03 July 2007, 23:06:48 »

Hello could any one help please I have a 98 CDX  and the climate control on the drivers side dial is very dim and also the light on the dial next to it does not illuminate I have now read how to remove the dials thanks to a post on here but before I go ahead and pull it all out does anyone have any idea on the type of bulb I need, to  replace what I am hoping is just a couple of blown bulbs  

Cav9_4

• Omega Knight
  • Sutton-In-Ashfield,Notts
  • 2003 Omega 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: CLIMATE CONTROL BACK LIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2007, 23:49:16 »

Hi,the bulb (12v/1.2w) looks like this and there are 5 in total in the unit..HTH...Wayne

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/uuayne/f2ee_1.jpg

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2007, 08:50:46 »

It will be a blown bulb.  Replace all 5 while there (the removal procedure tends to blow the others as the old bulbs become delicate).

Part number for bulb depends on chassis number...

-BULB, 12V. 1.2W., CONTROL ILLUMINATION   -T1147499 90541683 18 22 953 1  
-BULB, 12V. 1.2W., CONTROL ILLUMINATION  T1147500-  9120630 12 46 160 1  

(a 1998 care should be bottom one)
Grumpy old man

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2007, 19:50:40 »

Thanks for your replies took the picture and part numbers to local spares shop before I took everything apart hoping that it would be that easy, how wrong was that ! They actually stock the lamps in lampholders but we were not too sure which type it was so he decided to get a price from Vauxhall dealer who came back at £3 each £15 for five bulbs . I decided to leave that and go home and take the thing apart, looked easy in the pictures but the bar would not release on one side. I have now broken the casing of the dials but it came out . I lampholders what a pig they are to get out too. The actual bulb can be removed from the holder. So back down the shop and we are now talking 47pence a bulb only problem only one in stock but he can get some in within the hour.Back home and some minor bodging toi the casing and its ready for the bulbs. Back down the shop to pick up the bulbs turns out they have sent the wrong bulb they are the complete thing bulb and lampholder,as it was sent and booked as just the bulb he let me have them for the 47pence each so well happy all back together now and working ok . For everyones information the bulb is a type 236  12V 1.2W. So many wires etc behind the radio I wonder who desigened that then !            

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2007, 19:56:41 »

Glad you got it sorted :y
Grumpy old man

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2007, 20:16:42 »

Hello just one more question please  :-[ when  I did mansage to get to the dials there was a cable sort of just sat on top of the dials its a black two core with a heat shrink termination and the two cores appear to be insulated and the ends sealed again in heatshrink  :question one core goes one side of the dials the other goes the other side I can see no obvious place for them to go any idea what this is and where it sholud be going to please

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2007, 00:22:16 »

:-[ I have had a think about the cable I mentioned above and have just realised what this actually is. The car has had a nokia phone kit fitted in the past I know because I found the control box lurking under the glove box the other day,thinking about it this cable is the aieral for this unit so I can take it out it is nothing to do with the climate control . I thought it looked a little out of place where it was oh and its one less cable to try to squeeze back in next time the stereo or anything has to be refitted  ;)  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.