Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One more sleep !!  (Read 2797 times)

2boxerdogs

One more sleep !!
« on: 06 November 2015, 04:34:55 »

Collect the Merc E430 tomorrow from www.mtsv.co.uk  looking forward to the drive back home, SWMBO is also coming with me can't wait to get the new toy home! Will let you all know how it goes ,if the test drive was anything to go by I will have to watch my right foot!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: One more sleep !!
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2015, 08:54:20 »

Excellent. Watch out for mobile camera units.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2015, 09:20:09 »

:D  :y

Yes! Nowt to spoil a new car experience, than a £90 speed awareness course!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2015, 11:25:37 »

:D  :y

Yes! Nowt to spoil a new car experience, than a £90 speed awareness course!
Yes had one of those a few years back, when I was driving the wife's Subaru Forester turbo, lots of black looks when the course instructor asked what vehicle  each person was driving at the time . Nowt wrong with Subarus, 36 mph in a 30 so could have been worse !!

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2015, 11:35:08 »

I think it slightly irked my instructor that every single question he asked I was able to put my hand up and answer correctly. A bit like when the teacher at school asks the kid who isn't paying attention 'ok, smartalec, what did I just say' and they quote him back word-for-word.

I'm not saying getting caught speeding (34 in a 30) didn't make me slow down in general, but the course itself did nothing to improve my driving, I'd already 'sharpened up my act' before then, as a result of getting caught. A copper giving me a stern telling off would have done the same, a letter saying 'you've been caught speeding, consider this a first of three warnings' before getting points etc or something like that. I badly needed that £90, plus fuel costs, that month. Did nothing but make me poorer.

Oh, PS, hope you enjoy the new motor!  :D

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2015, 12:25:37 »

I think it slightly irked my instructor that every single question he asked I was able to put my hand up and answer correctly. A bit like when the teacher at school asks the kid who isn't paying attention 'ok, smartalec, what did I just say' and they quote him back word-for-word.

I'm not saying getting caught speeding (34 in a 30) didn't make me slow down in general, but the course itself did nothing to improve my driving, I'd already 'sharpened up my act' before then, as a result of getting caught. A copper giving me a stern telling off would have done the same, a letter saying 'you've been caught speeding, consider this a first of three warnings' before getting points etc or something like that. I badly needed that £90, plus fuel costs, that month. Did nothing but make me poorer.

Oh, PS, hope you enjoy the new motor!  :D
FFS.......let it go....

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 06 November 2015, 12:30:15 »

Collect the Merc E430 tomorrow from www.mtsv.co.uk  looking forward to the drive back home, SWMBO is also coming with me can't wait to get the new toy home! Will let you all know how it goes ,if the test drive was anything to go by I will have to watch my right foot!
I want to know all of the details......I'm lusting after something like this.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 November 2015, 13:25:11 »

STEMO is offering to give me the £90 as a xmas pressie, everyone!  :D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #8 on: 06 November 2015, 16:37:40 »

I want to know all of the details......I'm lusting after something like this.

Stemo rest assured I will probably bore the pants off everyone on here , it is my dream car big saloon big V8 under the bonnet & several cows must have perished for the interior, just hope it is as reliable as the Omega it will be replacing, if I had a double garage I would keep the mig as well.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 November 2015, 17:50:30 »

Enjoy. :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #10 on: 07 November 2015, 19:00:56 »

Well it's home & tucked up nicely in the garage, came back via Ilkley and straight down the A1  what a machine !  The owner of MTSV  Mark Taylor even put £20 worth of petrol in to start me off I filled it 90 miles from home, & refilled it once home 90 miles on 14 litres so approximately 30mpg not bad for a 4.3 V8 eh guys !l He has just bought Quentin Wilson's 190e from him last Wednesday it is LHD with I believe 60,000 miles it is on an H plate 1990 , a really nice clean car. Just looked through all the paperwork with mine all service receipts present & fully stamped MB service book even all previous vehicle tax reminders & tax discs , I thought I was particular with service history but this is incredible , how does it compare to my mig slightly better equipped with toys  & more responsive to the right foot ! Having said that my mig is a great car & I will be very sad to see it go. Hope to get more familiar with the Merc tomorrow weather permitting.

btc

• Intermediate Member
  • Burgess Hill
  • Medium black pussy
    • XF 2.0d r sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 November 2015, 19:10:32 »

Sounds like a lovely car enjoy  :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12 on: 07 November 2015, 21:15:34 »

Sounds like a lovely car enjoy  :y

If you go to www.mtsv.co.uk the full advert for the E430 is now on the site with plenty of pics..I am glad I was quick off the mark buying this beast !!

btc

• Intermediate Member
  • Burgess Hill
  • Medium black pussy
    • XF 2.0d r sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 November 2015, 21:31:43 »

I like the look of the E220 coupe he has coming in  :y
« Last Edit: 07 November 2015, 21:40:40 by btc »

2boxerdogs

« Reply #14 on: 07 November 2015, 21:56:23 »

I like the look of the E220 coupe he has coming in  :y
I would certainly recommend him , nothing was too much trouble a real gent to do business with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.