Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Never been so embarrassed  (Read 4141 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Never been so embarrassed
« Reply #15 on: 21 June 2023, 10:52:50 »

Had to look in the book to pop the bonnet on wife's new car  :-[

No point being embarrassed about something that is really common. Really, really common.

Although if you want to conform with such people, you need to find the locking wheel nut key and put it in a safe place at home.
New space saver arrived yesterday, along with a 3tonne scissor jack and a wheel brace with different socket sizes. Very good value from The Wheel Shop in Manchester. DHL managed to not drop it, hide or lose it, another bonus. Locking wheel nut is safely stored in the wheel well with aforementioned items.

This sort of thing really boils my piss. We spend £20,000 plus and we don't even get a jack or spare wheel. >:(
Yes. All the polystyrene shite from the boot and the bottles of glue that end in the bin must be killing the planet in some way.
The space saver did weigh a fair bit, so she will probably lose about 0.1 mpg now. Oh well  ;D

My car is a 3 litre 2 door coupe and weighs 1700 KG WITHOUT a spare and a jack.

A 3 litre Capri from my youth was also a 2 door coupe, but came  WITH a jack and spare as standard. it tipped the scale at around 1000 KG.

WTF are cars so lardy these days. :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 June 2023, 10:54:34 »

No point being embarrassed about something that is really common. Really, really common.

Although if you want to conform with such people, you need to find the locking wheel nut key and put it in a safe place at home.
New space saver arrived yesterday, along with a 3tonne scissor jack and a wheel brace with different socket sizes. Very good value from The Wheel Shop in Manchester. DHL managed to not drop it, hide or lose it, another bonus. Locking wheel nut is safely stored in the wheel well with aforementioned items.

This sort of thing really boils my piss. We spend £20,000 plus and we don't even get a jack or spare wheel. >:(
Yes. All the polystyrene shite from the boot and the bottles of glue that end in the bin must be killing the planet in some way.
The space saver did weigh a fair bit, so she will probably lose about 0.1 mpg now. Oh well  ;D

My car is a 3 litre 2 door coupe and weighs 1700 KG WITHOUT a spare and a jack.

A 3 litre Capri from my youth was also a 2 door coupe, but came  WITH a jack and spare as standard. it tipped the scale at around 1000 KG.

WTF are cars so lardy these days. :-X
It'll be all the gubbins for things like lane departure warning  ;D
Diesel till I die

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 June 2023, 11:02:24 »

Because, generally, we want to walk away from them in a crash and like nice comforts, two things that never happened with a Crapi, they are also much bigger cars now with a lot more power and better stopping ability, it all adds weight.............just wait until there is 500kg+ of battery onboard  ::)

As for the bonnet opener, I recall some legislation (not my specific field but, I did ask the question when Defender was launched with a plastic protrusion from part of the door card moulding to cover the bonnet release) that it must be restricted access such that you cannot easilt pop the bonnet when moving, so they tend to be on A posts with door trim in the way so they can't be access with the door closed (you can thank many a rusting Jap car for that one!)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 June 2023, 11:23:42 »

Because, generally, we want to walk away from them in a crash and like nice comforts, two things that never happened with a Crapi, they are also much bigger cars now with a lot more power and better stopping ability, it all adds weight.............just wait until there is 500kg+ of battery onboard  ::)

As for the bonnet opener, I recall some legislation (not my specific field but, I did ask the question when Defender was launched with a plastic protrusion from part of the door card moulding to cover the bonnet release) that it must be restricted access such that you cannot easilt pop the bonnet when moving, so they tend to be on A posts with door trim in the way so they can't be access with the door closed (you can thank many a rusting Jap car for that one!)

Yes, but an additional 700 KG.... :o :o :o

Also, the Essex V6 was made from either cast iron of fossilised dinosaur, neither of which are light in weight. ::) ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 June 2023, 11:32:21 »

There's an app for that!  ;D

I have a 117 page audio manual for the mighty Signum, and even a 76 page one for the Corsa.

For the Mexican I get SFA except a note in the general handbook to use the app on the touchscreen for more information. I have and it is utter crap.

I'm still none the wiser. :-\ Nothing new there though. ;D

Does anyone ever read through the audio manual?  ???  :-\

I've always just pressed buttons and twiddled knobs randomly until I get the desired result!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 June 2023, 18:54:25 »

Aren't you supposed to have have it safely stored in your safe behind the Rembrandt at home?  :D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 June 2023, 19:18:00 »

Aren't you supposed to have have it safely stored in your safe behind the Rembrandt at home?  :D

The usual explanation I got was I don't know what it is, so I keep it at home. After all, it takes up so much space in the car. ::)

The general public are too stupid to be allowed out on their own. The only reason it's tolerated is that it reduces their chances to breed more oppswits.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 June 2023, 20:03:27 »

Nothing in front of my ML's bonnet release  :-\ It'd be quite a reach from the driver's seat, but accessible all the same

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 June 2023, 20:24:24 »

Nothing in front of my ML's bonnet release  :-\ It'd be quite a reach from the driver's seat, but accessible all the same
That's very dangerous. Don't pull the handle when travelling at 70mph on the motorway  :o
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 June 2023, 21:40:25 »

Don't pull the handle when travelling at 70mph on the motorway  :o

I'll bear that in mind  ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 June 2023, 08:18:07 »

Ah, but your ML is a few years old now?

Neither of ours have anything to stop bonnet release being pulled, other than they fitted them passenger side.  You know, just where her handbag strap gets caught around it  ::)
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 June 2023, 08:49:06 »

Ah, but your ML is a few years old now?

Neither of ours have anything to stop bonnet release being pulled, other than they fitted them passenger side.  You know, just where her handbag strap gets caught around it  ::)

It is .... 14 plate.
Her C3 is older though but has it hidden by the door on the passenger side

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 June 2023, 09:36:56 »

I remember the fun of find the bonnet pull from doing MOTs and search for the locking wheel nut key and being left with the spare key with a flat battery as they cant be arsed to take the good one from the key ring with a thousand dangly bits on.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 June 2023, 09:46:43 »

I also had to look up how to open the 'bonnet' of my 451 Smart .....  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 June 2023, 09:55:07 »

I can trump all of your bonnet catch woes....  ::)

When I was a 'professional driver' in a former life I was allocated a spanking new MAN tractor unit for my day trip.  :y

I jumped in and thought How the hell do I drive this!  :o  There was no gear stick, auto box shift lever, flappy paddles or semi box shifter and after scratching  my head for a while, I had to admit defeat and go and ask the shunter how to drive it.  :-[

Turned out it had a auto box and the shift lever was an indicator type stalk on the steering column.  ::)

They didn't take the piss.... much!  :-X   ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.