Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mr Tilbo Rangie's Rangie Sport!  (Read 8018 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Tilbo Rangie's Rangie Sport!
« Reply #15 on: 24 September 2019, 13:14:23 »

Have always fitted an extra lock on every 4x4 I've owned so doesn't really cause me any bother but I know fully well it can still go I'm under no illusions whatsoever if it gets nicked I'm insured , an inconvenience yes but would it change my life ? It's just a car.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 September 2019, 13:35:14 »

Majority of thieves want to be away in under a minute, brand new range rovers can be done in that time, if it comes to having to hack a decent steering lock off they will go elsewhere

Sorry to have derailed you thread Tilbo  :-[ 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 September 2019, 13:47:00 »

Majority of thieves want to be away in under a minute, brand new range rovers can be done in that time, if it comes to having to hack a decent steering lock off they will go elsewhere

Sorry to have derailed you thread Tilbo  :-[

No problems, I am probably more security conscious than the average person because of my job (HMPS) but these people ( thieving bastards) who like to steal hardworking honest people's property are getting cleverer all the time , shame to see it nicked & broken for parts but I well realise what could happen.😎
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 September 2019, 18:01:41 »

Noice, very nice.

Year, engine? I might have missed posts elsewhere.. Now Tilbo can get himself over to https://www.rrsport.co.uk - second most helpful forum I've found after OOF as there are actual technical people there ;) (Like OOF)

It was registered Nov 2007 1 owner full history now on 87,000 miles 3.6 V8 twin turbo , never even considered a Land Rover but after seeing & driving this had to have it
It's an HSE so got everything apart from a television.
Is that the tractor powered TDV8 lump?

I am liking that :)
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 September 2019, 18:25:15 »

I wish I could understand the attraction of them, but it escapes me Im afraid.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 September 2019, 18:49:50 »

Noice, very nice.

Year, engine? I might have missed posts elsewhere.. Now Tilbo can get himself over to https://www.rrsport.co.uk - second most helpful forum I've found after OOF as there are actual technical people there ;) (Like OOF)

It was registered Nov 2007 1 owner full history now on 87,000 miles 3.6 V8 twin turbo , never even considered a Land Rover but after seeing & driving this had to have it
It's an HSE so got everything apart from a television.
Is that the tractor powered TDV8 lump?

I am liking that :)

Yes TB it is & what an engine indeed it's a Ford V8 twin turbo doesn't sound like a diesel & roars like a proper V8
never ever thought about a Range Rover but drove this & just had to have it , most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven , and by the by glad to be back.😎

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2019, 18:56:05 »

As a proper full fat RR doesn't fit too well on my drive (awkward rather than too big), I might consider a RRS instead, so will follow your threads with interest :y.  I had set my heart on a FFRR to scratch that itch, but needs must.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 September 2019, 18:57:38 »

The engine is closely related to the TDV6 in my Jag (although the 3l TDV6 is more related to the 4.4 V8, with the 2.7 TDV6 closer to the 3.6 TDV8).  They don't sound lorry like, do they :)
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2019, 19:04:15 »

The engine is closely related to the TDV6 in my Jag (although the 3l TDV6 is more related to the 4.4 V8, with the 2.7 TDV6 closer to the 3.6 TDV8).  They don't sound lorry like, do they :)

Not one bit , I managed to get a 2007 sales brochure  from eBay they came with a sports exhaust system as standard and sound superb, the TDV8 is only 1.5 seconds slower in the 0-60mph sprint than the  5.0 petrol supercharged version, so quite a fast vehicle considering it weigh 2.7 tons.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 September 2019, 19:06:19 »

Slightly down on oomph compared to the Merc v8 diesel, albeit it not significantly.

Sounds more like a v8 than a Transit though. Chap a couple of doors down has one and seems to like it :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 September 2019, 19:15:16 »

Slightly down on oomph compared to the Merc v8 diesel, albeit it not significantly.
That's why they beefed them up to 4.4l, which is allegedly better on fuel, and significantly more powerful.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 September 2019, 19:19:54 »

That's why they beefed them up to 4.4l, which is allegedly better on fuel, and significantly more powerful.
The extra brings it up to the Merc lump. Also it should be better on fuel because the L308 is lighter than the previous efforts.  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 September 2019, 19:22:23 »

Did a lot of reading up on the engines used in Range Rovers very little praise for the 4.4 the 2.7 should be avoided as considered underpowered , 5.0 supercharged superb but will struggle to achieve 15mpg the best is considered to be the 3.6 twin turbo capable of between 19-31mpg & bags of torque. I have got 30 mpg on a run & 25 on my daily commute virtually the same as my old Terracan.
« Last Edit: 24 September 2019, 19:26:25 by Rangie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 September 2019, 19:29:58 »

Did a lot of reading up on the engines used in Range Rovers very little praise for the 4.4 the 2.7 should be avoided as considered underpowered , 5.0 supercharged superb but will struggle to achieve 15mpg the best is considered to be the 3.6 twin turbo capable of between 19-31mpg & bags of torque. I have got 30 mpg on a run & 25 on my daily commute virtually the same as my old Terracan.
The 2.7 was fine in a Disco (Disco 3 maybe) we had for a few days, when she nicked one from work.  Bit flat over a ton though.  I think Disco 3 is similar weight.

The 2.7, despite the official figures, does seem to be incredibly economical in the Jags.  A mate has a X358 with the 2.7, and his economy is outstanding.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 September 2019, 19:37:06 »

The main reason I had never considered a RR is the horror stories of running costs, I have every bill for this vehicle & all seem fairly reasonable to me , the OE air suspension pump fitted at 60,000 miles was £653.00  I had far bigger bills on the Hyundai.
« Last Edit: 24 September 2019, 19:38:53 by Rangie »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.