Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oil leak  (Read 1139 times)

john1959

• birmingham
    • omega 3.2 elite black
    • View Profile
oil leak
« on: 06 February 2020, 22:49:29 »

hi had my 3.2 elite 15 years now had oil leak only when driving can smell oil intermittently.changed everything use 1 and half litre a month
its somewhere at back of engine upper level.done seals rockers trying next uv oil lek test this sat got new breather pipes just i case i need to change one.just wondered if you can help please.had leak 6 -7 years now.thanx

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: oil leak
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2020, 23:22:03 »

hi. 1 1/2 litre a month is a fairly big leak and 'usually' is from the cam covers .even thou you have had them done doesnt necessarily mean they are leak free now.if you are sure its somewhere at the rear you could do with wiping the covers clean at the back and then re- checking maybee with a small mirror and torch.the gasket can be easily dislodged and even if not the covers can warp .its hard work tracing leaks that are hidden and is best if you can get the engine as clean as possible to determine the source.
other people will be along soon to advise

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: oil leak
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2020, 06:27:00 »

I would agree with the above. Need to trace the source of the leak, but rear of camcovers has to be favourite. Breathers need to be kept clean. Cheap camcover gaskets don't usually last long. Check camcovers for straightness, and then torque them down evenly to only 8nm.
Follow the maintenance guide on here for fitting gaskets, including what sealant to use and where / how much of it to use.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.