Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doesn't seem a very long sentence? 150mph plus drugs  (Read 1707 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Doesn't seem a very long sentence? 150mph plus drugs
« on: 10 June 2016, 16:09:20 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36498272

Drug dealer, endangering others lives, wasn't just a short high speed chase either. 2 years and eight months. Out in 1 year and 4 months?  Maybe I am just getting old.

What happens to the guys car? Who pays for the damage to the other vehicles?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Doesn't seem a very long sentence? 150mph plus drugs
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2016, 16:50:26 »

Drug dealer, endangering others lives, wasn't just a short high speed chase either. 2 years and eight months. Out in 1 year and 4 months?  Maybe I am just getting old.

Not sure for damage to other vehicles, probably get told to claim through there Insurance?

In serious Criminal Activity, theres a thing called Proceeds of Crime, where the Courts can impose additional payment of funds, loss of Assetts or face more sentencing after your initial sentence.

My 3.2 ExPlod (which was parked up on Private Property) got hit by a car that was being chased by the Police, He ended up smashing into a BT Telegraph Poll, bouncing off that through a Niebourghs Cast Iron Gate, out the wall the other side and ended up on top of my Omega, I got nothing as Plod said He was driving without His girlfriends permission, therefore He had no Insurance in place.  >:( >:( 

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2016, 18:05:39 »

Not sure for damage to other vehicles, probably get told to claim through there Insurance?

In serious Criminal Activity, theres a thing called Proceeds of Crime, where the Courts can impose additional payment of funds, loss of Assetts or face more sentencing after your initial sentence.

My 3.2 ExPlod (which was parked up on Private Property) got hit by a car that was being chased by the Police, He ended up smashing into a BT Telegraph Poll, bouncing off that through a Niebourghs Cast Iron Gate, out the wall the other side and ended up on top of my Omega, I got nothing as Plod said He was driving without His girlfriends permission, therefore He had no Insurance in place.  >:( >:(
Thought that MIB took care of claims like this?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2016, 18:46:21 »

and the actual sentence? Long enough?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2016, 19:07:06 »

I'd have expected at least five years but, hey, the prisons are overcrowded and understaffed by glorified private sector security guards.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2016, 11:50:26 »

I'd have expected at least five years but, hey, the prisons are overcrowded and understaffed by glorified private sector store detectives and doormen .

Corrected that for you  ;D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2016, 13:40:10 »

And what do Tommy Lee Jones and Will smith have to do with it  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2016, 10:26:51 »

Didn,t he have a 3yr old in the car as well, or am i mixing it up with another story? :-\

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2016, 11:52:04 »

And what do Tommy Lee Jones and Will smith have to do with it  ;D

We could tell you, but you wouldn't remember!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2016, 12:14:36 »

Is there a need for high speed chases that put peoples lives at risk these days?  :-\

After watching the video, I'd have thought that the helicopter (or drone) could have tracked the car from afar and the police on the ground could have followed discretely and nicked him when he stopped.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2016, 12:46:49 »

Is there a need for high speed chases that put peoples lives at risk these days?  :-\

After watching the video, I'd have thought that the helicopter (or drone) could have tracked the car from afar and the police on the ground could have followed discretely and nicked him when he stopped.  :-\
Have you watched these interceptor programmes? It's what they go to work for. They freely admit to loving the adrenaline rush they get from "driving fast cars and catching the bad boys".

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2016, 13:02:39 »

Have you watched these interceptor programmes? It's what they go to work for. They freely admit to loving the adrenaline rush they get from "driving fast cars and catching the bad boys".

Who wouldn't?!  ???  It looks great fun and I'd love to have a go!  :y  Is it necessary though?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.