Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Ferrari will win next season  (Read 2710 times)

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
How Ferrari will win next season
« on: 23 September 2020, 10:05:31 »

Ex Former Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has been chosen as the new head of F1, as if they weren't bias enough 🤣

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: How Ferrari will win next season
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2020, 11:50:43 »

The other two top jobs are held by Ross Brawn and Jean Todt, who were Domenicali,s bosses at Ferrari during the Cheating Schumacher era.
They recently changed the rules for applicants for the job to exclude anyone who had worked in F1 within the last two years, therefore ruling out Toto Woolf, and most other people who might be suitable candidates.
Where theres big money, you will find corruption.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2020, 12:04:25 »

Having being involved in Motorsport in a previous life, you hear lots of stories, most are true,but you keep the peice unless you are 110% sure,due to the amount of money involved, as for the Ferrari suchmacer era, and Bennaton  I'm saying nothing..  Before you build a car, you read and re-read the rules and technical regulations, then build it..  But this makes good reading,
 https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=42&t=1023573
Hoof'land storeman.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2020, 17:11:00 »

They will soon be on a par with FIFA, UEFA and the IOC in the corruption stakes.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2020, 18:32:54 »

Having being involved in Motorsport in a previous life, you hear lots of stories, most are true,but you keep the peice unless you are 110% sure,due to the amount of money involved, as for the Ferrari suchmacer era, and Bennaton  I'm saying nothing..  Before you build a car, you read and re-read the rules and technical regulations, then build it..  But this makes good reading,

This is what Mercedes have done in recent years, and done it better than everyone else.
Ferarri dont.  If they are winning they are cheating. During the Schumacher era it was ridiculous. Everyone knew they had traction control during the years it was banned. And thats just one example.
They were threatening to pull out of F1 due to no success for a long time, so it is thought that Bernie and Max turned a blind eye to the blatant cheating.
When Ron Dennis stepped out of line once too often, by grumbling about it they almost destroyed him and his team.
In the last two or three years they have been muttering about pulling out of F1 again, and lo and behold their car is suddenly a missile again.
To their credit the FIA put a stop to the cheating late last year but signed an agreement with Ferrari to keep details of the cheating secret !
The other teams are rightly very pissed off about this and are talking to lawyers about forcing the FIA to publicise what went on behind closed doors.
This season Ferrari are mid field runners, which is exactly where they should be. They havent been a genuine top flight team since the mid 70,s.
What will happen in the future, with the three really important jobs in the sport filled by ex Ferrari men, who have been up to their necks in the past shenanigans, only time will tell.
« Last Edit: 23 September 2020, 18:35:03 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2020, 19:32:08 »

This is what Mercedes have done in recent years, and done it better than everyone else.
Ferarri dont.  If they are winning they are cheating. During the Schumacher era it was ridiculous. Everyone knew they had traction control during the years it was banned. And thats just one example.
They were threatening to pull out of F1 due to no success for a long time, so it is thought that Bernie and Max turned a blind eye to the blatant cheating.
When Ron Dennis stepped out of line once too often, by grumbling about it they almost destroyed him and his team.
In the last two or three years they have been muttering about pulling out of F1 again, and lo and behold their car is suddenly a missile again.
To their credit the FIA put a stop to the cheating late last year but signed an agreement with Ferrari to keep details of the cheating secret !
The other teams are rightly very pissed off about this and are talking to lawyers about forcing the FIA to publicise what went on behind closed doors.
This season Ferrari are mid field runners, which is exactly where they should be. They havent been a genuine top flight team since the mid 70,s.
What will happen in the future, with the three really important jobs in the sport filled by ex Ferrari men, who have been up to their necks in the past shenanigans, only time will tell.

Part correct.... Mercedes are just cheating better than the rest, and nobody has worked out how.

There was a rule, known as pump Fuel only, so the team in question found a Garage, put the correct fuel in the tank, then purchased the fuel..

It's called interpretation of the rules,  It's why big teams/ manufacturers pay legal teams and boffins millions   

I think there's now a rule about being in the sport of the sport.
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2020, 22:47:47 »

Interpretation of the rules and cheating are not the same thing. One can  be very clever when good minds are applied to it, the other is just cheating. Not interpreting the rules. Just breaking them and hoping to get away with it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2020, 22:57:37 »

I recall a team in Nascar with a car that had a significantly oversized line between the tank and the engine with a stop valve in the filter at the tank end... It carried enough fuel in that pipe to run a couple of laps even with the tank removed :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2020, 06:55:21 »

With that example DG, I recall an documentry where the car builder stated that he built the fuel line that carried 7 gallons of fuel

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2020, 11:01:05 »

That rings a bell. Apparently the marshals were none too impressed that it drove into scrutineering without the tank ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 September 2020, 11:06:55 »

I recall a team in Nascar with a car that had a significantly oversized line between the tank and the engine with a stop valve in the filter at the tank end... It carried enough fuel in that pipe to run a couple of laps even with the tank removed :D

It was Smokey Yunick. Well worth Googling his exploits, although you probably wouldn't have wanted to ever meet him.....

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 September 2020, 18:03:16 »

It was Smokey Yunick. Well worth Googling his exploits, although you probably wouldn't have wanted to ever meet him.....

Clever man.
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 September 2020, 18:16:32 »

Clever man.

Me, or him?

The obvious and correct answers are the same.......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 September 2020, 18:42:11 »

Clever man.

Me, or him?

The obvious and correct answers are the same.......

I refuse to answer, until another curry can be arranged ;D

O bogger I've mentioned it, that bloke with the chavtastic car will pop up in a minute, or the sarfend mafia.
« Last Edit: 24 September 2020, 18:43:47 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 September 2020, 04:40:57 »

It seems the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. And also that with the right surname, the team breaking the rules gets punished without actually being punished.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/formula1/four-f2-teams-lodge-intention-to-appeal-against-schumacher-s-sochi-win/ar-BB19sdUs?ocid=msedgntp

I remember when he was in F3 a couple of years ago, he wasnt doing that well, but in the second half of the season his car was such a missile that no-one could keep up with him.
I seem to remember the authorities declared his car legal without properly inspecting it. Its nice to have friends in high places.  ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 September 2020, 18:21:01 »

It seems the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. And also that with the right surname, the team breaking the rules gets punished without actually being punished.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/formula1/four-f2-teams-lodge-intention-to-appeal-against-schumacher-s-sochi-win/ar-BB19sdUs?ocid=msedgntp

I remember when he was in F3 a couple of years ago, he wasnt doing that well, but in the second half of the season his car was such a missile that no-one could keep up with him.
I seem to remember the authorities declared his car legal without properly inspecting it. Its nice to have friends in high places.  ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 September 2020, 21:15:26 »

Don't know what the hell i did there. The onrushing senility i suppose. ::)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.