Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Not exactly proud (yet!) My elite  (Read 11171 times)

omegabsw

• Intermediate Member
  • Essex
    • View Profile
Re: Not exactly proud (yet!) My elite
« Reply #15 on: 27 January 2011, 00:16:52 »

I Love it, a really great save!  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 January 2011, 15:01:30 »

I maybe breaking my same colour mini facelift elite.

If you want a new rear blind and yours is the harder to source light tan colour give me a PM.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 January 2011, 20:00:22 »

ActivaMad, I wish you all the most sincerest best with it mate, really I do, but I think if you paid anything for it, you've probably paid too much. It's rotting from the inside out, you're going to need to replace every rubber component, you'll definitely have to drain all the fluids and replace all the filters, the cam belt is a must change, and the petrol tank is probably suspect too.
The fact that it started is not really a surprise - that V6 is the most fabulous aspect of these cars.
I want to be proved wrong, want you to be able to laugh at me, so please do post more pics when its back on the road, together with your total expenditure to get it there.... 8-)

activamad

• Wisbech
    • Omega Elite, 320d Touring
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 January 2011, 20:45:10 »

ActivaMad, I wish you all the most sincerest best with it mate, really I do, but I think if you paid anything for it, you've probably paid too much. It's rotting from the inside out, you're going to need to replace every rubber component, you'll definitely have to drain all the fluids and replace all the filters, the cam belt is a must change, and the petrol tank is probably suspect too.
The fact that it started is not really a surprise - that V6 is the most fabulous aspect of these cars.
I want to be proved wrong, want you to be able to laugh at me, so please do post more pics when its back on the road, together with your total expenditure to get it there.... 8-)
Why will it it be rotting from the inside out? Appreciate service work required but think you are overestimating the work that needs doing but to renew every rubber component might be a bit overkill. To be fair most expensive bits will be cambelt filters etc peanuts and i will be doing all the work on it. That said will be going through MOT before i spend anything on it. Hope you're wrong too i know it won't be cheap but will certainly keep you all posted! Don't expect it next week tho too many other projects going on!

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 January 2011, 21:08:18 »

Rot on O/S/R wing underneath the tail light cluster looks like it may have emanated from perished boot lid rubbers.....

activamad

• Wisbech
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 January 2011, 22:40:05 »

Does look like rust in the photo but it's just dirt from sitting under a tree, not sure the paint will ever recover but it'll be fun trying.  8-)
« Last Edit: 27 January 2011, 22:42:58 by activamad »

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 January 2011, 12:17:03 »

My "rotting from inside out" comment duly recanted then!

Will be really interesting to see occasional progress reports with photos posted on here...

And -  I agree that it's good to see someone attempting to save it rather than break it up, so I hope you get her running and looking beautiful in due course... :)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 January 2011, 18:47:33 »

cant wait to see the pics once its all done up.

how long do you reckon the work will take? i take it its quite a big job getting it to pass an mot??

good luck though mate
RIP Paul Lovejoy

sotmh

• Intermediate Member
  • london
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 January 2011, 19:30:40 »

Congrats of find.  My thoughts on seeing the amount of shrubbery under bonnet, it may be good to enter it into chelsea flower show ;D.

Seriously.  I'm sure you would have mentioned if any smoke from exhaust.  However,  my only contribution is  it may be worth your while to do compression test, dry and wet.  This is in my humble opinion as I am certainly nowhere near as experienced as other members.

Good luck in your endeavours :y :y
« Last Edit: 30 January 2011, 19:31:40 by wot »

activamad

• Wisbech
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 February 2011, 12:02:17 »

Thanks all for the comments, updates will follow..... as soon as there are any  :y. First port of call will be an mot to see exactly what needs doing then I'll make a decision as to whether its worth doing- not in it to make money but not planning to spend loads and loads on it. TBH if it needs too much then it'll be broken  :-[. Really hoping it'll be fine tho, reckon I can get some progress in the next few weeks- will update with photos as necessary!!

Matt Read

• Middlewich Cheshire
  • Got off to a bad start with the Omega....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06 February 2011, 15:21:28 »

Congrats of find.  My thoughts on seeing the amount of shrubbery under bonnet, it may be good to enter it into chelsea flower show ;D.

;D ;D
I think you should keep the leaves, gives it the "distinguished look".

Best of luck mate. Hope it goes well for you.

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 February 2011, 19:57:01 »

That will come up great ....Always a good thing when it starts on the 1st turn of the key :y :y
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

activamad

• Wisbech
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 June 2011, 11:23:29 »

Small update for those who thought this one had dropped off the face of the earth!!

Last week got it out of its parking place and blasted it up and down local private road and it goes, stops, changes gear and doesn't overheat so thats a result..... however have found some extra stuff that needs sorting- all 4 tyres have massive flat spots where its been standing for so long  :-[, the exhaust is a bit blowy (shame because it sounds quite good that way  ;D and the brakes are a bit spongey.

The list is getting more extensive (and expensive!) but things like tyres exhaust and servicing I count as service items and out of the restoration costs (or at least thats how I explain it to the wife!!)

MOT will hopefully happen early next month so I'll get the full list of whats needed then and that will be make or break.

Ade

o-meg-a

• south wales
  • avatar disabled meantime as its mahoosive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 June 2011, 13:15:36 »

Be more worth your while to buy a set of wheels with some tyres on.
Will save you some money.
Especially if you just getting it on the road.

some pics of it cleaned up will be interesting.

klever79

• Glenrothes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 June 2011, 13:38:59 »

Good look with that  :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.