Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

ipod

(1/4) > >>

jaydee:
was wondering if any one has managed to hook a i pod up to the factory units and if it can be done how, i use the old tape on a lead method but it hisses a bit im not to sure if the fm senders work or how good they are

omegaman2:
itrip from griffin works a treat ,even when pod is hidden in centre consule buy it from i-world with charger for £27.00 inc :)

Kevin Wood:
I meant to poke around when I fitted the line outputs to my CCR2006 to see if there was an easy way to feed audio into it but I didn't get round to it.

Without any hacking you're certainly limited to a cassette adaptor or an FM modulator.

Kevin

sounds2k:
... or for a more permanent installation, consider a harman kardon drive & play unit - which can now be had for about £60 (see an example fleabay listing here)

I've got one fitted in mine, it uses an FM modulator (rather than transmitter) so it plugs in between the head unit and aerial cable. You do get hissing during quiet bits of music, but I don't think there's a lot you can do about that. From memory the only external audio input to the facelift head unit I had (NCDC2013) is for a phone, and as such is mono not stereo. Plus there's no way of selecting that input from the front panel ...  :'(

hol666:
http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/

hmm, looks good that. not a bad price on eb either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version