Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: future ban combustion cars  (Read 1987 times)

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
future ban combustion cars
« on: 11 December 2021, 02:38:10 »

Hello, I wanted to know the opinion you have about this, increasingly closer law. I am in Spain where the sale ban will be in 2035, but I think it will be there in 2030, which is very shortly, what do you and the people in general think? What are you planning to do with your omegas? I read you

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: future ban combustion cars
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2021, 02:56:24 »

The proposed ban is for the sale of NEW ic vehicles not existing ones, so I wouldn't panic just yet ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2021, 08:36:05 »

Hello, I wanted to know the opinion you have about this, increasingly closer law. I am in Spain where the sale ban will be in 2035, but I think it will be there in 2030, which is very shortly, what do you and the people in general think? What are you planning to do with your omegas? I read you

In 2030 the youngest Omega**** will be almost 30 years old. A ban on new ICE cars won't affect it at all.

Any such ban won't suddenly make the millions of ICE vehicles already in use turn into pumpkins at midnight.

**** there's a pretty good chance it will be the only Omega

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2021, 09:01:47 »

I still see plenty of Omegas on the roads here in Spain. I think the climate and the open roads suit them!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2021, 11:25:23 »

I'd imagine that prices of good low mileage, second hand cars will rise steeply after 2030.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2021, 11:27:03 »

I'd imagine that prices of good low mileage, second hand cars will rise steeply after 2030.  ::)
As will the cost of petrol
Oh wait  :-[
it already is doing  :(

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2021, 11:50:46 »

As will the cost of petrol
Oh wait  :-[
it already is doing  :(

They are taking the P*** with fuel prices, at one point during lockdown prices dropped to .99p per litre. last time I was out they were 1.42 local to me, not sure what they are at the moment. :-\

The down side with the higher prices it affects most areas through the UK and prices rise due to blameing transpotation costs. :-X

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2021, 11:57:35 »

Why, who would buy one? It's much more likely that the people who normally buy a dealer trade-in or other newish used car every few years will just hold on to their existing, hard to replace car for some time. My prediction is that the price of most used cars will drop dramatically, except for the distress purchase cheapies.

Just look at what the introduction of the LEZ did to used truck prices in the south east; a friend who was retiring had to sell his fleet in the north to get anywhere near what they had been worth only six months earlier, yet deals on new vehicles disappeared overnight.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2021, 12:02:01 »

Why, who would buy one? It's much more likely that the people who normally buy a dealer trade-in or other newish used car every few years will just hold on to their existing, hard to replace car for some time. My prediction is that the price of most used cars will drop dramatically, except for the distress purchase cheapies.

Just look at what the introduction of the LEZ did to used truck prices in the south east; a friend who was retiring had to sell his fleet in the north to get anywhere near what they had been worth only six months earlier, yet deals on new vehicles disappeared overnight.

The same type of people who pay through the nose for a nice old pocket watch, or grandfather clock now. Despite the fact there is no real practical use for either any more. We just need to look at our phone if we want to know what the time is.
Its about the appreciation of nice quality items for their own sake, nostalgia, and of course investment.
When things become scarce, but people still appreciate them , values rise.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2021, 12:47:35 »

Maybe you're right Nick.  :y

Maybe electric cars will come along in leaps and bounds in the next 9 years and they will be as good, if not better than an ICE car and the prices of a new EV will be comparable to a new ICE car.  Maybe not.  :-\

Maybe the government and power companies will install sufficient generating capacity to cope with the massive increase in demand for electricity in the next 9 years. Maybe not.  :-\

My prediction that we will be nowhere near ready for a mass switch to EV's in 2030, and all the people who would have normally bought a new car, will hang on to their current ICE car or will buy a young low mileage second hand ICE car instead. Hence increased demand for second hand ICE cars and and increase in prices due to a dwindling supply of good cars.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2021, 13:46:25 »

All I know is that my Omega MUST be kept going for the rest of my driving / general life! ;D ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 December 2021, 14:48:50 »

Maybe electric cars will come along in leaps and bounds in the next 9 years and they will be as good, if not better than an ICE car and the prices of a new EV will be comparable to a new ICE car.  Maybe not.  :-\

Maybe the government and power companies will install sufficient generating capacity to cope with the massive increase in demand for electricity in the next 9 years. Maybe not.  :-\

My prediction that we will be nowhere near ready for a mass switch to EV's in 2030, and all the people who would have normally bought a new car, will hang on to their current ICE car or will buy a young low mileage second hand ICE car instead. Hence increased demand for second hand ICE cars and and increase in prices due to a dwindling supply of good cars.  :)
For every 42 EV's sold this year there was one additional public charging point.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 December 2021, 14:50:51 »

For every 42 EV's sold this year there was one additional public charging point.

Yes, and that makes it all an absolute nonsense!

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 December 2021, 15:24:40 »

How many petrol stations were there 100 years ago?

EVs were about 7% of the new car market in 2020, and are expected to be 16% in 2021. Which will be more than diesels. Those numbers are only going to increase in the next 9 years.

That will, if it hasn't already, mean that chargers will become a market that's worth spending a lot of money on. They are considerably easier to install than a filling station

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 December 2021, 15:38:21 »

Got plenty of chargers at work - for those who can afford to buy the contraptions. Obviously this doe not include me.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.