Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mother Tunnie is currently sitting in...  (Read 7233 times)

albitz

Re: Mother Tunnie is currently sitting in...
« Reply #75 on: 06 January 2013, 22:18:58 »

Well,it was white. ;) ::) ;D

Nickbat

« Reply #76 on: 06 January 2013, 22:23:49 »

Well,it was white. ;) ::) ;D
Copy that. 10-4, Albs.  ;) ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 07 January 2013, 17:58:01 »

Well today I took her to look at the Insignia Estate's, what a huge disappointment! The boot is pathetic, its soo small. It has no height to it, the dogs would not be able to sit up. Even the sales man said "its not a dog car"  ::)

We went past Nissan, randomly looked at Qashqai +2, that had a bigger boot!

She quite liked X-Trail, useful boxes in the boot under the floor. Seats were quite nice, although everything was a bit plastic.

Like to say a big thanks to Josh Wyatt as he joined us at Oxford Motorpark to demo a Range Rover. MotherT drove it and instantly felt at home, she was flying in it. Down country lanes she said late "I kept it under 70mph"  ::)  :o  ;D

But with budget we have limits us to 2006 to 2007 era really, same budget gets lot newer Estates.

Next on the list to look at is Merc E220 or E320 Estates or BMW 530d

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 07 January 2013, 18:10:18 »

MotherT drove it and instantly felt at home, she was flying in it. Down country lanes she said late "I kept it under 70mph"  ::)  :o  ;D
I can confirm that joshwyatts old SC Rangie, with its Brembo 6 pots, was not a patch on an Omega around the lanes...  ...there were flames licking off the drivers side pads, but I kept him talking, so he didn't notice. Sshhh, our secret  :-X
Grumpy old man

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 07 January 2013, 18:20:09 »

Well today I took her to look at the Insignia Estate's, what a huge disappointment! The boot is pathetic, its soo small. It has no height to it, the dogs would not be able to sit up. Even the sales man said "its not a dog car"  ::)

We went past Nissan, randomly looked at Qashqai +2, that had a bigger boot!

She quite liked X-Trail, useful boxes in the boot under the floor. Seats were quite nice, although everything was a bit plastic.

Like to say a big thanks to Josh Wyatt as he joined us at Oxford Motorpark to demo a Range Rover. MotherT drove it and instantly felt at home, she was flying in it. Down country lanes she said late "I kept it under 70mph"  ::)  :o  ;D

But with budget we have limits us to 2006 to 2007 era really, same budget gets lot newer Estates.

Next on the list to look at is Merc E220 or E320 Estates or BMW 530d

If you're going to consider a 4 pot diesel have a look at a 520d, or even a 525d which is a straight 6 also  :y.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 07 January 2013, 23:46:49 »

MotherT drove it and instantly felt at home, she was flying in it. Down country lanes she said late "I kept it under 70mph"  ::)  :o  ;D
I can confirm that joshwyatts old SC Rangie, with its Brembo 6 pots, was not a patch on an Omega around the lanes...  ...there were flames licking off the drivers side pads, but I kept him talking, so he didn't notice. Sshhh, our secret  :-X
Yeah, decided I wouldn't have to drive that long before demolishing something. :-X

Shame, because it was nice in a straight line.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

omega3000

« Reply #81 on: 08 January 2013, 06:05:38 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 08 January 2013, 12:13:16 »

I've got to say, Josh is a good sport and remarkably calm as a passenger in his own car :-X :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 08 January 2013, 12:32:42 »

I've got to say, Josh is a good sport and remarkably calm as a passenger in his own car :-X :y
[/highlight]

That's because he actually TRUSTS you lot, the poor deluded youth! ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 08 January 2013, 17:53:19 »

That's because he actually TRUSTS you lot, the poor deluded youth! ;D ;)
Ahhh, yes, what it is to be young and foolish ;D

Still, as he says to me, better than being old and miserable, the cheeky git!
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.