Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG Rear End Kit  (Read 2225 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
LPG Rear End Kit
« on: 02 December 2009, 17:59:00 »

Bought the rear end kit for my LPG install today, got all the bits and pieces i need.

I got a brand new 90L torpedo tank for £105 inc vat  :o

Sorry to say i did not use Telio, i found i was constantly chasing him, had to ring him 4 times to get prices (each time he said he would call back, but he never did), once he finally quoted, i asked for an e-mail with the total list of parts, and prices, i would then pay for them. Heard nothing for days, i know he can be busy, but still, felt like he did not want to do business! If it was not for the glowing reports from here, i would have given up much sooner.

I went to Tinleytech for my LPG bits, very good prices as you can see from the tank! The Frame was £30, and the filler £29. Also got all the injector pipe work, water T's and fuel lines. (they are copper but skinned with plastic it looks like)

Got the fuel line to run from the boot, and separate lines for in the engine bay, also got the bracket for injector rail. So all set.

Total cost for parts (front & rear) is £520  :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: LPG Rear End Kit
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2009, 18:12:41 »

Not a bad deal. Polyflex fuel line would have made it easier though. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2009, 18:14:52 »

Kevin

I was thinking that at the time, but thats what he gave me. (i collected it)

Felt a bit stiff (ooo errr) to move around, so might be a bit annoying to run flat underneath the car  :-/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2009, 18:25:26 »

It's bending it up, over and through things that's a pain. Not impossible but not as easy. Worth getting some pipe benders. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2009, 18:28:17 »

Kevin

I was thinking that at the time, but thats what he gave me. (i collected it)

Felt a bit stiff (ooo errr) to move around, so might be a bit annoying to run flat underneath the car  :-/

Copper pipe is a real PITA! But still usable :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2009, 18:28:19 »

Bought the rear end kit for my LPG install today, got all the bits and pieces i need.

Sorry to say i did not use Telio, i found i was constantly chasing him, had to ring him 4 times to get prices (each time he said he would call back, but he never did), once he finally quoted, i asked for an e-mail with the total list of parts, and prices, i would then pay for them. Heard nothing for days, i know he can be busy, but still, felt like he did not want to do business! If it was not for the glowing reports from here, i would have given up much sooner.

I went to Tinleytech for my LPG bits, very good prices as you can see from the tank! The Frame was £30, and the filler £29. Also got all the injector pipe work, water T's and fuel lines. (they are copper but skinned with plastic it looks like)

Got the fuel line to run from the boot, and separate lines for in the engine bay, also got the bracket for injector rail. So all set.

Total cost for parts (front & rear) is £520  :)[/quote]

Hi tunnie can you tell me how much you paid for each part or section and where you got it from, am seriously considering doing mine early in the new year :y

Cheers Dave
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2009, 18:31:16 »

It's bending it up, over and through things that's a pain. Not impossible but not as easy. Worth getting some pipe benders. :y

Kevin

Cheers  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 December 2009, 18:32:06 »

Teilo is getting too busy I feel... I know I have had difficulties getting hold of him in the past (but nowhere near the troubles you had :o :o I mean, I only had that much trouble with Jeremy!) but his product and support is second to none :y :y :y

I'd be interested to hear what he'd have charged for the rear end kit... Tinley are normally very expensive compared to him :-/ :-/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2009, 18:32:37 »

Total cost for parts (front & rear) is £520  :)[/quote]

Hi tunnie can you tell me how much you paid for each part or section and where you got it from, am seriously considering doing mine early in the new year :y

Cheers Dave

Front end kit from eBay £225 (Stag4) - I actually got ripped off, someone here found it for £175 on eBay, all brand new.

Rest of it was from TinleyTech, they do sell front end kits, but they are a tad expensive for that  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 December 2009, 18:34:47 »

Teilo is getting too busy I feel... I know I have had difficulties getting hold of him in the past (but nowhere near the troubles you had :o :o I mean, I only had that much trouble with Jeremy!) but his product and support is second to none :y :y :y

I'd be interested to hear what he'd have charged for the rear end kit... Tinley are normally very expensive compared to him :-/ :-/

Telio was £140 for a tank (80L), as mentioned i got 90L for £105. I was also a bit nervous about giving credit card details over the phone without a invoice confirmation.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 December 2009, 18:40:14 »

Telio was £140 for a tank (80L), as mentioned i got 90L for £105. I was also a bit nervous about giving credit card details over the phone without a invoice confirmation.

From my experience with him I would say that was probably for the full rear end (Tank, Frame, Straps and filler including fill pipe) and he'd have charged for the back-front fuel line.

As for giving card details... I completely understand that... I was a bit dubious and must confess I monitor my cards a little more closely whenever I have to pay over the phone :y :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 December 2009, 18:43:16 »

From my experience with him I would say that was probably for the full rear end (Tank, Frame, Straps and filler including fill pipe) and he'd have charged for the back-front fuel line.

As for giving card details... I completely understand that... I was a bit dubious and must confess I monitor my cards a little more closely whenever I have to pay over the phone :y :y

Sure when he quoted me, the frame was extra  :-/

Anywho i got about the going rate i feel, with a tad larger tank. All in, costs are still nice and low  :)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 December 2009, 18:46:30 »

Anywho i got about the going rate i feel, with a tad larger tank. All in, costs are still nice and low  :)

Pass ;D ;D ;D

At the end of the day you're happy with what you've spent, which is what matters :y :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 December 2009, 18:53:03 »

Pass ;D ;D ;D

At the end of the day you're happy with what you've spent, which is what matters :y :y

Like to see a brand new 90L tank for less!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 December 2009, 19:44:39 »

Pass ;D ;D ;D

Like to see a brand new 90L tank for less!

True... I know my 90L 4-hole was £200, complete with all the fittings etc, and TT want about £215 just for the tank

Mind you, the single hole tanks seem well priced :y :y :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.