Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4G  (Read 1764 times)

The Sheriff

4G
« on: 31 October 2014, 18:55:02 »

We have moved to an ex pit village on the outskirts of Barnsley. I have the fastest 4G signal you could imagine. Huh? :-\

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 4G
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2014, 19:35:00 »

I was at Rannoch station that is in the middle of know where and got 3G  :o :o this is the most remotest station in the UK and I cant get 3G at my work wtf :o

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2014, 21:23:56 »

I'm currently back in Atkinson Morley and getting just shy of 50Mbit both ways for free while everybody else pays £12 per week for just about 3Mbit downstream on the Wi-Fi  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2014, 02:18:05 »

We have moved to an ex pit village on the outskirts of Barnsley. I have the fastest 4G signal you could imagine. Huh? :-\
Probably some form of 3.75G (HSDPA+) lighting up your 4g Bulb, thats actually giving you 2.75G (GPRS+) throughput, welcome to the world of High Speed Data connectivity,  ;D 

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2014, 02:23:12 »

I'm currently back in Atkinson Morley and getting just shy of 50Mbit both ways for free while everybody else pays £12 per week for just about 3Mbit downstream on the Wi-Fi  :y
Upload everything to the Cloud now, while you have the chance.  :y

Get well soon by the way.  ;)
« Last Edit: 01 November 2014, 02:27:17 by zirk »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 November 2014, 10:18:33 »

Ironically, 4G here in the back end of nowhere is around 18Mb, 3G around 12Mb (4g too patchy where I live). Go to the metropolis that is south Milton Keynes, 4g is 3Mb
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #6 on: 01 November 2014, 11:17:23 »

4G!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I have just had to fit a filter to my tv feed to overcome 4G interference in these parts. :o

No real problem though as lets be clear at 800 who are apparently working for the main mobile phone companies quickly sent me for free the unit when I spoke to them about the interference.

No interference now. :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 01 November 2014, 11:19:13 by Lizzie Zoom »

The Sheriff

« Reply #7 on: 01 November 2014, 11:20:14 »

I have just had to fit a filter to my tv feed to overcome 4G interference in these parts. :o

No real problem though as lets be clear at 800 who are apparently working for the main mobile phone companies quickly sent me for free the unit when I spoke to them about the interference.

Lord Opti told me that you were desperate for a bit of interference, Lizzie.  :-\

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #8 on: 01 November 2014, 11:43:00 »

Lord Opti told me that you were desperate for a bit of interference, Lizzie.  :-\

:o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Trust him, but he is a Doctor! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 November 2014, 14:29:30 »

:o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Trust him, but he is a Doctor! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
I think he said you needed a special examination :P
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #10 on: 01 November 2014, 16:09:56 »

Ah, now that is as likely as Doctor Who examining me TB!! :o :o ::) ::)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 November 2014, 16:33:03 »

Maybe Dr Opti has a sonic something or other.....  :-\  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2014, 17:31:58 »

Ah, now that is as likely as Doctor Who examining me TB!! :o :o ::) ::)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Dr Who has two hearts and two..........

This is why his edible assistant smiles so much. :-* :-* :-* :-*

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 November 2014, 18:26:12 »

Are you lacking in some way, Doctor Opti? :P
Grumpy old man

The Sheriff

« Reply #14 on: 03 November 2014, 19:26:09 »

Are you lacking in some way, Doctor Opti? :P
He is lacking a structure  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.