Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wynns Super Charge  (Read 7030 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Wynns Super Charge
« on: 09 September 2015, 22:56:12 »

Anyone ever tried this stuff? I put a tin of it in a car today at customer;s request (with an oil change) and got to say it was noticeably quieter immediately!

have seen more than one video where this stuff puts compression back up when one cylinder was off! don't know why but thought about trying it in the omega.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Wynns Super Charge
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2015, 23:01:54 »

Snake oil,the only one I've seen work is the lifter tonic and that's pretty good
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2015, 23:05:38 »

Formulated to maintain oil pressure at high temperatures , improve performance and compression in worn engines , reduce oil consumption and exhaust smoke, quieten noisy engines, reduce friction and wear , prolong engine life and be safe with catalytic convertors and turbochargers.

If 2.2s oil consumption comtimues, might chuck a can in for a laugh. But so far, had little luck with Wynns products.  :-\

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2015, 23:08:09 »

Fair enough boys. thing is I suppose these yutube vids can be rigged  however they want!

there'd be no harm in chucking some in to the omega, right?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2015, 23:09:51 »

Halfrauds sell a tin for £7, think with trade card should be around a fiver.  :y

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2015, 07:24:03 »

Formulated to maintain oil pressure at high temperatures , improve performance and compression in worn engines , reduce oil consumption and exhaust smoke, quieten noisy engines, reduce friction and wear , prolong engine life and be safe with catalytic convertors and turbochargers.

If 2.2s oil consumption comtimues, might chuck a can in for a laugh. But so far, had little luck with Wynns products.  :-\

Im glad its not just me using shed load of oil in a 2.2

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2015, 08:14:43 »

Anyone ever tried this stuff? I put a tin of it in a car today at customer;s request (with an oil change) and got to say it was noticeably quieter immediately!

have seen more than one video where this stuff puts compression back up when one cylinder was off! don't know why but thought about trying it in the omega.

Hardly a test though......you put it in and changed the oil........the lowering of noise could be the additive (it wont be) or the fresh oil (most likely)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2015, 08:49:15 »

Im glad its not just me using shed load of oil in a 2.2

It's been fine until about 181k - never used a drop. Now it needs a very small top up every 750 miles or so. I'm keeping an eye on it  :-\

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 September 2015, 18:17:32 »

Hardly a test though......you put it in and changed the oil........the lowering of noise could be the additive (it wont be) or the fresh oil (most likely)

Fair comment.

Is there any harm in trying it? i.e, stuff in, it dislodges a bit of carbon, oil strainer clogged....you know the rest..

?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2015, 10:30:27 »

With the exception of lifter treatment, I would always advise using a good oil and absolutely nothing else. If the engine has issues then no magic potion is going to correct them

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 September 2015, 11:21:31 »

With the exception of lifter treatment, I would always advise using a good oil and absolutely nothing else. If the engine has issues then no magic potion is going to correct them

Ive used 3 bottles of that lifter treatment and 3 oil changes but still it wont get rid of the tap tap lifter noise from the drivers side  :(
Omegatitis

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 September 2015, 11:48:53 »

Ive used 3 bottles of that lifter treatment and 3 oil changes but still it wont get rid of the tap tap lifter noise from the drivers side  :(

That'll means its fooked then :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 September 2015, 12:08:27 »

I do wonder about GM's penny pinching in later years, my 3.2 has the same problem. Dead lifter, lifter treatment no good either  :(

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 September 2015, 12:28:33 »

Ive tried thrashing mine but it dont make any difference . Im saving to get it done at sereks over the winter , think that will be a totally rebuilt engine after that  ::)
Omegatitis

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 September 2015, 12:31:42 »

Ive tried thrashing mine but it dont make any difference . Im saving to get it done at sereks over the winter , think that will be a totally rebuilt engine after that  ::)

I did just once, get it to shut up when hot. I'd parked up, but was at engine idle for a while. Parked on a double yellow  :-X

I made a get away once I saw traffic warden coming, it was an annoying day, so from idle to red-line several times  ::)

Stopped again, silence.  :o Did hope I fixed it, but nope back again. Defo a busted lifter  :(
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.