Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Towbar Electrics..  (Read 1382 times)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Omega Towbar Electrics..
« on: 11 November 2008, 18:23:06 »

Ive just picked up a 2.5 Elite with towbar and thought i`d benchmark it towing a horsebox compared to the Grand Cherokee.

However the lights ( any of them) on the trailer dont work in conjunction with the miggy being linked up, they all work perfectly with the Jeep towing.

So I conclude  ;D that theres a problem with the wiring or summit on the omega towbar.

Its got the towball and wiring thingy at the end with the 7? pins and all the fuses are fine.

So where do i go next to determin the problem? Is it easy to fault find at this stage or do i get it rewired...

I know nowt about electrics or towbars in case you didnt notice....

TIA  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Towbar Electrics..
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2008, 19:01:19 »

Ive just picked up a 2.5 Elite with towbar and thought i`d benchmark it towing a horsebox compared to the Grand Cherokee.

However the lights ( any of them) on the trailer dont work in conjunction with the miggy being linked up, they all work perfectly with the Jeep towing.

So I conclude  ;D that theres a problem with the wiring or summit on the omega towbar.

Its got the towball and wiring thingy at the end with the 7? pins and all the fuses are fine.

So where do i go next to determin the problem? Is it easy to fault find at this stage or do i get it rewired...

Hi Markie, can you resise your avatar please :y

I would take the rear trim panel off and see if it is wired at all ::)
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2008, 19:19:55 »

Hi Markie, can you resise your avatar please :y

I would take the rear trim panel off and see if it is wired at all ::)

Its all wired mate, checked that, as for avatar im in the office now and dont have one apparently ( however i do have pc issues that may prohibit me seeing it....
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

doog

• Omega Knight
  • Alloa Central Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2008, 18:05:59 »

I cant help re the wiring but if yiou decide to sell the towbar then let me know  :y

Doug
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for
me at kick boxing
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.