Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Eternalcar exhaust system - not good  (Read 3090 times)

Greenbay packer

• North Devon
    • View Profile
Eternalcar exhaust system - not good
« on: 16 June 2016, 21:50:11 »

Ordered a cat-back exhaust system from eternalcar on eBay after reading the recommendations on here, but despite the excellent delivery communications and fast delivery the packaging was awful and I can't say I'm pleased with the product inside.  No attempt had been made to tape around the long box and only a stingy amount of ordinary selotape had been used, so not surprisingly the box had split open.  There was some additional tape on it, saying 'packaging mended by GLS depot', but this repair had been equally feeble.  The Parcel Force delivery man said it was the worst packaging he had seen and it shouldn't have been sent or accepted for delivery in that condition.  As we could both see several dents in the backbox where the packaging was open he marked it as delivered damaged.

Opening the package it didn't get much better.  The backbox has at least six dents in it, most, but not all in the exposed upper side.  Not the end of the world if that was the only issue, but it wasn't.  The twin pipes are both bent at the ends (one looks ok in the photo, but its far from being round), and the welds around the pipes are poor - very thin and likely to corrode quickly (they're like this on the centre sections too).  Also, the tail pipe is a much smaller diameter than I'm used to on an Omega exhaust, only 1 3/4", not 2 1/8".

Did it get any better?  Not really.  The seam on one of the centre mufflers is awful, both pipes to the back box are bent and, worst of all, the mating face to one of the front sections is torn.  All parts are scratched to pieces as if they've been kicking around the warehouse for years.

What I'd like to know from those of you who have had Eternal systems before is do they always come like this or have I just been unlucky?  One or two of the issues mentioned wouldn't have been too bad considering the price, but overall the system seems pretty poor quality to me and doesn't give much confidence when it comes to ease of fitting and durability.  Should I send it back?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Eternalcar exhaust system - not good
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2016, 21:52:51 »

Looks like that has been in a battle with the courier, I ordered cat back from Eternal recently. Box was a bit bashed up, but the exhaust was fine. I'd send those photos too them and see what they say  :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2016, 22:34:05 »

I to had an exhaust from them..ok ends of pipes were bent out of shape and hanging brackets were bent...so yes that was annoying but the quality was good and it fitted very well......yours looks as if it was faulty from the factory with the piece missing from the flange and the weld on the box is diabolical....I would contact them and send them the pics you have and surely they must be able to see that it was not factory inspected before delivery and also that the delivery person could have been hannibal and his herd of elephants and it was trampled on......was there a delivery label on the parcel with an address of.....High town Road ...Luton  Beds...because that is what mine had on it with their phone number i believe.... :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2016, 22:40:21 »

You've been unlucky. I'll bet £1 that they send a complete replacement  ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2016, 23:02:55 »

MrsGK says "the QC guy must have been off that day"... that's abysmal!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2016, 23:22:51 »

Christ thats bad - as said send them pics, that condition is certainly unacceptable!

I've had a couple of systems from Eternal, and have to say they arrived quickly and undamaged.  Cartons were properly taped and arrived undamaged, plus all pipe ends were well wrapped in bubble wrap securely taped to pipes - a pain to get off but protected ends from damage.

Either their packaging/quality has gone downhill or you have been extremely unlucky - either way complain loudly  :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

baggers

• Intermediate Member
  • Heywood, Mcr
    • Omega 3.0 & 2.2
    • View Profile
    • Property for sale/rent Online
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2016, 23:29:04 »

Is all that damage really just from postage, very much doubt it.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2016, 11:06:09 »

Send them pics and info and they will send another  :y

If your lucky you may get to keep the original as a backup for the future.

Greenbay packer

• North Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2016, 11:10:36 »

Some of the faults like the mid section seam damage and the tear on the mating surface can't have been done in the post.  Neither can the pretty crap welding!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 June 2016, 12:12:29 »

Some of the faults like the mid section seam damage and the tear on the mating surface can't have been done in the post.  Neither can the pretty crap welding!

As we have all said, contact them and send pictures. There's a reason we have fitted loads of these exhausts on here and the images you have shown are not typical of the quality from them.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Greenbay packer

• North Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 June 2016, 15:49:45 »

Thanks for the replies.  Now I know they're usually better than this I'll get in touch with Eternal and see what they say.

Sorry if the pictures disappeared for a while - I moved them from my bucket to a folder in Photobucket whch I've now found I shouldn't have done.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 June 2016, 17:01:01 »

In would say the packaging is fairly typical but they normally fare better than that. The exhaust clearly had some issues before it was sent, though, as said. I'd argue for a replacement. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 June 2016, 17:48:01 »

Maybe I have missed something looking at the pictures on my phone - what's wrong with the welding ?  :-\
« Last Edit: 17 June 2016, 17:49:41 by Andy H »
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Jukeboxnut

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2004 2.2 auto CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 June 2016, 18:00:41 »

I've just ordered one from them for my estate, it's due to arrive next week, hope it is better than the one you have just received.  Have to wait and see.

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • 1997 & 1998 Omega Elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 June 2016, 18:22:36 »

I ordered an Eternal exhaust a couple of weeks ago via ebay for my V6 Elite.

Initially they "lost the order" but that was quickly sorted out by using the ebay message service to their "customer service" and the replacement came arrived within 48 hours.

The outer packaging looked similar to yours (a sort of coffin shape) but the box had more parcel tape to keep it together. The exhaust itself was well protected by plenty of thick paper padding and bubble wrap and tape.

The only "damage" I could see was to the ends of a few tubes which needed reforming using pliers. The hangers and welding of the clamshells and rear box with double tail pipes looked ok to me.

I have now fitted the system which was easy (apart from the usual sheared of studs at the catalyst to the old centre section pipes). It hangs well on the car, no leaks and sounds ok. I have fitted a couple of stainless exhaust tips to jazz it up a bit.

Only time will tell if it is durable but for the price it was a bargain?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.