Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Get him a rope!  (Read 3473 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Get him a rope!
« Reply #30 on: 02 August 2012, 19:21:28 »

I quite like Boris. I reckon he's the intelligent man acting like a baffoon.

Olympics. Its a London thing for London people. Londoners should pick up the tab.

I like sport, but the non-pay tv coverage has been appalling. I'll be glad when its over TBH...  ...was sick of it a couple of years ago.

I found the coverage excellent, 24 dedicated HD channels you can watch any sport you want.

Freeview, choice is 4 i think. As ever, you want more, pay more  :D
They can't fill one bloody channel. Its 2 mins of live sport, filled in with 28mins of some ugly bird talking about it. Very bad.

Don't know what you've been watching then? This morning, from about 9:30 to 13:30, watching Archery. Not a single shot of a presenter, just the sport, same with any other dedicated channel I've tuned into. With the exception of Swimming!
Sorry, I was working this morning. Most of us do.

Take this evening. The telly has been on about 20mins, and I've seen about 15m of that prat interviewing the canoe peeps, about 2m of shooting, now shortarse ex-crap footballer interviewing him.

Why don't they rerun the stuff you had on earlier?

I#ve never seen such poor coverage, bearing in mind the evening is going to be the time everyone is watching.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 August 2012, 19:38:40 »

Sorry, I was working this morning. Most of us do.....

I wasn't  ::) ::)

day 1 of 5 days off.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 August 2012, 19:42:55 »

I quite like Boris. I reckon he's the intelligent man acting like a baffoon.

Olympics. Its a London thing for London people. Londoners should pick up the tab.

I like sport, but the non-pay tv coverage has been appalling. I'll be glad when its over TBH...  ...was sick of it a couple of years ago.

I found the coverage excellent, 24 dedicated HD channels you can watch any sport you want.

Freeview, choice is 4 i think. As ever, you want more, pay more  :D
They can't fill one bloody channel. Its 2 mins of live sport, filled in with 28mins of some ugly bird talking about it. Very bad.

Don't know what you've been watching then? This morning, from about 9:30 to 13:30, watching Archery. Not a single shot of a presenter, just the sport, same with any other dedicated channel I've tuned into. With the exception of Swimming!
Sorry, I was working this morning. Most of us do.

Take this evening. The telly has been on about 20mins, and I've seen about 15m of that prat interviewing the canoe peeps, about 2m of shooting, now shortarse ex-crap footballer interviewing him.

I#ve never seen such poor coverage, bearing in mind the evening is going to be the time everyone is watching.

I was working, big TV had Olympics, other big TV Cricket  :D

The stuff during the day is just the sport, with Footie, there is no commentary/report at half time. 

Nickbat

« Reply #33 on: 02 August 2012, 19:45:50 »

The Aussies have not done well in swimming. The problem is a lot of other countries have sent swimmers to the Games. The rule book has been thrown out of the window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIORJbwqiY&feature=channel&list=UL

;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 August 2012, 20:02:18 »

The stuff during the day is just the sport, with Footie, there is no commentary/report at half time.
Bliss :)

We have TVs in the office, due to there being a call centre on the floor. But no sound. Sadly, due to the placement, I can't see any of them unless I move back about 4'
Grumpy old man

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 August 2012, 20:46:13 »

Americas system is far from perfect.Its possible to be left dying on the street by an ambulance crew if you dont have the appropriate type of insurance etc.
Our NHS though is in crisis imo.There is a lot wrong with it (also a lot right with it) and it costs way too much to run.It has become an enormous black hole which no amount of money can fill. Maybe we need a system somewhere betwen what we currently have and what the U.S have ?
There are so many people taking the p1ss out of the " free too evryone" system that it cant possibly cope. I was in my local A&E a few Friday nights ago,and it was absolutely jammed.They were spilling out the doors.Many of them appeared to have nothing more than a sprained ankle.
A nurse appeared with a board saying "waiting time four and a half hours", she asked that anyone whose injuries or illness wasnt actually a medical emergency and might be dealt with by a GP on Monday, could possibly go home rather than wait until the early hours of the morning to be seen.Suddenly,two thirds of the so called emergencies disappeared into the night.
This is one of the unfortunate side effects of a free systemcoupled with a population with an overblown sense of entitlement imo.

and lots of free loaders only in this country to milk it dry  espicially the free health service.........been there seen it and watched some one die probably a bit quicker than he should have >:( >:(

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02 August 2012, 20:57:40 »

and as for the olympics creating all the construction workers with jobs what a load of old tosh just like all the work being carried out on london stations and the dome when it was built most of the workers are foriegn  >:( >:( trades shortage my arse its all about cheap imported labour  :( :(

albitz

« Reply #37 on: 02 August 2012, 21:01:26 »

Absolutely fat bloke.Olympic site was built by eastern europeans who flooded into the area for the duration. Russian mafia were taking a cut from their wages too.Utterly disgraceful.Soft touch doesnt even touch what we have allowed to happen. >:(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02 August 2012, 21:43:59 »

Indeed. Not that I find sport remotely interesting, but I have 24 channels of SD Olympics and 24 channels HD plus the mainstream TV channels on freesat.

9Pm at night must be pretty much peak viewing time. Most of them are showing "This is BBC Olympics n" with a timetable of what I could watch tomorrow if it wasn't for the fact that I have to work for a living. No summary of today's events whatsoever. >:(

<channel surf>

Oh, look! Beach volleyball. :D

Men's beach volleyball. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02 August 2012, 23:37:48 »

Absolutely fat bloke.Olympic site was built by eastern europeans who flooded into the area for the duration. Russian mafia were taking a cut from their wages too.Utterly disgraceful.Soft touch doesnt even touch what we have allowed to happen. >:(

what do you mean fat bloke it was me that wrote that ???

are you saying i am fat :o :o ;D ;D

albitz

« Reply #40 on: 02 August 2012, 23:39:15 »

Sorry fat bloke,I meant to say pleasantly plump. :-* ;D ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02 August 2012, 23:41:30 »

oiiiiiii shaggy thats mr plumpjoy ;D ;D :-*

albitz

« Reply #42 on: 02 August 2012, 23:42:28 »

"Paul Plumpjoy" - I like that. :D ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02 August 2012, 23:46:28 »

thought you would lover  :-* :-*
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.