Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Get him a rope!  (Read 3485 times)

ted_one

Re: Get him a rope!
« Reply #15 on: 02 August 2012, 17:56:02 »

Yeah! Yeah! whatever.Just do'nt fall off your bike or crash your car  ::) Jesus christ  ::)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 August 2012, 17:59:21 »

Yeah! Yeah! whatever.Just do'nt fall off your bike or crash your car  ::) Jesus christ  ::)

America does not have an NHS, plenty of car crashes there  ;)

ted_one

« Reply #17 on: 02 August 2012, 18:12:26 »

And pray tell how in your world would you take care of 60 million citizens of whom many are unemloyed or are on low incomes and retired? ::)

albitz

« Reply #18 on: 02 August 2012, 18:20:01 »

Americas system is far from perfect.Its possible to be left dying on the street by an ambulance crew if you dont have the appropriate type of insurance etc.
Our NHS though is in crisis imo.There is a lot wrong with it (also a lot right with it) and it costs way too much to run.It has become an enormous black hole which no amount of money can fill. Maybe we need a system somewhere betwen what we currently have and what the U.S have ?
There are so many people taking the p1ss out of the " free too evryone" system that it cant possibly cope. I was in my local A&E a few Friday nights ago,and it was absolutely jammed.They were spilling out the doors.Many of them appeared to have nothing more than a sprained ankle.
A nurse appeared with a board saying "waiting time four and a half hours", she asked that anyone whose injuries or illness wasnt actually a medical emergency and might be dealt with by a GP on Monday, could possibly go home rather than wait until the early hours of the morning to be seen.Suddenly,two thirds of the so called emergencies disappeared into the night.
This is one of the unfortunate side effects of a free systemcoupled with a population with an overblown sense of entitlement imo.

albitz

« Reply #19 on: 02 August 2012, 18:21:33 »

And pray tell how in your world would you take care of 60 million citizens of whom many are unemloyed or are on low incomes and retired? ::)

More like 70 milion now,and that is one of the problems. 60 million was possibly manageable,70 million has passed the point of the straw which broke the camels back by the look of things. :-X

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #20 on: 02 August 2012, 18:34:57 »

Its the commuters staying away, big tourist money spinners still going well. Went through Central London last weekend, fully of tourists, just no Londers.

"The London Olympics will generate £10bn in revenue for the British economy as a whole. (Lloyds TSB)

-Revenue from tourists attracted by the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games are forecast to add up to an additional £2.1bn. (London Councils 2012 Team)"

So £27m is a drop in the Ocean  ;)

Tunnie you are mistaking turnover with taxable revenue. To make a profit, the tax revenue will have to exceed the cost to the tax payer of the Olympics, less any return from selling off the Olympic village, stadiums etc afterwards. But if you look at most recent Olympic stadiums some are unused and derelict, so I won't be holding my breath on this.

I guess you didnt watch the tv programme last week, that showed the design and building of the Olympic stadium. It is the first stadium designed to be partially taken apart after the olympics, so that it is much smaller.......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 August 2012, 18:47:22 »

America appears to cope quite well, thats 310 million citizens  ::)

The NHS is broke, it does not work in its current form. It needs scrapping, start again. It costs 100 billion per year to run it!

They scrapped a £12 billion IT system, money totally wasted!  Similar cost to the Olympics? Hummm  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 August 2012, 18:51:12 »

I quite like Boris. I reckon he's the intelligent man acting like a baffoon.

Olympics. Its a London thing for London people. Londoners should pick up the tab.

I like sport, but the non-pay tv coverage has been appalling. I'll be glad when its over TBH...  ...was sick of it a couple of years ago.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 August 2012, 18:52:19 »

Retired, I'd pay for them. Lame and Lazy? Thats why the dear Lords invented shotguns :P
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 August 2012, 18:53:02 »

It costs 100 billion per year to run it!
Not even close. Thats just a part ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 August 2012, 18:53:52 »

They scrapped a £12 billion IT system
Thats not entirely true. Actually, its not true at all  :-X ;)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 August 2012, 18:54:10 »

Olympics. Its a London thing for London people. Londoners should pick up the tab.

I like sport, but the non-pay tv coverage has been appalling. I'll be glad when its over TBH...  ...was sick of it a couple of years ago.

I found the coverage excellent, 24 dedicated HD channels you can watch any sport you want.

Freeview, choice is 4 i think. As ever, you want more, pay more  :D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 August 2012, 18:54:42 »

They scrapped a £12 billion IT system
Thats not entirely true. Actually, its not true at all  :-X ;)

Either way, its money pished up against a wall!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 August 2012, 19:06:20 »

I found the coverage excellent, 24 dedicated HD channels you can watch any sport you want.

They can't fill one bloody channel. Its 2 mins of live sport, filled in with 28mins of some ugly bird talking about it. Very bad.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 August 2012, 19:09:31 »

They can't fill one bloody channel. Its 2 mins of live sport, filled in with 28mins of some ugly bird talking about it. Very bad.

Don't know what you've been watching then? This morning, from about 9:30 to 13:30, watching Archery. Not a single shot of a presenter, just the sport, same with any other dedicated channel I've tuned into. With the exception of Swimming!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.